It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fear a clash of cultures coming regarding marijuana AKA canabis

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Any narcotic is strictly forbidden in Islam. And that includes this drug. If America is to have more Muslims in in the future. I do fear. There could be significant conflict on the horizon if America does go ahead with legalization of this drug.

Answer: It is haram [religiously forbidden] to use narcotics in any way because it results in considerable adverse effects in terms of personal health and social cost. By the same token, it is haram to deal in narcotics in any way, i.e., carrying, transporting, storing, selling, buying, etc.

Therefore, Muslim youth must should strive to be weed-free and to “just say no.”

themuslimvibe.com...
edit on 24-7-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

I think you're just paranoid, man.

You know, from all the stuff.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Newsflash sunshine . Islam is incompatable with civilization period .

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
And alcohol won't be a problem?

If they don't want any, they don't have to have any.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Alcohol. Cigarettes. Any narcotic. Any. Is religiously forbidden in Islam.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Marijuana is not forbidden in Islam. Neither is opium.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yeah it is. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Have the nonsensical wars of the World, done in the name of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam..since their inception, not enough despair for you already?

As well, MJ is not a narcotic. Uncle Sam calling it such does not make it so.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Alcohol. Cigarettes. Any narcotic. Any. Is religiously forbidden in Islam.

Is willpower forbidden as well? Nobody is being held at gunpoint and forced to smoke a blunt.
Just say no.

Non-issue.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Anything that has a neurochemical effect on the brain is a narotic. Even coca cola is.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Maybe maybe not. Maybe they come here and adapt. I know many muslims from turkey and nearby countries who drink smoke and smoke. On a related note I know christians who lie cheat and steal; sometimes even they eat red meat on Lenten fridays. But you'd find maybe at most 30% of the religious community fundamental. Even then... so what if they don't smoke? What are they going to change the law here and make it illegal? Oh wait it still is...

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No that is not what the definition of a Narcotic is. By your logic, pure Oxygen would be as well a Narcotic.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
drugs are bad, beheading is goood

/islam

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Yeah it is. en.wikipedia.org...

Countries in the middle east may choose to criminalize it, but it's not for religious purposes. They see what we do over here with our corrupt DEA and our Pharma lobby and decide they want to extort as much leverage from the substance as possible, as a means of control.

However, both Marijuana & Opium, at least to my knowledge, are not forbidden in the Quran.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If this is so, let's hope the Muslims decide to go to Mexico.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

How is that different than how they already view alcohol?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

If this is so, let's hope the Muslims decide to go to Mexico.

That's too close to home.

Send them to Brazil!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
MJ is fine just the way it is, illegal. There is no problem acquiring it, never has been. I suppose that's a bit of the charm. It's the great pacifier.... stoned and stupid, a choice. Islam..... will not influence me.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Except nobody hast to partake in any use of MJ. Just like Drinking which Muslims are also not supposed to use. So it's no different.

Just because it's legal doesn't mean you have to do it. No more than you must drink alcohol if you don't want to.

Your argument is just false.

Alcohol is legal and you aren't freaking out about that. So there's no reason to freak out about MJ either.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Out of all the inconsistencies Islam has with modern American culture you foresee clashes because of this? lmao.

The much more sensible clash to come is that between Americans who can recognize utter bullcrap and enjoy freedoms in regards to their own bodies and Americans who bought into all the 'reefer madness' bull# from decades past directly or through their parents.

Either way, said clash is already underway the sensible side is slowly but surely winning this war.
edit on 24-7-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join