It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merck chief Ken Frazier resigns from Trump council , President Takes a shot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Merck pharmaceuticals chief Ken Frazier has resigned from President Trump's American Manufacturing Council following the violence seen in Charlottesville and his belief that the President didn't go far enough in condemning the violence at the white supremacist rally.

Picture of Mr Frazier and the President in happier times.

Mr Frazier said: "I feel a responsibility to take a stand against intolerance and extremism." "America's leaders must honour our fundamental views by clearly rejecting expressions of hatred, bigotry and group supremacy, which run counter to the American ideal that all people are created equal."
www.bbc.co.uk...

In response the President had this to say on his former Manufacturing Council member via twitter.

Now that Ken Frazier of Merck Pharma has resigned from President's Manufacturing Council,he will have more time to LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!
twitter.com...

If he thought that why did he appoint a man who rips people off to the President's Manufacturing Council , or perhaps Mr Trump is just being mean.
More resignations could follow because of shareholder pressure.

Hell hath no fury like a Donald scorned.

edit on 14-8-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
He is probably getting a lot of subtle pressure to step down and probably saw now as good of time as any with Charlottesville giving cover. Being black and conservative is not a place for people who worry about what others think of them. Mr. Frazier may actually be conservative or truly wanted to participate, but he may be jeopardizing his position in the community at large by even being tangentially connected to Trump. Even just talking to Trump will get you excoriated within the black community (see Steve Harvey...)

I don't know how much stronger Trump can denounce what happened there to make people happy. No one was harping on Obama to denounce BLM and all the other nonsense coming from the left.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

For me the fact that Mr Frazier has resigned from the Manufacturing Council is secondary to the response of the President to his resignation , he criticized Trump's statement on the incident and Trump's first reaction is to attack him through twitter ... Not very Presidential.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

For me the fact that Mr Frazier has resigned from the Manufacturing Council is secondary to the response of the President to his resignation , he criticized Trump's statement on the incident and Trump's first reaction is to attack him through twitter ... Not very Presidential.

Maybe, maybe not. Quite frankly, I find Trump's outbursts refreshing instead of all the warmed over double speak from politicians. Trump probably sees it for what it is... Frazier accusing Trump of not being strong enough in his response. Trump probably feeling "WTF are you talking about?", so Trump decides to just speak how he feels... which in summary, is "this guy is full of sh*t. He has some nerve when he is gouging people at a pharma company."

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I use to work for Merck, I’m proud of the brother, right on bro!

He did the right thing, Trump is a national disgrace

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I find Trump's outbursts refreshing instead of all the warmed over double speak from politicians.

I find them childish and inappropriate for the leader of the free world , this man has all of our futures in his hands and childish reactions when things don't go his way I find concerning.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well during his campaign one of Trumps go to lines was (referring to Obama) "why can't he say Muslim Extremists?"

Now that the shoe is on Trump's foot, why can't he say "Neo-Nazis and KKK members?"

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
To be a black CEO of Merck, this guy must be an exceptional person. Believe me, I worked at Merck, in Rahway, NJ, Whitehouse NJ, their headquarters, and that place is one of the hardest places to advance you’ll ever see.

Trump is not half the man this guy is who made it on his raw talent, not nepotism like Trump

And believe me at Merck this is no affirmative action. That’s company is ruthless!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
To be a black CEO of Merck, this guy must be an exceptional person. Believe me, I worked at Merck, in Rahway, NJ, Whitehouse NJ, their headquarters, and that place is one of the hardest places to advance you’ll ever see.

Trump is not half the man this guy is who made it on his raw talent, not nepotism like Trump

And believe me at Merck this is no affirmative action. That’s company is ruthless!

No one has argued he is NOT exceptional. Find it funny you libs are out defending the CEO of a pharma company just because he slammed Trump. Any other time, you'd be saying Frazier is the devil incarnate. CEO... 1%er ... Greedy pharma companies... blah, blah, blah...

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I find Trump's outbursts refreshing instead of all the warmed over double speak from politicians.

I find them childish and inappropriate for the leader of the free world , this man has all of our futures in his hands and childish reactions when things don't go his way I find concerning.

Don't waste your breath. Trump supporters don't see the value of self possession; not in themselves at any rate, or those they deem "strong enough" to get away with whatever they want. To them, this is the natural order. Might makes right. They feel like society is repressing them and they should be free to say and do whatever they want, whenever they want to. Their collective wet dream is to be The Big Man like they see Trump, so that there are no societal holds on their behavior. Whatever you want, as long as you have enough money. Although, in the old days it was, whatever you want, as long as your capacity for violence is enough to intimidate everyone around you. Of course they think it's "refreshing", but yes, there is a certain three year old tantrum-ish aspect to the whole dynamic.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
"More time to work on reducing drug prices." Great response from the president, directly to America.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So here's yet another instance of Trump hiring 'the best and the brightest' and then throwing them under the bus as soon as they disagree with what he says or doesn't say. So I'll ask again, is Trump just an idiot that can't vet his own people to save his life or is he just nuts?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You mean

LOWER RIPOFF DRUG PRICES!

In block caps no less , yeah great response for a 10 year old but for a President of the United States not so much.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Merck pharmaceuticals chief Ken Frazier has resigned from President Trump's American Manufacturing Council following the violence seen in Charlottesville and his belief that the President didn't go far enough in condemning the violence at the white supremacist rally.

I wonder if Mr. Frazier will reconsider and come back to the committee now that Trump has issued a statement of condemnation of WS, Nazis and the KKK?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Pure virtue signaling. One person died and this cuck wants to politically grand stand.

Here is a question for Mr. Merck, "How many people have the drugs you manufacture murder?"!

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
To be honest we should, or I should say our government should, be
talking about drug prices and the monopoly that the pharmaceutical
companies have.

It would be a much more adult conversation than the one about how
snotty our president is being, don't you guys think?

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

No, he's not coming back. he's taking the president's advice to heart and will work hard to make drugs more affordable.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Another CEO leaves Trump

Under Armour CEO Quits Trump's Manufacturing Council

www.thedailybeast.com...

Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank has stepped down from President Donald Trump's American Manufacturing Council, following the CEO of a pharmaceutical company, who also resigned on Monday over Trump's response to white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. "Under Armour engages in innovation and sports, not politics," Plank said in a Monday night statement. "I am appreciative of the opportunity to have served, but have decided to step down from the council. I love our country and our company and will continue to focus my efforts on inspiring every person that they can do anything through the power of sport which promotes unity, diversity, and inclusion." Earlier this year, Plank called Trump an "asset to the country," a stance he partially walked back in a full-page newspaper ad.

edit on 14-8-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Merck has no high ground to speak from. Thy are a murderous company that has repeatedly put profits over lives.

they are the continuation of the third Reich along with the rest of big pharma and the big banks and big oil. All tools of the Rockefeller trust, you know the ones who funded, armed and created the nazi war machine.

The root and the fruit.

posted on Aug, 14 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Boo Trump, YAY Drug company!!! That will show that bastard President for his tweet...lol
edit on 14-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join