It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
More oil thrown onto the (dumpster) fire :
multiple, anonymous sources claim that Trump Senior personally drafted
Trump the Younger's press release a few weeks ago.

This despite Team Jarvanka saying that it would be better to be honest as the truth would come out anyway

On the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Germany last month, President Trump’s advisers discussed how to respond to a new revelation that Trump’s oldest son had met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign — a disclosure the advisers knew carried political and potentially legal peril.

The strategy, the advisers agreed, should be for Donald Trump Jr. to release a statement to get ahead of the story.

They wanted to be truthful, so their account couldn’t be repudiated later if the full details emerged.
But within hours, at the president’s direction, the plan changed.

Source

edit on Tue Aug 1 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Hasn't this been posted to ATS already today? It was labeled as FAKE NEWS due to the "multiple anonymous sources" B.S. making its return to some tabloid publication.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
More oil thrown onto the (dumpster) fire :
multiple, anonymous sources claim that Trump Senior personally drafted
Trump the Younger's press release a few weeks ago.

This despite Team Jarvanka saying that it would be better to be honest as the truth would come out anyway

On the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Germany last month, President Trump’s advisers discussed how to respond to a new revelation that Trump’s oldest son had met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign — a disclosure the advisers knew carried political and potentially legal peril.

The strategy, the advisers agreed, should be for Donald Trump Jr. to release a statement to get ahead of the story.

They wanted to be truthful, so their account couldn’t be repudiated later if the full details emerged.
But within hours, at the president’s direction, the plan changed.

Flying home from Germany on July 8 aboard Air Force One, Trump personally dictated a statement in which Trump Jr. said that he and the Russian lawyer had “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children” when they met in June 2016, according to multiple people with knowledge of the deliberations.

The statement, issued to the New York Times as it prepared an article, emphasized that the subject of the meeting was “not a campaign issue at the time.

The extent of the president’s personal intervention in his son’s response, the details of which have not previously been reported, adds to a series of actions that Trump has taken that some advisers fear could place him and some members of his inner circle in legal jeopardy.

As special counsel Robert S. Mueller III looks into potential obstruction of justice as part of his broader investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election, these advisers worry that the president’s direct involvement leaves him needlessly vulnerable to allegations of a coverup.

“This was . . . unnecessary,” said one of the president’s advisers, who like most other people interviewed for this article spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal deliberations.

“Now someone can claim he’s the one who attempted to mislead.
Somebody can argue the president is saying he doesn’t want you to say the whole truth.”

Source

Given the utter chaos and dysfunction that seems to be eating the Trump Presidency alive, this doesn't surprise me in the least. The man's an idiot.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If it was fake news, then i'm sure that it wouldn't have been picked up by other news sites...

A quick google search reveals that a part from the usual 'tainted' (to Trumpeteer, misguided eyes) sources such as Wapo, Cnn and even The Guardian, Slate and Daily Beast are calling it too !

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

If the words "allegedly" and "supposedly" were inserted into the appropriate places, that news article would be 30% longer. Amateur hour for sure.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Every fake news article that places anything related to Donald Trump is "picked up" and regurgitated ad nauseam. We've all seen it many times this year.

TIP: The more CNN talks about it, the more unlikely it is to be true, or serious.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
i'm not at all surprised... he's obviously chin deep in all of this

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Make that one order of evidence and a side of corroboration to go, please.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

evidence of what?
corroboration of what?

that trump didnt listen to his advisors?
that is hardly breaking news

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

evidence of what?
corroboration of what?

I'm going to assume you didn't read the thread or title and just sort of fell into the thread and spoke to me...by accident.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

no i read the thread
i also watched an interview with the gentleman that wrote the story

i ask again evidence of what?
and corroboration of what?

the gentleman in the interview pointed out multiple times no crime was committed
so what do you know that he does not?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

evidence of what?
corroboration of what?

I'm going to assume you didn't read the thread or title and just sort of fell into the thread and spoke to me...by accident.

Yes I defantly think he stumbled in possibly drunk. Because he can't follow a conversation at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

you have evidence to provide as well?
please by all means enlighten me

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If President Trump told his son to say that it was an adoption lawyer meeting, and not a meeting to get dirt on Hillary, what law was broken? If the answer is "None", then this is just another incidence of Trump being Trump. Sometimes he slips and acts like a politician. Americans are used to them.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
OMG...

I am sooooo surprised!

I can't believe it!

Oh the horror!

Not.

At this point Trump could begin miraculously healing blind people and feeding the poor with a single loaf of bread and this kind of insanity would continue.
edit on 1-8-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

evidence of what?
corroboration of what?

This is the second thread on this subject today..hence the low interest.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

you have evidence to provide as well?
please by all means enlighten me

You need to reread what he wrote he made a joke. But this flew over your head obviously since you dont realize he's on your side lol.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

the poster didnt read the article chosen to yap on
the author wrote in the story there was no crime
but omg trump didnt listen to his advisors

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

the poster didnt read the article chosen to yap on
the author wrote in the story there was no crime
but omg trump didnt listen to his advisors

I was asking for evidence that the story was true, are you being snarky, drunk or just stupid?

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

jokes are always noted by the meh face....

guess you are the joke police eh?
well with crap jokes they need one

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join