It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White nationalists are flocking to genetic ancestry tests — but many don't like their results

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: Xcathdra

Please explain how having a Nazi grandfather means you can't condemn Nazis.

Please explain how a person can condemn nazis yet somehow make it ok to be a nazi when its your grand father?

It is simple: you separate what someone is from who they are.

Same thing I explained to my son when he "came out": you aren't defined by what you are. You may be gay, but that isn't your entirety. And you can never reduce someone down to a handful of "whats".

I've stood in Rotary International meetings and led the prayer. I believe in a Christian God about as much as I believe in a Spaghetti Monster. But I led the prayer for this group. Not because I believed any of it....but because it was socially appropriate to go along with it. I suspect that anyone living long enough ago to be "grandfather" would also likely have been in a situation where the socially appropriate thing to do (or risk social retribution against you and your family) is go along with whatever it is that is being done at the time.

This is a common trait among humans, who are social beings. It doesn't make us evil. It does show one of our main psychological weaknesses....but that isn't evil.

A phrase used most often is "It was a different time" when discussing that kind of stuff. That is a good assessment. My stepdad was a racist POS when my mom met him. But he was honest, and a good provider, so she married him. By the time he died, he wasn't racist. He had seen how wrong he was. The nail in the coffin was when my sister put her black baby into his arms. Any remaining prejudice melted instantly in that moment.

WHich, honestly, is the problem with assessing people based on "what" they are, as "what" tends to change much faster than "who".

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It is seen in DNA that during the ice age the human population dwindled down to 10,000 or so. This doesn't provide much differences to suggest that people looking for purity will find it.
edit on 18-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

What is even better is when the liberal left elitists Hollywood types spout off on the topic. Case in point Chelsea Handler... Ranted and raved about white supremacist and Nazis only to find out her Grandfather was an actual Nazi.

So what.

This doesn't make her a nazi, unless you're suggesting there's some kind of sneaky nazi gene.

I'm sure it was embarrassing for her, but unless you're claiming that her Grandfather being a nazi makes her 1/4 nazi, then what does this have to do with those that proclaim themselves to be part of a strict ethnic group that they see as "racially superior", but then find that genetically they aren't.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You cant argue all nazis are bad, as Chelsea Handler did, and then change your tune when you find out a member of your family was a nazi. If we use that logic then what Trump said was actually correct.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: purpleivan

What is it with people being unable to read and comprehend a post.

Read it again, understand it, then respond.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

When my youngest son was an addict i despised his behavior and choices. But i still loved him amd still tries to show him the right way.

Nonetheless....people will jump thru whatever logical hoops they have to in order to keep their worldview intact. Another human trait.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You cant argue all nazis are bad, as Chelsea Handler did, and then change your tune when you find out a member of your family was a nazi. If we use that logic then what Trump said was actually correct.

A quick Google search doesn't show any evidence that he was an actual Nazi (he was a conscript in the German army).

Certainly doesn't seem to have held Nazi views after the war.

Also no sign of her saying anything along the lines of being a Nazi was ok?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join