It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California seceding a reality ? Your thoughts ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just thought of a bit of irony.

Calexiters, in their abundance of wisdom, wish to separate from the US and gain total control of their state and government.

If they do this, and their policies and government bodies become in some way "dangerous" to the united states, the US would actually exert more control(covertly) on the state in much the way the US does around the world.

Exiting may actually cause the US to exert much more effort/control on the small fledgling third world nation.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

what desalination technology do you propose to use ?

and the killer question - what is the energy required / ton of potable water produced ?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
With the popularity with sanctuary cities and the likely influx of Mexican nationals as immigrants the transit system would grind from bumper to bumper into a virtual parking lot.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Good point! We can't vote out people like Mad Maxine and Pelosi, but we could potentially "regime change" them ...

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

you may want to run your fantasy of " shutting off thier water " past the civilised world

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
California - The "real" new mexico. Or new new mexico, whatever.

Repeal the second, and the first, spanish would be the official language, red ink would run from all the government handout and assistance. Full healthcare for anyone, no cost. I imagine any US based hospital would close up shop immediately, save for maybe one or two that would go state owned.

Actually, the vacuum from the changeover alone could actually plummet california into a federal emergency state(granted they wouldn't have any federal help though).

Frankly, anyone that entertains this as not only being a possibility, but one that would work from an economic standpoint, is an absolute fool.
edit on 2-8-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Seeing how most of their water comes from outside Libtardia....they better build one hell of a desalination plant. Cause he who controls the water controls it all. Please take Oregon & Washington state with you in your quest to become a new nation. We'll call it " Left Coast Libtardia......Their new motto.....Land of the Liberal Mindset & The highest cost of living in the world" Please Bring your own water.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22518209]ketsuko[/post

The U.S. would be more than happy to keep its military here. Again you don't see China invading Canada.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Haha. I am glad I live here. I am not going to name call, no need to.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
A couple points come to mind.. Earthquakes, fault lines and San Onofre nuclear power plant. Additionally the Japanese current and Fukashima radiation spreading along the Pacific coastline. The lack of funds for Supersite cleanups. And simply, housing for the certain influx of new immigrants.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: ketsuko

you may want to run your fantasy of " shutting off thier water " past the civilised world

Who said anything about shutting off their water?

I am talking about water rights on the river system. For example, the Colorado River. Things get thorny enough when there isn't a foreign country that used to be a part of the nation in the negotiating mix.

Again, this is one of those things Calexit people would have to consider.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: [post=22518209]ketsuko[/post

The U.S. would be more than happy to keep its military here. Again you don't see China invading Canada.

For free? After you kicked us out?

I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

California isn't going anywhere. Last time a state tried to secede, there was this whole civil war type thing.

Thats not happening.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

California isn't going anywhere. Last time a state tried to secede, there was this whole civil war type thing.

Thats not happening.

But if there was a cival war, and california won, then they could secede.

Say what you will, but a row of 20,000 california troops, kneeling on the ground at full autistic scream could actually bring the whole nation to it's knees.

Hell, if they hit the right frequency they may actually fracture the earths core.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As a Northern Californian I believe that there is a far greater chance of California splitting into North and South, or the realization of the state of Jefferson. There are mostly red counties in the north. Any movement towards California leaving the US would accelerate the split.

If it were to happen, the 55 electoral votes that always go left will be broken up into left and right votes.

Plus, the USA would get to keep Lake Tahoe, Mt. Shasta, the redwoods, etc. The south can have their desert.

link   

Okay lol, I get it.

You can't get two Californians to agree on anything. Its become too "Multi Cultural" for that.

link   

Ha ha ha..... we have a winner....

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats not happening.

Basically, looking it up. It looks like Californians are simply unwilling to accept the laws of the nation. If that's how far it goes, then why wouldn't they try to secede? What do they care for the law?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

Plus, the USA would get to keep Lake Tahoe, Mt. Shasta, the redwoods, etc. The south can have their desert.

.... and their wildfires.
.... and their floods/landslides every ten years with the el Nino cycle.

So, no Federal rebuilding funds after the 'Big One' hits... right?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I suppose it's kind of like Tibet and China in a way, neither accommodating the other except by force.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join