It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The South African State Capture : A true conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Following up:

ESKOM DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (South Africa, 15 Dec 1998- , MEGAWAT PARK MAXWELL DRIVE SUNNINGHILL 2146)
Poland flag ESKOM E. I S. NIKLEWICZ SPÓŁKA JAWNA (Poland, 19 Jan 2007- )
South Africa flag ESKOM ENTERPRISES (South Africa, 9 Feb 1999- , MEGAWATT PARK MAXWELL DRIVE SUNNINGHILL 2196)
Uganda flag branch ESKOM ENTERPRISES (PTY) LIMITED (Uganda, 17 May 1999- )
Cyprus flag ESKOM ENTERPRISES LIMITED (Cyprus, 2 Sep 2005- , Στασίνου, 1,MITSI BUILDING 1, Floor 1, Flat 4Πλατεία Ελευθερίας1060, Λευκωσία, Κύπρος)
South Africa flag ESKOM FINANCE COMPANY (South Africa, 6 Mar 1990- , BUILDING B SUNNINGHILL PLACE 9 SIMBA ROAD SUNNINGHILL 2157)
South Africa flag ESKOM HOLDINGS (South Africa, 1 Jul 2002- , MEGAWATT PARK 2 MAXWELL DRIVE SUNNINGHILL 2157)
France flag branch ESKOM HOLDINGS LIMITED (France, 22 Jun 2007- , ESKOM HOLDINGS LIMITED MEGAWATT PARK 2 MAXWELL DRIVE SUNNINNGHILL SANDTON 2157)
United Kingdom flag branch ESKOM HOLDINGS SOC LIMITED (United Kingdom, 19 Oct 2006- , ROOMS 625-627 50 BROADWAY, LONDON, SW1H 0RG)
United Kingdom flag branch ESKOM HOLDINGS SOC LIMITED (United Kingdom, 19 Oct 2006- , Rooms 625-627 50 Broadway, London, SW1H 0RG)
United Kingdom flag ESKOM IT LIMITED (United Kingdom, 19 Jul 2016- , 6-8 Bonhill Street, London, EC2A 4BX)
United States flag ESKOM LEASING MEMBER TRUST 1998 NO. 1 (Delaware (US), 5 Mar 1998- )
United States flag ESKOM LEASING MEMBER TRUST 1998 NO. 2 (Delaware (US), 5 Mar 1998- )
United States flag ESKOM LEASING MEMBER TRUST 1998 NO. 3 (Delaware (US), 5 Mar 1998- )
United States flag ESKOM LEASING MEMBER TRUST 1998 NO. 4 (Delaware (US), 5 Mar 1998- )
United States flag ESKOM LEASING MEMBER TRUST 1998 NO. V (Delaware (US), 26 Jun 1998- )
United States flag ESKOM LEASING MEMBER TRUST 1998 NO. VI (Delaware (US), 26 Jun 1998- )
United States flag ESKOM LEASING MEMBER TRUST 1998-A (Delaware (US), 23 Jul 1998- )
United States flag ESKOM LEASING MEMBER TRUST 1998-B (Delaware (US), 23 Jul 1998- )
United Kingdom flag ESKOM LIMITED (United Kingdom, 25 Mar 2016- , 30 The Vale, Coventry, CV3 1DW)
Uganda flag ESKOM LINK LTD (Uganda, 7 Apr 2014- )
Uganda flag ESKOM UGANDA LTD (Uganda, 22 Nov 2002- )
United States flag ESKOM YACHTING LTD. (Delaware (US), 20 Apr 2009- )
Slovakia flag ESKOM s.r.o. (Slovakia, 8 Jun 2017- , Hany Meličkovej 3448/37, Bratislava - mestská časť Karlova Ves, 841 05)
South Africa flag inactive ESKOM-SHELL SOLAR HOME SYSTEMS (South Africa, 11 Sep 1998- , SCOTSWOOD, ALIWAL STREET 4000)
Moldova flag INTREPRINDEREA STRAINA "ESKOM" S.R.L. (Moldova, 25 Oct 1994- , mun. Chişinău, sec. Ciocana, str. Zadnipru P., 4/1, ap. 116)
Romania flag inactive PROIECT ESKOM SRL (Romania, Lugoj, Romania)
Latvia flag Sabiedrība ar ierobežotu atbildību "ESKOM" (Latvia, 2 Feb 1999- , Moru iela 4, Berģi, Garkalnes nov.)

