It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It would seem some good things are happening!

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If you've followed any of my posts, you'll see a history of me wondering what to do with my life, how to improve myself, my financial situation, and the like.

Well it seems that day has arrived! Things are changing!

I looked into a hospitality management job that both pays well, and has a few months of the year off - Time which I would spend on my own studies.

If that falls through, I applied for a local university that's not too expensive - FAFSA will actually cover nearly all the costs associated with tuition and books!

Things are changing, and I'm really glad!

Thanks for all of your help, fellow members. A lot of you have given a lot of suggestions, encouragement, shown your empathy and it really means a lot to me. For all of you stuck in different situations, I hope you can find a good path yourselves!

-Deadlyhope

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I'm really happy to hear this DH.. persistence pays off. What do you hope to study during the off-season? Wishing you the best of luck. First impressions are huge - try to treat every day like it's your Day #1 and you're there to impress

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Computer programming - between web development and video game creation - web dev would likely be a secondary career path eventually, video games, just a hobby for some time.. We'll see which one I feel like doing
if I have some financial freedom and can just sit on my yearly income well enough, I might feel inclined to pick up the hobby, on the other hand if I enjoy the perks of the extra income.. I might want to increase that

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Keep fighting for your goals - it sounds like you have a good idea of what your future could look like and some lucrative possibilities. Your buddies at ATS are rooting for you

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Its always nice to hear good news.
A job with months off???
Sounds great. I worked at a uni for a few years and that was excellent. Got the same holidays as the students but a salary paid every month.

Anyway. Glad you've found something suitable.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Yeah, seasonal tourism. Winter months are very slow, most businesses around here close.

It's pretty ideal, though. Work your butt off for most the year, spend another part of it doing things you enjoy

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Congrats!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Always great to see some positive news. Keep on the good path and best wishes to you.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Nice...

Get up and attack every day.

You can do it.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good for you. It's so nice to see people taking charge of their own lives and moving forward rather than blaming others for everything that happens to them.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

top topics

join