It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military service chiefs condemn racism, extremism

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Four of the country's uniformed military leaders have condemned the deadly racist violence on display in Charlottesville, Va., and said it is not welcome in the military.

Our military is standing strong against racism.

The promotion of racism doesn't get a side. It has no place in our military, our nation, or our world.

Wrong is wrong.

Source
edit on 16-8-2017 by DancedWithWolves because: Fixed headline

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I wonder how the military feels about David Duke praising the commander in chief for his support?
edit on 16-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder how the military feels about David Duke praising the commander in chief for his support?

They probably don't give a crap what he says, like the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I doubt they think it's amazing.

But I would be willing to bet this happened mostly because a former Marine was identified as being one of the main leaders for one of the white supremacist groups, and there was that fat clown giving a Klan hand salute while wearing an 82nd Airborne hat.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

Four of the country's uniformed military leaders have condemned the deadly racist violence on display in Charlottesville, Va., and said it is not welcome in the military.

Our military is standing strong against racism.

The promotion of racism doesn't get a side. It has no place in our military, our nation, or our world.

Wrong is wrong.

Source

Praise God, this is what real leadership looks like. I salute these honorable men and women in our military.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Probably what people thought when Hillary got the support of a KKK leader, not too much.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well, sad as it is to say, there has been, for a great deal of time, a problem with White Supremacy and gang activity in the military of the United States of America.

While I am certain that statistically, the individuals within the military who are pleased about David Dukes support for their commander in chief, are an irrelevance, the fact that they exist at all is a problem.

That being said, the majority are likely disgusted, since the most honoured persons in the history of the units they are a part of, will have been those who fought fascists during the Second World War. Given that many of the units which maintain prestige in this era, were developed and created specifically to fight the Nazis, those who respect the history of their units will likely be absolutely twisted in the guts about this.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

It's not the job of the military or it's chiefs to make comments about politics.

The only function of the military is to execute policy.

A case of be seen and not heard.

It's a case of EXACTLY like that 'separation of church and state'.
edit on 16-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Kind of goes to show just how messed up American politics is right now, when those who know that their place is not to involve themselves in the slightest, feel they have to speak out, because there is so little real leadership coming from other quarters. You should probably be laying the blame for that where it belongs, not at the feet of the individuals featured in the OP!

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

It's not the job of the military or it's chiefs to make comments about politics.

The only function of the military is to execute policy.

A case of be seen and not heard.

It's a case of EXACTLY like that 'separation of church and state'.

wrong.

core values prohibits certain behavior. and in all the quotes, nowhere do they indicate their messages were sent out to the public. rather to those wearing the uniform. read it again. they are addressing those who sworn to uphold and defend the land, not mentalists....

hoooyah

go on, find technicalities...
edit on 16-8-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I don't know, but while we're asking, I wonder how they felt about Bill Ayers' support of Obama?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Fighting Nazi racism is a policy they have some experience with carrying out. Some gave all.

This isn't political.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

As long as there was no overtly political motive behind these statements, then I don't have an issue with it. They're right, these forms of extremism have no place in the US military.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

How the hell is that ?

Before Trump everyday of the week it was the military were baby killers.

There's hundreds of threads on here about the Iraq war.

Going back to Vietnam era were they got spit on.

Not wrong about a damn thing.

The function of the military is to be Apolitical save one respect.

Doing the commander in chiefs will with congressional approval.

END of story.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Talking about core values isn't political. No amount of spin on your part changes that.

If they had sent those tweets out a month ago, nobody would've claimed it was political.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

I do.

When the US military becomes an echo chamber for the ALT left THAT is a problem.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well, sad as it is to say, there has been, for a great deal of time, a problem with White Supremacy and gang activity in the military of the United States of America.

I looked at an American neo-Nazi web page back in 2006. They were recommending serving in U.S. military to learn certain skills.

In 2008, according to FBI gang investigator Jennifer Simon, 1 to 2% of the U.S. military belonged to gangs, which is 50 to 100 times the rate in the general population. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation's 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment, the NGIC identified members of more than 53 gangs who served in the military. U.S. gangs have sometimes encouraged their members to join the military in order to learn warfare techniques.
Gang presence in the United States military

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

My first guess would be....unlike you, they don't fall for hysterical bullsh!t stories.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

If that's the motive, yes, I agree, that would be disgraceful, but I think we have to be careful ascribing that as the motive. It could simply be a reiteration of existing policy in light of recent of events which I don't think is inappropriate.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

I like the message they're sending, but considering that the Armed Forces weren't desegregated until 1948 with Executive Order 9981 signed by Truman, I think that General Milley probably should have left out that bit about "since 1775."

But, being a veteran, I will admit that the Army was one of the least-racist groups of people that I was ever in. Yes, there were some, but in such a vast minority quantity that it was easy to dismiss them and move on. The military is "forced" diversity, in that we are assigned living quarters and don't get to choose our neighbors or roommates, and it provided me with a much better outlook on race relations (even though, coming from California, I was already pretty well-voiced in diversity with the mix of friends that I ran with).

Honestly, I miss my days in the military, but mainly for the camaraderie and ability to have a sense of humor about nearly everything, to include racial jokes, false stereotypes, and the like. We could and would laugh off the stupidity that was experienced by all races in the "civilian world" and come together as friends and brothers who would lay down our own lives to save the other.

I truly miss that. The civilian world is so full of superficial division, hatred, and lack of a focus on the big picture of life that it's no wonder that many veterans want to slip away from society and have nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join