It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do any of you believe in vibes, auras, or otherwise..?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Do any of you believe in vibes, auras, or otherwise the ability to sense the intentions and emotions of another person?

I've come to believe in it more and more as I've looked into it, as I've thought about it.

Looking up information about the hearts electro-magnetic field, for instance, and knowing that studies show that when two people interact, their heart and brain waves sync up in some matter... It's profound. To think that we can be connected and sense each other in an entirely different fashion, and that some science even backs this up to a degree.

What do you think?

Do you believe we have this sixth sense?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yes i do, i can usually sense someones vibe. Maybe how animals can ?
I think we have the ability to sense things, as theyre happening. Like theres a weave of energy we are always going through and we can pick up when something doesnt feel right. Like the sense theres a ghost in your room 😥 that always gives me the heebby jeebies.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoKid

Yes i do, i can usually sense someones vibe. Maybe how animals can ?
I think we have the ability to sense things, as theyre happening. Like theres a weave of energy we are always going through and we can pick up when something doesnt feel right. Like the sense theres a ghost in your room 😥 that always gives me the heebby jeebies.

Absolutely.

When i was in hs my friends and i had such a strong connection to each other that we could literally/physically feel each other's pain, have conversations with each other at great distances, etc.

Very real.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Yes. Just ask a dog.

Auras are definitely a real metaphysical(?) thing, just like our thoughts and emotions, and we are constantly permeating some form of energy unbeknownst to most of our senses.

I'll admit I'm not a scientist and I'm merely making # up, but hey, it sounds good and makes a lot of sense to me.

edit on 4-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: Dr.Hunter

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
sure do accept that some people project 'vibes' 'auras'
and other people are good at recognizing that 'something stinks' about that person you encountered

I was in Phoenix, the 'Changing Hands' bookstore --- where books and meet-ups, day-hiking groups sometimes are born...

I was basically a recruitment target for this guy & gal, they were looking for IT savvy persons, but they were too Cultish for my serenity

they were going back 'home' soon, I reckoned they were talking home being California...
I declined the lure of money and such... saying I had to finish my 'vision quest' in Arizona before I could move on

I have no 'proof' per-se, but I was not surprised about the Heaven's Gate Cult Suicide Event, as the cult was into the
IT dark web and such, as computer tech$ as earning a living

That couple just stroked-my-ego too persistently to be honest-to-goodness, patriots/apple-pie/do-Gooders...the sixth-sense siren went off

back in my hippy days in DC, knocking around with the Veterans-Against-Vietnam-War & the Free Press

two gal pals wanted me to join them to go West for a position at the Peoples Temple...they had a dream & goal of building a community of hippies down in Guiana in South America...

I declined to join with their journey saying..."I am destined to die in the Rainforest, but 1969-70 was not yet that time'
I still don't know if Leslie K & her gal-pal Pam were part of the 900+ kool-ade victims of Jim Jones handiwork
(I did tell Leslie that the People's Temple act of collectivizing peoples Social-Security-checks for the Temple was a 1,000 ways of being wrong and a cultish thing)

I have had scores of other 'contacts' who had sinister darkness or negative energies just gushing out their pores, and just dripping with so much spiritual dread I was glad to get out of their field of sight

I was in central florida in the mid 70s when Ted Bundy was doing his sprees...I have to wonder if we ever crossed paths, but I deliberately steer away from investigating any further
edit on th31149918687304472017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's interesting - Customers are in a better mood when I mindfully desire to put positive energy out there.

Some might say this is just some psychological/placebo effect - Where positive thinking is going to create positive actions, some will respond, but mostly just ones self will perceive things differently...

But I don't know.

It seems like positive reviews and sales numbers increase disproportionately high when I'm sending good vibes out. It's like the entire establishment is more attractive and desirable based on will-power alone, rather than only it's own merits...

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Do any of you believe in vibes, auras, or otherwise the ability to sense the intentions and emotions of another person?

I've come to believe in it more and more as I've looked into it, as I've thought about it.

