It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Going to need to start R&D and testing nuclear technologies ASAP with NK doing it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
We made some treatise to end our testing but every nuclear nation on earth will need to start again. North Korea is testing and R&D with modern technology and science breakthroughs.

We cannot stand by and allow North Korea to make breakthrough nuclear technology while we stand quiet in a corner!

Either all Nations honor nuclear pacts or none can. No telling what the North might come up with or discover while we sit idle.

What do you think? Time to start testing again?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

No need for testing explosions moving forward unless it is not fission or fission/fusion. They have it down.

And the US still tests delivery systems and god knows what else, given the ridiculous budget. Are you suggesting the US does not spend enough on defense? Not seeing your point here.
edit on 14-8-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

We kind of know what we're doing with regards to nukes. We've been doing it longer than any other nation. Unless the basic rules of fission and fusion have changed...we don't really need to test anything.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I hear you. It's been some 25 or so years since we popped one. We take them apart, replace / update stuff and put them back together again. We rely on computer models and history to tell us they will work. I guess if we use them we hope they will work and not fizzle.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

We kind of know what we're doing with regards to nukes. We've been doing it longer than any other nation

How do you make that out ?

America didn't invent The Bomb. They where just one of three partners along with The U.K. and Canada.

Reach for a history book, it may help.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

We kind of know what we're doing with regards to nukes. We've been doing it longer than any other nation

America didn't invent The Bomb. They where just one of three partners along with The U.K. and Canada.

YOU MIGHT BELIEVE THAT BUT YOUR WRONG. CUte that you think that but the Manhatten project cost the US 2 billion at the time a huge expense. With or without UK scientists this was going to happen. What happened is physicists were fleeing the war in Europe and became US citizens.

Scientists Who Invented the Atomic Bomb under the Manhattan Project: Robert Oppenheimer, David Bohm, Leo Szilard, Eugene Wigner, Otto Frisch, Rudolf Peierls, Felix Bloch, Niels Bohr, Emilio Segre, James Franck, Enrico Fermi, Klaus Fuchs and Edward Teller.
edit on 8/14/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
America missile technology is currently 30 to 40 years ahead of the Koreans anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Link please to back that up . Trust but verify....

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

We cannot stand by and allow North Korea to make breakthrough nuclear technology

For All That Is Holy , please tell me that was sarcasm
Please , I beg of you.
That had to be.
Or you have completely destroyed my faith in ATS' motto
No , no political thread could or ever has made me feel that way. Nor rock on Mars.

Actually , I got your point....

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

OK things are different now we can do nuclear tests on computers. We could for example design a new detonator and test it's effects within hours.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
"Now I have become Death , destroyer of Worlds" - Oppenheimer

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

North Korea has only managed a Hiroshima sized nuke thus far. The West has had the capability to set off nukes so large they send shockwaves 3 times around the planet and scientists feared it would set the atmosphere on fire.

When it comes down to it, if NK launched all of their nukes at once it may knock out a country or two. The counter response will be 10,000 times greater in size and number and will turn the country into a smoking crater.

In short, no we don't need to resume testing or research. We have more than enough as it is.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So they could not come up with something we never did? Computer models cannot replicate nature. NK could discover a way to make them more powerful, or use other materials or I duno, beam xrays at it during explosion to make it create less radiation...(I made that up). Laser's could effect it yield... who knows. Maybe lace it with carbon nanotubes or case it in graphene.

There is stuff we have invented that did not exist when our scientist last experimented with nuclear technology.

edit on 14-8-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

He said it but it wasn't his quote. It actually comes from the Bhagavad Gita.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

We may not have "invented "it, but we are the ones that tested them, and used them before anyone else had them...hence "we have been doing it longer than any other nation."

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Gothmog

He said it but it wasn't his quote. It actually comes from the Bhagavad Gita.

I know....supposedly . And , yes I have read the Bhagavad Gita and the Mahabarata as well. Interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
So they could not come up with something we never did? Computer models cannot replicate nature. NK could discover a way to make them more powerful, or use other materials or I duno, beam xrays at it during explosion to make it create less radiation...(I made that up). Laser's could effect it yield... who knows. Maybe lace it with carbon nanotubes or case it in graphene.

There is stuff we have invented that did not exist when our scientist last experimented with nuclear technology.

Are computer models are highly accurate. We don't have to test how something will respond we have done tests and based off the results can predict reactions.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

the U.S. R&D people have forgotten more about nuclear weapons than little fat kimmie's people have learned in the past ten years.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Oh just because a treaty was signed does not mean
the USA stopped testing anything.That's how
we roll.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Um....okaaaay.....

You really think the usa hasnt been researching developing and even deploying weapon systems more advanced and destructive than a nuke?

We wouldnt even use a nuke these days weve got something far more dynamic, usefull and even devestating than a nuke and the good thing is this time theres no fear of radioactive fallout and radiation... at all. Nore effects to the environment beyond the blast zone. An elegant weapon and far more fearsome.

My advice, dont worry about the USA's current capabilities in the wmd department they are vastly far ahead of anybody.
edit on 14-8-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join