It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last Jedi Thread. Dark Luke and Midichlorian Rey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Looking forward to this! Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

I really hope they do an adult only vader flick like Logan and turn that 5 minutes of murkage from Rogue One into a whole friggin movie.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Snoke is Mace Windu..
The neutral colored lightsaber whom witnessed the rise and fall of the Empire.

Edit: hence why Windu was willing to just kill palpatine rather than stand trial per jedi order.

Well, at least it's original.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Still waiting to see where Darth Plagueis the wise comes into play.😉

Edit: thought for a while that Snoke was a resurrected Plagueis .
edit on 9-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: Re re edit per AM and i love Cheesy tacos

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Do you mean Darth Plagueis? Palpatine's alleged master?

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's IT!!!

See edit above AM..
edit on 9-8-2017 by Bigburgh because: See edit..

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If you are following the current cannon closely its becoming more and more obvious that they are creating their own story.

So I don't think Ray is a Skywalker a Kanobi or a Palpatine rather she just is, I believe she what Harry Potter was to Volermort for Snooke.

On the topic of Snooke I would love him to have been Pleugeis but the more I read of the new cannon the more I am convinced that he is a powerful being from the unknown regions that Palpatine knew about, I guess it could be possible that both could be true. I also think that its going to be Thron who found Snoke, I think he could play a big part of it.
edit on 9-8-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I think Rey is definitely Luke's daughter, someone is supposed to bring balance to the force... how can it not be a Skywalker? Maybe Luke tried to live a normal life and be the head of a new Jedi Order, failed miserably and that's why he's in self exile and insisting the Jedi end.

I think Ben Solo will continue struggling with the light side and maybe turn at the end of this movie, I only hope they make him less emo in this one. He should be a snarky bad ass like his parents, not whiny and whoa is me... though to be fair his role model is Anakin who was just as emo til he became Vader.

I hope Leia goes out in a blaze of glory on the Millennium Falcon

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I would love that but I don't think its going to happen.

They said she had filmed all of her scenes and it has also been reported that since her death they hare having to rewrite huge parts of the next instalment in the saga, I think she survives the next movie.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

They said she had filmed all of her scenes and it has also been reported that since her death they hare having to rewrite huge parts of the next instalment in the saga, I think she survives the next movie.

Well not that I'm for it.. but really anything is possible there.. we can always get another plastic looking cgi tour through the uncanny valley..

Sigh..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

Well not that I'm for it.. but really anything is possible there.. we can always get another plastic looking cgi tour through the uncanny valley..

Sigh..

Respectfully,
~meathead

Its a difficult one but Kathleen Kennedy has already said they would not do that and they would not recast her either.

the difficulty is that if they say they are going to recast or use CGI then they are saying that she will definitely survive the next episode which depending on the plot could be a massive spoiler.

I don't think we will really know what they plan on doing until the next movie because they cannot make any statements that will confirm or deny that Leia survives the next movie.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

She's the daughter of Gandalf, is half Vulcan and belongs to The House of Slytherin.

I just like going for the popcorn and Junior Mints.

edit on 9-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I just like going for the popcorn and Junior Mints.

Those weren't Junior Mints....they were urinal mints.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I think Rey is definitely Luke's daughter, someone is supposed to bring balance to the force...

I tend to agree with this, it' about the Skywalker family and we saw in her flashback that her family dumped her on Jakku and that Anakin's lightsaber called to her.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I think Rey is definitely Luke's daughter, someone is supposed to bring balance to the force... how can it not be a Skywalker? Maybe Luke tried to live a normal life and be the head of a new Jedi Order, failed miserably and that's why he's in self exile and insisting the Jedi end.

I think Ben Solo will continue struggling with the light side and maybe turn at the end of this movie, I only hope they make him less emo in this one. He should be a snarky bad ass like his parents, not whiny and whoa is me... though to be fair his role model is Anakin who was just as emo til he became Vader.

Han and chewie seemed like they had at the very least a fast affinity for Rey..

Could the story be repeating itself in a way?

Could it not be Han and leiah had twins, and Ben was way more force sensitive possibly destructively so.. as a baby, so they sent him to train with Luke at his new Jedi school.. And things went wrong there.?

And possibly could it be that when Han and leiah found out that something horrible happened they placed Rey as a child on tatooine with the falcon and a beacon?..

Could it be that is why Han asked her to stay on but never said anything directly it was for fear Ben would find out it's his sister..?

Is it possible I have had one to many beers and have no clue what I'm talking about?

I say yes to all of the above..yes it is possible..yes it could be...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

Sigh..

Respectfully,
~meathead

While Leia looked plastic and almost too perfect, I thought they did an amazing job with Tarkin in Rogue One.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Unless someone wiped minds... when Han heard Rey was from Jakku, he probably would have connected some dots and especially at Maz's with the whole light saber thing. Leia just would have known, her strongest connection to the force is always to do with family.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think Rey is definitely Luke's daughter, someone is supposed to bring balance to the force...

I tend to agree with this, it' about the Skywalker family and we saw in her flashback that her family dumped her on Jakku and that Anakin's lightsaber called to her.

I really don't think she is a skywalker, I think they want to tell a different story, I think they want to move away from the skywalker stuff. I honestly don't think her parents matter, she might just be some kid that was found on Luke's doorstep.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Mike Stivic

Unless someone wiped minds... when Han heard Rey was from Jakku, he probably would have connected some dots and especially at Maz's with the whole light saber thing. Leia just would have known, her strongest connection to the force is always to do with family.

I'm saying Han and leia both know and to protect her they didn't say anything directly while still trying to protect her/keep her around.

The Skywalker family line includes leia and her offspring.so Rey would be sensitive to the lightsabre
And the emotional imprints attached. Maz recognized she's a Skywalker and she should have the family sabre..

I'm not saying I'm right,just theorizing.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I really don't think she is a skywalker, I think they want to tell a different story, I think they want to move away from the skywalker stuff. I honestly don't think her parents matter, she might just be some kid that was found on Luke's doorstep.

Kathleen Kennedy said it was about the Skywalker family which is identical to what Lucas and Kasdan have said several times previously.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

"Grey Jedi" were the original order. There was balance in the force before the light and dark were made separate.

I am Je' daii. They sought balance with ashla and bogan. Light and dark sides of the force.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no fear, there is power.
I am the heart of the Force.
I am the revealing fire of light.
I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony,
Immortal in the Force.

edit on 8 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join