It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration in a nutshell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I will keep it simple, for all of you that think the immigrants are # and deserve the lives they have. How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot so to speak...

There are 5 and half billion people on this planet in sh1tsville.

So what will it take for the rest of us to wake up to this reality.....

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I will keep it simple,

kind of old, but thanks for posting
edit on Sun Aug 13 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Old ....dude thats new to me , if that's old to you please direct me towards something more I can get my teeth into.....

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Old ....dude thats new to me , if that's old to you please direct me towards something more I can get my teeth into.....

Sorry, just saying that the video is been around awhile.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well I hadn't seen it before either. People need to stop thinking emotionally about issues like immigration, good video.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Sorry, just saying that the video is been around awhile.

I guess that's it then.

The only reason things do not get better is because the people in the position to make things better just don't give a #.

I would offer you a smoke but a just gave up, I'm like on day 15 .....I will have a big spoon of oil (I made it myself its good)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Well I hadn't seen it before either. People need to stop thinking emotionally about issues like immigration, good video.

I'm having a real hard time picturing cute pants behind that bent neck.

Forget the narrative....every war, every battle has been about money, or should I say those that have it and those that do not.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Interesting how he begins with Africa. Ask yourself, how come Africa is so poor and yet so resource rich? Its the most resource rich continent on the planet.

The reason the west is so rich compared to Africa is they exploit africa for resources and keep the profits for themselves. Paying puppet dictators to oppress their peoples so that exploitation can continue thru colonialism. Ask yourself again why Libya was attacked destroyed. Because Qaddafi was gong to unify Africa, establish Africas own communication satellite, instill an African Bank and African Monetary Fund, even start trading in oil for Gold (instead of Petro Dollars).

Tilt, the IMF and World Bank sought his demise for these reasons, so that International megacorp could continue to exploit Africas Natural resources and keep Africans poorer than poor. The video in OP suggests it would make Us 'poorer' by accepting refugees from impoverished lands and they are right. In fact we made them poor...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I know several people that go on mission trips through their church's.
They build wells and schools, teach kids how to read, etc, etc, etc,
I also had a great aunt who is long dead, dedicate her life to mission work in Africa trying to educate the locals. That began in the 30''s I think.

I have always wondered if this was just a waste of time.
Year after year people are shown how to dig a well for fresh water,
Year after year it's the same countries being visited,
Why after so many attempts are they not digging their own damn well's?
Why are they not teaching each other how to read?

Humanities natural state is poverty, anything above that is a fricken miracle.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Interesting how he begins with Africa. Ask yourself, how come Africa is so poor and yet so resource rich? Its the most resource rich continent on the planet.

exploitation as obvious as you point it out to be.

The reason the west is so rich compared to Africa is they exploit africa for resources and keep the profits for themselves. Paying puppet dictators to oppress their peoples so that exploitation can continue thru colonialism. Ask yourself again why Libya was attacked destroyed. Because Qaddafi was gong to unify Africa, establish Africas own communication satellite, instill an African Bank and African Monetary Fund, even start trading in oil for GIt seems to be one of these old (instead of Petro Dollars).

It seems to be one of those awkward conversations nobody wants to have.

Tilt, the IMF and World Bank sought his demise for these reasons, so that International megacorp could continue to exploit Africas Natural resources and keep Africans poorer than poor. The video in OP suggests it would make Us 'poorer' by accepting refugees from impoverished lands and they are right. In fact we made them poor...

There is the elephant in the room and the reason why we have seen continuing mass migration from Africa to Europe over the last decade.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Really ..that's it ?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Really ..that's it ?

I have quoted heinlein before.

“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck.”

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

kind of old, but thanks for posting

Yah, old as Colonialism, or what they call it today-- "Regime Change".

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Heinlein wrote novels. The notion that everyone would be poorer if it wasn't for the rich people... lol.

The real history of the world is the history of Empires and empire building. See the Empire State Building in New York and a certain aircraft carrier named The Enterprise.

The rich elite of the world would have everyone indentured and indebted to them.

"Bad Luck", indeed.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Really ..that's it ?

“Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

Sounds like it was written by men so stuck so far up their own asses they had no clue in which direction they were headed.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

He was saying that people by nature struggle to live day to day.
Anyone that achieves more than a daily struggle is then chastised.

The bad luck he speaks of is caused by the people that resent anyone with more.

Human nature doesn't change.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Anyone that achieves more than a daily struggle is then chastised.

The bad luck he speaks of is caused by the people that resent anyone with more.

Human nature doesn't change.

That guy sux...just sayin

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

edit on 13-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: cheese

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

That what people like him want you to believe.

People struggling for themselves is far preferable than struggling for others.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Really ..that's it ?

Heinlein also believed in a bunch of other funky stuff. And wrote some really really bad sci-fi novels.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join