It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are we doing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Did anyone stop to think that all of this NAZI/ANTIFA garbage is the perfect distraction from the crippling debt the nation is still facing? That we are no closer today to having a solid budget plan than we were 8 years ago? That we are being faced with enormous amounts of external pressure? That we are still engaged in wars long ago abandoned by the people of this country as a necessity? That our rights are now being outright attacked, not just by government, but by our own fellow citizens?

These two groups fighting in the streets of America are a very small number of people. But they CAN create a whole lot of havoc. There was once a time when these groups made their noise and then disappeared into obscurity. Because they aren't important. They don't care nor do they want to understand the real issues that face every day Americans. That their ideologies and their hatred is not a priority for the vast majority of Americans, despite party lines or racial/sexual identities.

It's a #-slinging festival of very loud people trying to convince us all to have a race war, to label anyone fascists and racists in order to justify their violence. To label anyone less than human or less deserving of rights because of the color of their skin. People are eating this # up. Now they're trying to kill each other over it.

Neither side of this has yet to perfect the art of picking up a turd from the clean end. But they want you and I to cheer on their extremism as a means of achieving the ideas we the people believe in. They want to sucker us into more old world ideologies, old world hate, and old world violence, so they can seize power while the people beg for scraps.

We are better than this.

We are Americans. Let's start acting like it.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Good post, I agree with where your coming from.

But it's over.

Just look around, it's in a downward spiral.

People are being played against each other.

There's an endgame happening, by design.

The America most of us remember is gone.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Just sitting back watching the show. In a State that remains calm and collected. That still arrests folks for violent behavior , defacing public property , digging up graves. That would NOT allow a flag of any group to be raised at any location that is not private property as they know its wrong . And treasonous .

That tells folks they are free to protest. But only under the conditions of non-violence or blocking of any public access. Else , they get arrested too . Doesnt matter which side they represent.

That still accepts discrimination lawsuits against a major corporation . Even if that corp is located in the State. With a fair chance for both sides.

A State that has a high enough tech ability to prevent hacking at election time. Then track it back within minutes. Even if it is the Federal government at work.

Need I say more ?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Sounds like Never Never Land...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wreckclues
a reply to: Gothmog

Sounds like Never Never Land...

It damn sure is close....
Not much wrongdoing is allowed here....
Thats why I have never had any hankerin to move to any other State
They are all nice places to visit , but I damn sure am not going to live there. Well , maybe Alaska

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
or.... President Trump is busy domestically and this allows Kim to regroup and rethink his position as to any war action. Saves face and slips back from oblivion.
Were always kicking and screaming now days, whats new ?

This is a conspiracy site, the minds in overdrive
The mind's a terrible thing to waste....

edit on 15-8-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No kidding. It is like rabies has taken over half the population.

Nobody is listening to logic or reason.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Not half the country. Just two halves of a very tarnished coin made from dried dog crap.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yes, This^

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I don't disagree. Not with any of it actually.

However, how do you suggest you inject this discussion into the masses? This discussion has been had and swept by the wayside many times and never seems to properly amount to anything. You're right, there are many issues among the ones you stated that need addressed, but how?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I don't have an answer. 'I don't know' seems like the only thing anyone can say anymore, myself included.

The older I get, the less answers I have for the ills I perceive in the world.

It's like watching a train wreck is super slow-motion.
edit on 15 8 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

It's like watching a train wreck is super slow-motion.

I see it more as ground-hog day.

Great and new ideas don't find themselves in front of the masses easily. It requires too much work and comprise and just doesn't mesh with the culture of today. My best estimation is that this too shall pass and better ideas will be the core of survival of our republic.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

The people in power love the riots and chaos. This way nobody is paying attention to all the stealing that's going on in the government.

top topics

join