It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm learning Pyrography...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
My first real wood burning pic. This is my second attempt at it really. Still trying to get used to the pen as well as the tips. Probably do at least one more before I try anything more complex.

Thanks to everyone for the tips and support. Hopefully you'll see some progression as I continue to practice!

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Dead good! Really nicely defined and proportioned.. the figures and shadows are excellent

posted on Jul, 26 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Dead good! Really nicely defined and proportioned.. the figures and shadows are excellent

Thanks! That's very nice of you to say. There are a lot of mistakes you probably can't see in that size of pic. After some thought, I think I'm going to end up planing that piece down again and redoing it. Watched a few videos and I want to try those techniques out. Also, I'm going to increase the size of the picture to use the full board. I'm having trouble with filling in the shadows and making smooth lines. But I think (hopefully) I'll have a cleaner piece this next time through.

I did learn quite a bit while doing these practice pieces though. And they were fun to work on. It is quite therapeutic as well.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 27 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

OMG blend you did an amazing job on that!!!!!! And you say you are just a beginner? Ok, you need to a dragon soon. I think you're ready.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

OMG blend you did an amazing job on that!!!!!! And you say you are just a beginner? Ok, you need to a dragon soon. I think you're ready.

So..I did it. I did a dragon for ya. Best I could do..sorry if it sucks!

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Wow! Love it!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Night Star

Glad it's ok for you. Could've been a bit better, but it was only my second shot as doing a pic. I planed it down so I could do a different piece. Right now I am working on depth and shadows. Trying to do a whole scene and not just the main image itself. We will see if I can figure it out or not.

But I'm going to invest in a better quality wood burning pen. This one is good to learn on, but it's nibs/tips are not well designed and when you should be able to do one thing, you get a totally different result. As well as, the temp fluctuates so you have times where the wood burns uneven.

Gonna go look at finding an upgraded version of a pen right now...

Thanks for taking an interest!
blend57

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Looking forward to future creative endeavors blend! The better tools will surely give you amazing results!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So, I've done a few more Pics. A couple welcome signs, a turtle, the hearts for my nephews wedding cake stand. All of these I did for family and friends so, mostly practice items.

My newest Welcome sign for my nephew...

Made this one for my niece..

My first shot at a welcome sign for the cabin..

Practicing making water/waves mostly...

I don't know why they wanted Anchors..but that's what they asked for so...

Just thought I'd update this thread. Still need practice with shading even though the new wood burning pen with temperature control has helped a lot. Though, I'm not quite up to doing anything close to the pics I posted in the OP.

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 26-9-2017 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

You are way to hard on yourself ..you could sell those on etsy! Very well done I love the welcome sign .

I have made a few signs for my garden

"Free weeds ...
Pick your own!"

Life's a garden dig it!

But nothing like the quality you are producing.
Please keep sharing with us.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I've been told I should sell them before...but I'm really more into giving them away. It's a hobby and much more fun for me to give them to someone and get a genuine smile/thank you in return.

Thanks for the kind words... much appreciated!

blend57

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A couple more projects I did this week with pyrography. The first is a birdhouse I made and then just burned the exterior. Left it natural, kind of liked it that way.

This next one is my first shot at doing faces. I picked an alien just because, well, I dunno why..lmao.

Going to try to do some more bird houses this week when I get some time. Maybe try my hand at a real face as well.

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 30-9-2017 by blend57 because: Always an edit!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Wow,

That bird house is amazing!

And the alien is awesome, nice work on the shadowing!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Wow, blend, loving these!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic, Night Star

Thanks you guys. It is nice of you to say That!!! Hopefully I'll progress and soon be able to do more intricate/high quality work.

The birdhouse is my favorite, just like how it looks when it is hanging under a tree. I might make a few more of those. That was my first time making one so it didn't turn out too bad if you take that into consideration.

Thanks again!!
blend57

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Looking forward to seeing more of your work Hun! I saw a couple of dragon ones on facebook today. Keep up the good work!

I loved the bird house too! I love how you tied the green moss on top! So cute and natural.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
I agree and I wonder why blend has not been commissioned to install all of the pixie homes and hummingbird nests in the new shed...

You needed to get on that!

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Haven't been doing much pyrography these last couple weeks..but I did manage to do this one:

Still need to work on shading, but it didn't turn out too bad. That was done on a non-sanded board. Which you are not supposed to do. Lesson learned I guess...lol

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic
a reply to: Night Star
I agree and I wonder why blend has not been commissioned to install all of the pixie homes and hummingbird nests in the new shed...

You needed to get on that!

Respectfully,
~meathead

Gah! Now why didn't I think of that? You're absolutely right!

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
Haven't been doing much pyrography these last couple weeks..but I did manage to do this one:

Still need to work on shading, but it didn't turn out too bad. That was done on a non-sanded board. Which you are not supposed to do. Lesson learned I guess...lol

Thanks,
blend57

Oh...My...God! Blend, that is amazing!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join