It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About time:Google & GoDaddy rescind terrorist organzation websites.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Neo-Nazi site down after Google, GoDaddy cut registration

The efforts by GoDaddy Inc, Alphabet Inc’s Google and several other firms that said they stopped providing services to Daily Stormer are part of broad moves by the tech industry to more actively police online hate speech and incitements to violence.

It's about time they started to take the terrorist like threats of violence from the alt-right/nazi groups seriously.
How many more acts of terrorism from the right need to take place before people realize these foul individuals wish to wage war on America & it's values.

K~
edit on 15-8-2017 by aethertek because: kantspel

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: aethertek

It was just that one dude.

But go ahead, launch another campaign of censorship, play right into the Establishments hands.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They've already moved their domain and are still being trolled

Oh well. Sucks to suck to be a Nazi in America in 2017

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

The efforts by GoDaddy Inc, Alphabet Inc’s Google and several other firms that said they stopped providing services to Daily Stormer are part of broad moves by the tech industry to more actively police online hate speech and incitements to violence.

It's about time they started to take the terrorist like threats of violence from the alt-right/nazi groups seriously.
How many more acts of terrorism from the right need to take place before people realize these foul individuals wish to wage war on America & it's values.

K~

While I'm sure I don't agree with websites message that was taken down I disagree more with censorship and the erosion of the 1st amendment...

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Hopefully they follow up by showing they are against ALL terrorism by rescinding any sites owned by BLM, AntiFa, Black Panthers, Jihadists...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

K~

While I'm sure I don't agree with websites message that was taken down I disagree more with censorship and the erosion of the 1st amendment...

Erosion of the 1st amendment?

1st amendment doesn't protect websites from being canned by their respective domain hosts for breaking the terms/conditions which is what goDaddy is claiming

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Hopefully they follow up by showing they are against ALL terrorism by rescinding any sites owned by BLM, AntiFa, Black Panthers, Jihadists...

Why?

Literally two posts up we see how this is bad because it's censorship and a violation of the Constitution then we see this post lol

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I agree with you, but the 1st amendment doesn't apply to privately owned website registration companies. They can choose to host sites for whoever they want.

Though we can hope they'll do the right thing.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Why what?

Do you have a point?

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Dear Google and GoDaddy

Please remove

- rap music
- flat Earth
- lol cats

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I want to thank you for finally admitting that ONE SINGLE member of a group committing a heinous act of terrorism makes every member of that group guilty of terrorism.

I have no doubt you will use that brush in the future to paint other terrorist incidents with a similar broad stroke.

You have at least effectively killed the tired old "moderate" debate.

GoDaddy accomplished nothing with this other than drawing more attention to an unknown organization/website. They in effect gave them free publicity.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Censorship is never a good idea, and anyone cheering for it is sick in the head.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It was just that one dude.

But go ahead, launch another campaign of censorship, play right into the Establishments hands.

It's business, not censorship. If I had a web hosting company, I would dump alt-right sites like a hot potato. Let another hosting company take their dirty money. Now is the time to choose a side, and it's encouraging to see so many businesses standing against neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

Elie Weisel said it best:

We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Wherever men or women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must – at that moment – become the center of the universe.

edit on 15-8-2017 by icanteven because: typo

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

K~

First you have no concept of what the First Amendment means.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Google & GoDaddy are not Congress they are private organizations(businesses) they can restrict whatever they wish on the property within the law.
Which they are in this instance.

The nazi scum are perfectly constitutionally free to set up their own servers at their personal expense.
Unless of course they violate some law, like say inciting violence or conspiracy to commit sedition.

Some speech isn't free, you've heard the example of "yelling fire in a crowded theater", well if you do that & there's no fire, your butt's in a sling.

Secondly,,,
So you disagree more with a private business not wishing to associate itself (free association another constitutional guarantee) with an ideology that murdered by the millions than you disagree with the purveyors of that ideology?

Hmm.

K~
edit on 15-8-2017 by aethertek because: too many k

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

K~

Erosion of the 1st amendment?

1st amendment doesn't protect websites from being canned by their respective domain hosts for breaking the terms/conditions which is what goDaddy is claiming

Do I really need to link articles showing the Government and big tech companies working together. Private company or not this is a slippery slope. One where the US Gov influences and often works hand and hand with these companies....

Where was this private company outrage when the cake maker refused to make a cake for a Gay customer?? They were a private company too weren't they??

Simple fact is people are OK with this as long as it serves their agenda.. While I don't like a majority of the messages these groups put out, I really don't like someone censuring any message as it is not what this country was founded on...

If anyone is OK with this type of censorship then you are one step away from 1984....

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

See my reply to Romebyfire

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

K~

First you have no concept of what the First Amendment means.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Google & GoDaddy are not Congress they are private organizations(businesses) they can restrict whatever they wish on the property within the law.
Which they are in this instance.

The nazi scum are perfectly constitutionally free to set up their own servers at their personal expense.
Unless of course they violate some law, like say inciting violence or conspiracy to commit sedition.

Some speech isn't free, you've heard the example of "yelling fire in a crowded theater", well if you do that & there's no fire, your butt's in a sling.

Secondly,,,
So you disagree more with a private business not wishing to associate itself (free association another constitutional guarantee) with an ideology that murdered by the millions than you disagree with the purveyors of that ideology?

Hmm.

K~
K~

There is nothing "private" about Google.

You need to do a little more research about Alphabet(ironic) employees.

I'd wager that Farcebook has bitten on the black bucks too.

"NO, It's for marketing purposes, that we listen through your phone and TV."
"It's for your own good"

Google is trash. Only use it if you want to be harvested like a cow.

1st Amendment?

Screw it, start a LLC, or buy one with tax dollars

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

But but but they are PRIVATE companies!! They can do business with who ever they want!! Laughable....

Like I said earlier, the censor crowd is always for it when it serves their agenda...

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Simple fact is people are OK with this as long as it serves their agenda.. While I don't like a majority of the messages these groups put out, I really don't like someone censuring any message as it is not what this country was founded on...

If anyone is OK with this type of censorship then you are one step away from 1984....

This is not censorship. Those alt-right members are perfectly welcome to set up their own private servers and host their own site. A company is not beholden by law to serve them with space to spew hatred. Censorship would be if the government suddenly enacted an amendment that stated alt-right leaning individuals would no longer be allowed to meet up, speak out, or share an ideology, and, if they did so, immediate jail time. Last time I checked, there is no such law banning any private company from accepting their business.

They still have freedom of speech. They just have to find a venue that's willing to take their money.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Bout time we act like China ?

That communist regime that totally censors what they read ?

Or.

Nazi book burners. Google.

Either way what a glorious win for the first amendment.

Why yes people there is no RIGHT to freedom of speech and expression.

Mere words just might rub off on you.

GOOGLE ?

EPIC FAIL.

Anyone that supports that behavior.

FAIL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join