It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British politics in a mess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well I've just stumbled across this site more by accident than design, but i've been looking for a decent politics forum for a long time now and it seems perhaps i have now found one!!!

I'm 24, from wales, currently a masters student, and im very frustrated with british politics. I have no allegiance to a political party, and quite simply i dont think any of them could do a good enough job running our country (looks like im spoiling my vote in may!). Having had a brief look through the forum it seems many of you do have allegiances do certain parties. it will be interesting to debate some of these points as im sure i will! but alas, i am still waiting for a party to enter our political system which truly stands for the needs of the people, and is not motivated by greed or personal gain (or in some cases, sheer stupidity).

A quick sum up of my views - i am neither left, right or centre, in fact i despise the fact that parties label themselves in this way as it is entirely possible to have left wing views, right wing views, and something in between all at the same time. for example, i have right wing views on issues such as crime, the EU and immigration, and left wing views on environmental issues, public services and social equality.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Welcome gareth, nice to have you join the fray (just don't make any political bets in the stylee of the current Welsh fad for making bets and using your boll*cks as the 'stake'!).

news.scotsman.com...

[edit on 8-2-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:05 PM
link   
yeah ive seen that - owwww

but then he's from caerphilly, theyre all a little crazy there....

new topics

join