It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Come On All of You Big Strong Men

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

If we can't get rid of the lunatic covertly, then it's probably best to let him TRY to attack some country first. Hopefully, we can prevent a great loss of life, but he needs to attack first, IMO. Then, the North Korea allies can't say that we're war mongering bastards. That's what John McCain and CNN want us to be. If they want it, don't do it.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If we can't get rid of the lunatic covertly, then it's probably best to let him TRY to attack some country first. Hopefully, we can prevent a great loss of life, but he needs to attack first, IMO. Then, the North Korea allies can't say that we're war mongering bastards. That's what John McCain and CNN want us to be. If they want it, don't do it.

That is an option but that is the least humane option for our ally S Korea. They will feel the full assault of all of the North's artillery because Kim knows the minute he actually targets and hits something he is going to lose it all. There is no scenario where Kim just fires a little bit at something, he will launch everything he has or nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You have to be registered...... Or was it a dumb question to get people angry? In fact I couldn't have my job without being registered in the SS
edit on 6-8-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Except it wouldn't make sense to attack them. If we did we'd have to demolish them which would be a strain on South Korea, Japan, and China.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I was too young to really "get" Woodstock.

And I was dealing with the recent death of my father as well. You might say I was kind of sheltered from the "real" world back then.

My path was good grades in school and then to college (there was even some, brief, talk about the priesthood!).

The draft ended the before I turned 18, and mandatory registration didn't start until after I was too old.

I regret not being a part of the anti-war movement back then, but I resist war, now, every chance I get.

It's strange, I grew up with the threat of nuclear anihilation at the hands of "Red China" and the Soviet Union", which were (and remain) much larger threats than North Korea will ever become.

And yet, NK is now, somehow, an insurmountable threat to the continued existence to baseball, apple pie, and motherhood, if some these boards are to be believed.

It is as if the mighty big game hunter, armed to the teeth and loaded for bear, is afraid to enter the woods because of a single noisy squirrel.

How the mighty have fallen.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

That is an interesting viewpoint. It contains a lot of logic, the kind I, myself really can't dispute. Let's hope that this potential future disaster is minimized to the fullest extent.

The OP however, isn't interested in that, nor do they want to give any input whatsoever regarding NK, and how it should be handled.

Instead, They intend to make this solely about a hypothetical draft, which may or may not occur, without giving any input at all unless it's about a hypothetical draft that hasn't even taken place yet.

Sad. Especially from such an admired and respected member.
edit on 6-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Seems someone had abit too much drinky.
🍷

Not that there is anything wrong with that.
edit on 6-8-2017 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Seems someone had abit too much drinky.
🍷

YARP. I must agree here. And it's ok, even if you are right. We have all been there. Many times. Lol.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
China is IMHO best off if they smoke NK before anyone else can and then give whats left to a SK independant of USA connections building a safer bufferzone between them and everyone else.Chinas gift to the world and to itself.Not gonna happen but it would settle things down.A strong united Korea makes the globe safer for everyone.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

No doubt.

I fixed it too.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Peeple

But...but...
ICBMs ...
and stuff.

Don't worry.

I'd like to see Kim Jong's head replacing that of the World War II enemy leader that the Three Stooges slapped and kicked into submission.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

The Phage was talking about a draft? I thought he was asking if we had REGISTERED to vote.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

The only recruiters that called me were the Marines. . .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Phage...you know.

And if you didn't, now you do.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

What, did you confess your love or something to this person? "Now you doooOoo.."
edit on 6-8-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Yep registered for selective service in 98' and if the call me well, doubt they will have a ground troop but I sure can work on the electronics and fly a drone, crunch math with some eggheads ect.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Circles of nothing.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

CIA has received hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars for decades. If they have not yet developed a way to get Kim Jong in a manner that makes it look like he died of an accident, random murder, or natural causes..I'd be terribly disappointed.

Exploding cigars...No-one would suspect a thing.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I'm registered...'course I'm 53 now, so probably not going to get drafted should they ever be so stupid as to reinstate it.

If they are that stupid, and even more stupidly decide I'm what they need? Y'know, I'm just dumb enough to go. Like I'm going to face my family in the hereafter, and answer for not doing so? Seven or eight generations of my family have served in varying capacities in this countries military, even before it was it's own country...damned if I'd be found wanting--well I was when I tried volunteering, which I find amusing most times, since some of the folks who got in aren't exactly sterling examples.

posted on Aug, 6 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yep know how you feel, scored very high on the ASVAB but was 20lbs overweight and they would not tape me out for my height due to not really needing people at the time. Sucks could of went into the nuclear program with the navy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join