It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump campaign paid $50,000 to Trump Jr's lawyer before emails released

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Source

Donald Trump’s campaign committee paid $50,000 to the firm of a lawyer representing Donald Trump Jr 13 days before emails relating to alleged links to Russia were publicly released.

A campaign finance report filed to the Federal Election Commission on Saturday said the committee made the payment to Alan Futerfas’s law firm on 27 June.

The revelation of the payment suggests that although Trump did not know about his son’s meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya in June 2016 until recently, his campaign committee knew before the president did.

Futerfas, a veteran New York criminal defence attorney best known for defending clients involved with mafia crime families, is Donald Trump Jr’s attorney in the Russia investigations.

The Trump campaign committee’s finance filing also shows it paid $89,000 to the Trump Corporation, which is led by Donald Trump Jr and his brother Eric, for “legal consulting”.

It was announced on Saturday that Trump had hired Washington attorney Ty Cobb to serve as his special counsel to handle the White House’s response to the Russia investigations.

The move seemingly reflects the president’s growing acceptance that the investigations will linger over his tenure for months or even years.

Okay, Okay, Okay ... deep breath Trumpeteers before diving in with the usual inane, salivating drivel
It's not about Clinton nor about Obama
Got that ?

As well as shelling out 50k to a law firm, best known for aiding mafia type people
(which indicates that Trump's campaign people knew that shady shenanigans were afoot)
They also paid another 89k to Trump Corp (might as well say Trump himself) for legal consulting !!!!

Fishy musical chairs with money in Trumpland...
edit on 16/7/17 by Damiel because: Fixing quotes

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Money is going to be his downfall.
Dollars or Rubles
Or both.

Saw a clip from the Phil Donohue show from thirty years ago where trump was talking about his book amongst other things and he was very pro Russia even back then.

He jacked up the number of sales on his book too and Phil called him on it.
He was exactly the same as he is now.
Boastful lying self aggrandizing.

This game of Bullsnip is never ending.
edit on 7162017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I guess the RNC is ok with shelling out the cash? Are they going to continue paying their legal fees? Because that will bankrupt them in short order.
During Watergate some lawyers got new addresses when so much cash was flowing in. The DC lawyers all got rich. Some got boats, New cars.
Trump don't know from legal fees yet til he's had to pay a DC lawyer.
I hope he's not planning on shafting them. That would be a big mistake.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The New York Times reported in 1977 that $100,000,000.00 had been paid in legal fees for the Watergate investigation.

www.nytimes.com...

$100,000,000.00 in 1977 had the same buying power as $414,831,615.12 in 2017

Annual inflation over this period was about 3.62%

www.dollartimes.com...

What it would cost today

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
so Trump paid his lawyers?
edit on 16-7-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Im surprised they didn't have a lawyer on retainer from the moment he announced he was running for president.

But your right he should be handling all this by himself. He is the president after all. He should have enough wherewithal to both rub the country and deal with all the legal issues on the cases against him.

Edit:

Oh darn; looks like Trump isn't the only president who pays for legal services. What is this world coming to ... Whats wrong with these people?

www.google.com...
edit on 16-7-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

No the RNC did.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

No the RNC did.

Quoting from the OP, it was "Donald Trump’s campaign committee" that made the payment. I believe that's different than the RNC. This all seems a bit strange.

Why is the campaign committee even still operating? The campaign is long over.

Do we know why the payment was made? What links it to the email release?

My dog sneezed 5 days before the emails were released - is that just a coincidence?

edit on 7-16-2017 by LogicalGraphitti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Having comprehension trouble are we ?
Team Trump gave 50k to a law firm, best known for aiding mafia type people
Aand 89k to Trump Corp for legal consulting

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Uhhh Trump team hired good lawyers.

The mafia also hires good lawyers.

Big surprise.

Also can you prove that?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

You just make stuff up dont you. TY COBB was a criminal prosecutor he put mafia people in jail.his expertise is congressiona law sounds like the person he needs.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

is it a sickness, or just an annoying quirk? One post, One thought. Like a word sniper. Try it and see if you can work inside those restraints. Then you can put all your bad ideas into on spot.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Im surprised they didn't have a lawyer on retainer from the moment he announced he was running for president.

But your right he should be handling all this by himself. He is the president after all. He should have enough wherewithal to both rub the country and deal with all the legal issues on the cases against him.

Edit:

Oh darn; looks like Trump isn't the only president who pays for legal services. What is this world coming to ... Whats wrong with these people?

www.google.com...

Nope quite normal to retain a lawyer in politics. Especially when dealing with campaign finance laws. Or in thus case an investigator. Don't think lynch and others havnt hired attys they have. When you have someone who is trying to make a case you send everything by your lawyer.

edit on 7/16/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't know what's the problem. I don't care about Trump's lawyer, Russians or weird hand shakes.

All I see is how the country is getting better after 8 years of disaster. This economy boost is killing me, working 11 hours a day mon to sat.

With Obama, I was working 40 to to 45 hours a week and many times I had to use my vacation days to complete a week.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

5-2-2016

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
OMG - shocker... the Trump campaign paid their bill to a lawyer to give advice... Treason!

These attacks are becoming more and more surreal. Keep it up liberals

edit on 16/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
did the lawyers take this money before or after the trump foundation stole cancer kids money?

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: growler

It was definitely after the Clinton's plundered Haiti.

originally posted by: toysforadults
so Trump paid his lawyers?

TREASON!

edit on 16-7-2017 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
OMG - shocker... the Trump campaign paid their bill to a lawyer to give advice... Treason!

These attacks are becoming more and more surreal. Keep it up liberals

The Democrats probably lost 100 more votes from this post alone.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Not really... The left are the ones who keep claiming these people worked for the Trump campaign at the time. Why shouldn't the campaign pay for it?

ETA - Yeah Sillyolme is once again wrong. Its not the RNC.

What is it with the left and their inability to tell the truth?
edit on 16-7-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join