Looking up information about the hearts electro-magnetic field, for instance, and knowing that studies show that when two people interact, their heart and brain waves sync up in some matter... It's profound. To think that we can be connected and sense each other in an entirely different fashion, and that some science even backs this up to a degree.

What do you think?

Absolutely believe that we give off energy that we can read from others as well as be read. But we shouldn't confuse emotional energy with the spirit of a person. Some people may for a short period of time carry 'angry' energy with them... but in fact they are just working out their anger over perhaps a justifiable situation. To read such people as angry all of the time is not factual. I think everyones energy fields fluctuate over any given day... and that is why some folks will decide to pick a better time to convey bad news.. or good news after reading someone's ' mood '.

I also believe in orbs because I've seen a fair few over the years and they often coincided with spiritual events and energy such as prayer.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Even the placebo effect is unexplainable and can turn out to be an actual metaphysical(?) entity. The law of attraction is definitely real and the laws of the universe will always apply, whether you want them to or not.

Of course just my opinion again..

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Yes. Just ask a dog.

Auras are definitely a real metaphysical(?) thing, just like our thoughts and emotions, and we are constantly permeating some form of energy unbeknownst to most of our senses.

I'll admit I'm not a scientist and I'm merely making # up, but hey, it makes a lot of sense to me.

Then apparently you haven't heard of aura photography or the weight of the soul experiments.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What do you think?

I've learned to trust the feelings I get about people. There's definitely some people I have an inexplicable dislike for. Just seeing them sometimes before I've even interacted with them. If it ends up being someone I get to know better I usually learn there's a reason for it.
A fairly recent example, when I was taking the bus to work. There's a group of people I'd seen before, I think they all work together, they'd never botherrd me or anything, they always sat on the other side of the bus, but I couldn't stand them. Then one day they were all sitting nearby and there was another girl on the bus, fairly young a lot younger than them, worked with them. They spent the whole bus ride bad mouthing her to everyone on the bus about her acne and her smell. They were like a group of children. I was sitting nearby in my work clothes so I told them all if they had a problem with any smells it was coming from me and if they didn't like it they could move. It was a nice quiet pleasant bus ride after that.

I also watched the dog that lived at our shop attack a meth head that worked with us for a while and refuse to let him in the shop. My cats are also pretty good at picking up on people. When most people come over the cats will be out they'll come for pettings and such, but there's some people the cats will just disappear until they leave. The people the cats avoid tend to be people I personally don't necessarily trust entirely myself.

Even myself I notice if I'm out walking around in a bad move, even if I'm still being fairly friendly or polite, people still seem to be able to tell and are generally less friendly and talkative to me than when I'm in a generally good happy mood.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's interesting - Customers are in a better mood when I mindfully desire to put positive energy out there.

Some might say this is just some psychological/placebo effect - Where positive thinking is going to create positive actions, some will respond, but mostly just ones self will perceive things differently...

But I don't know.

It seems like positive reviews and sales numbers increase disproportionately high when I'm sending good vibes out. It's like the entire establishment is more attractive and desirable based on will-power alone, rather than only it's own merits...

Try staring at a person long enough who has their back to you and no matter how busy they are... they'll eventually turn around.

If i doubt my ability to get a job... i lose it before i ever sit down for the interview but despite incredible odds against people with more qualifications and experience, i can be guaranteed the job if i go into the interview telling myself its mine. Mentally i'm telling them that too. Hasn't failed yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I can even pick up yahoo's over the interwebs. Perhaps it's just syntax and semantics but it's real....believe me!! A 'vibe" is composed of many unconscious cues. Poker players call them "tells" and I can spot a BSer, bluffing, SOB by the way he combs his hair.

edit on 4-7-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
interesting subject.
Often I've taken an instant dislike of certain people with no really obvious reason but have later found out that they were selfish or dishonest.
I've even been chided by friends about others with the usual assurances that some new person was really cool or a fun guy.
Then I later find out he's stolen from them or some other kind of unpleasantness.

It can work the other way too.
There's been people who I've made an effort to be nice to but they don't return the favour and its turned out that they probably knew that I would be able to see through their deception and would be an obstacle to their later plans.

