It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just realized something obvious

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
You know. Most people in hospitals are there because of cold and flu symptoms that migrate to infections. So now hospitals are flooded with this crap because one simple thing.

I can go to walmart and buy enough sleeping pills to kill me or put me in coma yet I can't get simple antibiotics or amaxi. Need doctors prescription. It's ridiculous. Don't say allergies either. Peanuts kill and they are sold everywhere.

Remember misuse of antibiotics is very dangerous. It not only can make you more susceptible to infection. But it also can lead to the evolution of more antibiotic resistant bacteria that can endanger all of us.

This misuse is already a problem. And prescriptions are required. I cannot even imagine how bad it might get if such prescriptions weren't required.
edit on 12-8-2017 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Moresby

thanks.

Didn't really think of it that way. That would be very bad.

Still though. Hospitals are flooded with stupid and makes those that need it wait or come to late. Because little Betsy had the sniffles and needs to be seen by a doctor...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
They also pay a much smaller amount toward Social Security. The Walton family (Walmart-Sams Club) have more income than the total of the lowest paid 50%. If they paid SS on all of that think how much more would be available for medical. For some reason the cap on SS contributions seems to go unnoticed.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Some of the sniffles problem is caused by the school system combined with medical policies. If your child misses more than a set number of days of school the parent gets a truancy fine. OK kids need to be in school. However the child also needs a doctors excuse to miss school. The pediatrician has no openings. If the parent takes the child to Urgent Care the pediatrician will then write a note (fax) for the extended time off because the kid has been seen by a Doc. So yes, Urgent Care for the flu or cold. This still occurs when the school sends the kid home sick. Kid can't return for a minimum of 24 hours after no fever or vomiting. Mom says little Betsey really doesn't need to see doctor but rules are rules!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Again, what is rich? How much does someone need to make? 150,000.....250,000.....500,000 a year? Where is your arbitrary cutoff and why do you get to choose who pays more and who doesn't? Why not simply tax all non perishable new goods at a certain amount and get rid of all other taxes completely? No corporate, no income. That eliminates the loopholes and the single person penalty; and people who only deal in cash (under the table) will have to pay the tax on the goods that they pay in cash. If you are afraid of hurting those that are poor, then give every one a prebate for the taxes that would be spent by a person/family in a month based on 150% of poverty level. Yes the "rich" get the prebate, but I guarantee you that they will spend far more on things that are taxed. Plus, a enterprising individual could buy only used and keep the prebate without actually having to pay taxes.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The problem is that people are willing to spend a lot of money to try to cure or keep alive sick people, and there are a very large number of people -- doctors, lawyers, insurance companies, medical provider corporations and research companies, investors in those companies, etc. -- who want to get as much of that money as possible.

Try to figure out a way to convince these people to take less money.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I hear you loud and clear

<< 1   >>

join