Open Corporates

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Stunning thread that is so fact stuffed my pea of a brain just about held together.

Such widespread corruption, I don't even know how there is enough money and jobs to grease the palms of these people, its shocking but no one is really surprised that its so common place, how long before the West reaches the same insane level of corruption.

Some might say it already has with every one wanting a cash or political cut.

Eventually the greed will out strip the resources and it will all crash...

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf

Their business interests include Sahara Computers and Sahara Systems, mining companies include Oakbay, the Shiva Uranium Mine, Tegeta, Westdawn Investments and Black Edge Exploration.

Interesting addendum to the Shiva Uranium Mine:

Source

The Guptas, with a group of African National Congress-connected black economic empowerment minority shareholders, including one called Mabengela, bought the mine for their Oakbay Resources and Energy company.

Mabengela is owned by President Jacob Zuma’s son, Duduzane, and the youngest of the Gupta brothers, Rajesh "Tony" Gupta. The Guptas got Shiva Uranium for a steal — $37.3m (R275m at that time), which represented a loss of about $242m for the previous owners, a Canadian company called Uranium One that had mothballed it because it couldn’t mine it profitably.

What made the deal possible for the Guptas was a R250m loan from the state-owned Industrial Development Corporation (IDC), eased, it is said, by some presidential intervention. Add to that three more substantial loans from several South African banks (all of which have since closed Oakbay’s accounts) and it becomes clear that the Guptas didn’t need to put up any money of their own to acquire what is said to be one of the world’s biggest uranium mines.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
Stunning thread that is so fact stuffed my pea of a brain just about held together.

Such widespread corruption, I don't even know how there is enough money and jobs to grease the palms of these people, its shocking but no one is really surprised that its so common place, how long before the West reaches the same insane level of corruption.

Some might say it already has with every one wanting a cash or political cut.

Eventually the greed will out strip the resources and it will all crash...
The US might be just as corrupt, but the culprits are better at covering their tracks.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Great thread
I was considering making one about the GuptaLeaks specifically this morning, you did a great job.
Please keep doing what you're doing Gemwolf.

I keep considering getting away from this country.. but I've already invested and created so much for myself here, I feel like I can't just give up. I hope others also share a positive sentiment for our future in South Africa.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

It is indeed insane. Especially the amounts of money we're are talking about. I mean they offered R600 million (about $45 million) as a bribe to Mcebisi Jonas. I'll never see that kind of money in my entire life. And they have sort of money to throw at someone as a bribe?! The question is how much is enough? They have racked up billions and billions. What do you do with an endless supply of money?

"The root of all evil". It is so true.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

That's quite interesting. I wonder exactly how far the corruption reaches. Looking at the amount of information that is becoming available, and I'm guessing that's just the very tip of the iceberg...

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Eskom has been loaning money for years and years now. Earlier this week they loaned another R20 billion ($1.5 billion) from China... They are so deep in the red, I doubt they'll ever get out out again. For a start things will turn another direction once the corrupt stop skimming from the top...

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Thanks.
Yes, once you had the dirt from this country between your toes, you can't help but love it with your entire being. There is a whole lot of bad going on at the moment... but I have faith. Be it in God or the people...

Re the Guptaleaks: I would love to get access to the Guptaleaks/e-mails. Up to 200 000 e-mails with some of the most explosive information seen in years... I would literally give my left foot.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

I'm dizzy at the magnitude and deviousness of the corruption!

But, I understand better the tangled mess that is SA government.

Thanks, Gem!!!!!!!

I've seen the corruption in Detroit, Michigan....read about the corruption that has existed for decades in Chicago, Illinois....but they both pale in comparison hugely.
edit on Sat Jul 8 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks for exposing the invisible hand in South African politics. I had heard whispers of the Guptas and how their octopus of businesses and government connections had taken over large sections of the SA economy. I wonder if they were just individuals out to make it big or if they were set up and financed by the Indian government itself who have strong incentives to financially colonize Africa before China does.