Body language is a fascinating topic to look into because we all have inbuilt, subtle behaviours that are incredibly difficult to mask, even when we try.
Open and honest people usually seem to be the most likable and the same is evident in reverse.
I'm not sure I would say it was an aura or whatever but a vibe, probably.
Instinct may be a better word.
I've got quite a few books about it but a good place to start if you're inclined to find out more would be Allan Pease and his wife Barbara in their book The Definitive Book of Body Language.

Brilliant and informative book.
edit on 4-7-2017 by Tulpa because: Dunno what happened there?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I know a man...who is rather creepy...a manipulator of sorts. He's very good at getting people to do things for him. He's always got a decent looking woman, and he's got bad teeth and body odor.

Having a conversation with the guy, you get the feeling that he is in your head and every dialogue is almost like he reads your thoughts. I think he's a psych vampire, that is to say he can suck the life out of people, or give them a sense of life.

It's really hard to explain, he reads vibes and feeds vibes. I once did a 1,000 mile road trip with him. We ran out of money early. He was able to get money from strangers like, amazing...I mean every tank of gas, every 250 or so miles, we went to the nearest mega shopping center and either we got kicked out, or we got handed 10-20$.

His ability to play into peoples emotions, he was able to get nearly 300$. Hell he even got the pub to pick up our tab for beers and food...I mean he was masterful. I think he has mind reading, and on top of that a way of using that to manipulate people psychologically.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yes. I can, I do and I feel. This is real for me for over 50 years, and I trust what I see and feel...enough to walk into a room and immediately sense and know where not to sit, and who not to talk to.

It happens all the time, everyday, everywhere and never stops. And aura themselves denote a persons feelings that day, anger, illness or troubles.

My opinion...from my experiences.

MS

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

ive seen eyes tell tales, nothing much more.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Nah, but then, I am a bit Aspergers, so I wouldn't, would I.

I also think that you can pick up on someone's mood because they want to tell you, and do so, and they display it through physiological cues and expressions.

But seriously, all humans have more than five or six senses.

We can also sense temperature, gravity/acceleration, pain, the position of our limbs and possibly the directionality and dip of the Earth's magnetic fields (our location sense).

As transcranial magnetic stimulation shows, we are also effected by strong electronic and magnetic pulses which induce nerve signals and also we can generate signals in our thoughts, that we assume are sensed, but that we create internally in our nervous system. They are a function of how we process and sense. Optical illusions are an example of this.

The whole five or six senses bit is just folklore, not science.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Nah, but then, I am a bit Aspergers, so I wouldn't, would I.

I also think that you can pick up on someone's mood because they want to tell you, and do so, and they display it through physiological cues and expressions.

My husband is an aspie and because I'm in tune i often know what he's thinking before he opens his mouth.

I think he has difficulties in this area with most people but he's learning to pick up my cues. Even aspies have the skills but its often harder for them to develop because of how their minds work.

Maybe they don't have a box for what they sense so it gets lost.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I believe in all these things. I also believe what we think/feel has an effect on plants, animals & objects as well. Its important not to believe everything we feel of another is true. Sometimes we receive signs from our sixth sense. Those signs aren't neccesarily good or bad, depending on where they come from. For instance, one may assume someone's an a-hole because of the way they act. The people who appear strong outward are actually the weakest inside & the people who appear weak outward are actually the strongest inside. This can be witnessed with people who have Napoleon syndrome. Also, what one may perceive as a sign from God, may actually be a sign from Lucifer or another entity.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Yes.

1 The body can be put in a bliss state by changing the amygdala output so that the nerve system is vibrating and a euphoric state is created. The level of the bliss depends on how far you take it. If you take it very far your whole body will shake in orgasmic feelings but you will be overwhelmed to be able to do anything else.

2 You can play around with mind awareness and if the barrier between unconcious to conscious become very small you can receive information that people want to stay hidden with the help of synchronicity. Go far enough and you will become a living lie detector. You can have a conversation with a person thru telepathy where they do not even know the real conversation you are having and they will reveal things without them knowing they are revealing it. Remember the golden rule if you do this. Sometimes it happens without you controlling the situation and you sometimes find out things you do not want to have to deal with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join