The shame is how they used the old Black vs Boer tricks to heat up racial animosity completely leaving the instigators out of it. This may well backlash against Indians in SA as they fall under the wave of rising hatred the Guptas unleashed.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Marius Ferreira. I too am a South African and reading this Marius Ferreira's letter has given me a great laugh, for that, thank you Marius. His post must be one of the poorest excuses for a propaganda campaign I have ever seen. It is very evident that this Marius is either an ANC member or a Gupta employee, if not one of the Gupta brothers themselves. The Guptas own at least 2 media outlets. The 1st is The New Age newspaper which was financed unwillingly and unwittingly by the South African tax payers. The New Age is given out free of charge at all government departments (GD) and SEO's (State owned enterprises). The New Age derives it's income from ANC and government advertising as well as "donations" it receives from various SEO's and GD's in various forms including the hosting of business breakfasts for which the SEO's and GD's pay it millions of rands. The 2nd big media outlet is.....you guessed it ANN 7 which Marius so thoughtfully mentioned. Well ANN 7 is the most biased news channel on the planet and has a secret agenda...pssst..the advancement of the ANC, Gupta, Zuma agenda. Very few people actually watch the ANN 7 news and it only receives it's airtime broadcasts due to shady deals.

Now Marius would have the world believe that Helen Zille is corrupt and racist but she was the journalist responsible for investigating and breaking the story of struggle icon Steve Biko. She also as Gemwolf pointed out, hid ANC activists from the police during the apartheid years. She probably would have fitted right in there with the ANC if it wernt for the fact that she is a genuine liberal and is a serious thorn in the ANC's plan.

Marius claims that the news didnt report this very serious corrupt dealing but a simple google search search brings up many reports on it, including from the Sunday Times (owned by independant media's Iqbal Survey who is a huge ANC benefactor and received the money to purchase the news group from the ANC). www.timeslive.co.za...
mybroadband.co.za...
citizen.co.za...

Now, lets look at this so called corruption...the only people who benefitted from the use of these tablets (besides the manufacturer) were the school children that they were lent to (yes, lent. They are still owned by the Western Cape Department of Education). These children ALL come from Keyalitsha, one of the poorest townships in the Western Cape. Zille's son and his friend who wrote and created the app as a pilot project did it completely for FREEEEE. Sure it was a pilot programme and around 2 years later they did turn it into a business enterprise but why shouldnt they receive payment for their work. The fact is they never charged or received any money for it during the test or pilot phase (corruption isnt sounding very profitable to me).

These science lessons in the app were meant to assist the poorest pupils in achieving a pass during their final year in High school...mission accomplished. It's possible that a few steps were hurried up but lets remember that this did happen right at the end of the school year and there just wasnt much time to go through lengthly beurocratic processes.

edit on 8-7-2017 by Oupasetoebies because: Spotted some grammar mistakes

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

There may be some more powers in India at play - does one really come from "nowhere and nothing" and end up owning a country without some influence by other powerful people? I am doubtful that it's the government though (but I'm not saying "never"). All the links go back to the United Arab Emirates - more specifically Dubai. Every visit, every property bought, every cent laundered - all Dubai. Why exactly Dubai, remains to be revealed. The UAE can buy the whole of South Africa from the change in their back pockets. I don't see any specific reason they'd want anything from SA. Or perhaps you are 100% correct and the money trail will eventually lead back to the Indian government.

And you are spot on. All of this will spark some hate towards Indians - undeservedly. The Indian population in SA have been nothing but peace-loving and have been keeping their heads very low in all previous messes.

Reading through dozens and dozens of articles, blogs and exposés helped me to realize that I have been hooked and baited as well. Sort of. I've realized what an evil cesspool of hate Twitter is. I've noticed it, and it made me angry - luckily I've never responded to it in any way.
Yes - some of what goes on, on Twitter and Facebook it is real. But it looks like most of it is momentum due to Bell Pottinger's campaign. Hopefully the momentum can be stopped - but unfortunately people like Malema has been taking it very seriously. So far there has been no corrupt links between the Guptas and Malema, but he has been riding the anti-"White Capital Monopoly" train very hard.
All parties involved in the incitement of racism should be thrown in a dungeon for crimes against humanity.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Oupasetoebies

First welcome to ATS Oupasetoebies. Love the username! Only an Afrikaans person will ever understand it.

Secondly, thank you for your additional and in-depth analysis on the "Marius Ferreira". Nothing I could possibly add to that.

And talking about "poorest excuses for a propaganda campaign" - I have not mentioned them because I don't want to give them credit... But if you don't known about it, check out www[.]wmcleaks[.]com (C&P and remove the brackets). My favorite article (and I use the word in the broadest sense possibly) is the one where they accuse Peter Bruce for "NATO’s Destruction of Libya". (For those interested: Peter Bruce is a South African journalist credited for exposing the Gupta state capture first. He has recently become a victim of harassment and a smear-campaign. It is actually so amateurish it's like watching one of those cars in the circus with a never-ending string of clowns getting out. Although it's not funny from Peter Bruce's point of view...)

I hope you stick around. There are many more South Africans that share and enjoy AboveTopSecret.com. You've clearly got the talent that is appreciated around here.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
This is just one of those: "Wow!", threads. Excellent work!

Anyone know what kind of cointelpro they're putting-out?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gemwolf
a reply to: GreenGunther
Re the Guptaleaks: I would love to get access to the Guptaleaks/e-mails. Up to 200 000 e-mails with some of the most explosive information seen in years... I would literally give my left foot.

It must be a treasure trove...
We've already seen things like rampant sexual harassment and racism among the Guptas poking it's head out through these leaks

Article to claims of sexual harrasment by the Gupta brothers

Article relating to racism from the Gupta family

I can only imagine what else it holds...
So many secrets already being exposed...

A public protector, NPA, and internal governmental investigative authority (The Hawks) who aren't doing anything with the evidence so far...

It pains me to say it, but SA politics truly is, and has been, a laughing stock of note for a very long time.

I yearn for politicians who only take a pay check home and receive satisfaction from knowing that their fellow man, as a whole, are benefiting from their actions and work ethic... I wish the voters could see who the people are who truly care about this country.

We've already wasted the past 20 years... Nelson would be furious if he could return as a younger version of himself.
edit on 9-7-2017 by GreenGunther because: typo and such

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Ok so more corruption...

Pretty much the story of every other country in existence today..... plus, now i feel like ordering indian takaway!

Well done on the effort S&F!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The Guptas clan has long been on the radar for money laundering and other activities.

I would suggest that the ties to 1993 U.S. administration be looked at as well.

This would include bio-warfare labs and raw mining materials.

When the decision to bring down S.A. was made back some 24 years ago there was no opposing force strong enough to prevent it.
S.A. had become a world economic power house and TPTB would not stand for it.

Some of the best counter-intelligence / counter terrorism personnel in the world are Afrikaners.
I was fortunate enough to work with several of them.

Buck

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
#GuptaLeak covered by the Sunday Times today states that the Guptas gained access to classified military information:

...“According to reports today‚ classified information such as dissemination maps and aviation charts of the Waterkloof air force base were sent to the Gupta family over insecure email systems‚ ahead of the Sun City wedding.

“If these allegations are true‚ the Gupta family and their associates were potentially in contravention of the Defence Act‚ South African Revenue Service Act and the Customs and Excise Act‚ as they failed to request or receive any approval from the South African Civil Aviation Authority‚ the defence force and SARS‚” Marais said on Sunday.
S ource

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
And another International company - SAP - gets dragged into the #GuptaLeaks:

To clinch Transnet business, business software giant SAP agreed to pay 10% “sales commission” to a company controlled by the Guptas.
In the year to follow, SAP paid the company, CAD House, a whopping R99.9-million, suggesting SAP used the Gupta influence network to drive sales of a billion rand to Transnet and other state-owned companies.

SAP denies it paid kickbacks or was party to laundering the payments, arguing that CAD House had “the necessary skills in terms of positioning our solution” and was paid a sales commission for acting as “an extension of the sales force”.
But there are factors suggesting that SAP’s denial does not hold water: There is no evidence that CAD House had any experience marketing or selling SAP software. And CAD House appears to have been used as a front, both to distance the transaction from the Guptas and to launder the proceeds to them.
Source

edit on 11/7/2017 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join