It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey lists ANTIFA as a Domestic Terrorist Group!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: seeker1963

But many of these celebs are certainly inspired by antifa to some extent. Actually it seems like a lot of regressive leftists in Hollyweird and Academia were taking a page out of antifa by adopting their politically violent rhetoric.

That I agree with, but I think they are doing their job (acting) to influence those who of are weak minds or easily influenced due to the Psych drugs they are taking to act out on what they are hearing?

I see MKULTRA all thru how the media and Hollyweird is controlling and conditioning people. Look up Benjamin Freedman on youtube and see what he says about how even WWII was influenced by the Newspapers in America!

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Krakatoa

en.wikipedia.org...

OK now go to all those articles and relabel them as acts of terrorism.

I am not in the job of rewriting history (perhaps you are). I am talking from now forward they will have these additional restrictions placed upon them in that state. All due to their own actions....all them, they are responsible for the escalation.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Point I am putting forth is that people or government organizations are so quick to label groups or people.

What is terrorism really?
Just like how I pointed out about communism.

Why were they put as terrorists? Why not just shut down their protests and call them criminals?

link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Be CAREFUL your hate for ANTIFA doesn't turn you into exactly what you HATE...

So what's your beef with Trump and your hatred towards him?

Sorry, but your tactic is transparent as hell, and quite frankly way too late.

Ignore things too long, and what started out as a small problem becomes a huge problem! That's just common damn sense?

link   

I have no problem identifying the individuals as criminals, using terror tactics.

It's common from the left.

We already have laws to punish these cowardly scum.

When government starts labeling entire ideological groups, then it is setting a very dangerous precedent.

Too many leftists already support ANTIFA. If we labeled them all as terrorists, then we'd be placing them in the same category as ISIS.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

You mean I can't whip them over the head with a bike chain???

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I don't like ANTIFA. I think they are fascist, Marxist, and basically moronic to a degree unseen for decades. They are the antithesis of freedom, free expression.

That being said, I don't like any government agency labeling groups.

I don't think it serves any other purpose other than denying free expression even to groups that abhor free expression.

We saw enough of that during the Obama era when anyone who was for lower taxes, smaller government, was labeled as "anti-American".

really?....who were these people that labeled others as anti-American if they wanted lower taxes, etc.....was it 20 people?, 100 people?, entire groups?......or some joe blow down the street, or some wack-job on a blog, that you happened to read or hear?....out of a population of 320,000,000, there are going to being nutjobs all along the political spectrum....cherry-picking is easy, detailed analysis and discussion is of course boring, but critical to reasoned thought.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I don't like ANTIFA. I think they are fascist, Marxist, and basically moronic to a degree unseen for decades. They are the antithesis of freedom, free expression.

That being said, I don't like any government agency labeling groups.

I don't think it serves any other purpose other than denying free expression even to groups that abhor free expression.

We saw enough of that during the Obama era when anyone who was for lower taxes, smaller government, was labeled as "anti-American".

surely they are NOT fascist...they are ANTIFA (anti-fa...scism)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Point I am putting forth is that people or government organizations are so quick to label groups or people.

What is terrorism really?
Just like how I pointed out about communism.

Why were they put as terrorists? Why not just shut down their protests and call them criminals?

It matters not how we define terrorism, it matters how the government defines it. They the ones with the control of the people at this point. If you wish to change that definition, then get involved in the process to affect that change. Anything less is merely whining and baseless complaining. Create an ANTIFIA PAC to influence the government in your favor. Oh, but that would be against all their stated beliefs wouldn't it?

I have seen interviews with some of these people, and all I kept hearing was they just want to cause mayhem and destruction and wish to have not government at all. They advocate true anarchy...like that would be any better.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The ultimate expression of free speech would be defending those who wish to speak out against free speech.

ANTIFA is just a more vocal expression of the ideological left.

If we denied them their rights, then we'd be just like them.

We really are better than that. We really are better than them.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This whole video is well worth watching if you have time DB, but it you want to get to the meat of it start at about the 51 minute mark. Those who consider Russia the enemy are actually the best weapon the Marxist/Leninist have to bring down our country. ANTIFA are the new Bolsheviks.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Great job New Jersey!

Residents of New Jersey, forgive me.... but I never thought I would have heard those words uttered, much less believed that I would agree with them.

But here we are.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The ultimate expression of free speech would be defending those who wish to speak out against free speech.

ANTIFA is just a more vocal expression of the ideological left.

If we denied them their rights, then we'd be just like them.

We really are better than that. We really are better than them.

You seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that ANTIFA members have gone beyond speech to actively destroying property and physically threatening (and on some cases assaulting) those that disagree with their cause. Free speech I agree with, but NOT destruction of property and physical assault.

Sounds like you seem to accept that aspect as free speech or expression.

No.....that is not. That is criminal behavior and as a group, they collectively advocate for this type of behavior and are deserving, IMO, of the terrorist label. It allows the government to expand their reach to attack the funding of this group. Dry up their funding, and see how long they survive while arresting and fining all those that support them.

All due to their own radical actions.....period. It is all their fault.

Actions and decisions have consequences.

They chose poorly.

edit on 7/3/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I've seen the video before. Really, I agree with you for the most part.

I believe whole-heartedly when I call ANTIFA Marxist, fascist, anti-freedom individuals.

But we really have to be careful that we don't become what we are against.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I believe whole-heartedly when I call ANTIFA Marxist, fascist, anti-freedom individuals.

Agreed. But we also must keep our eyes open and be honest in our assessments of peoples actions. Ignoring and condoning them only serves their cause and emboldens them to push it further.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

No.

Free speech is one thing, the use of violence is quite another.

If they are threatening people with violence, I would have no problem shooting them if I felt threatened and my life was in danger.

There are laws that they are already breaking.

What the issue is that most leftists think that violence and suppression of free speech, IS their expression of free speech.

And leftist localities do not enforce laws already on the books.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just going to leave this here for the luls.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Not gonna lie! Since the pendulum has swung so far left I have found myself changing my views which require me to keep looking at the Constitution. I will say this though, I won't make excuses for the enemy any more. I have seen their tactics, their ability to lie even in the face of facts being thrown in their face, and I will no longer be a door mat while they run rough shod over our countries culture and values.

And yes, I called them my enemy! It is past claiming the moral high ground while watching them destroy the very foundation of our country.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I will use my freedoms of expression to continue calling ANTIFA and their followers/supporters/defenders out for the fascist, anti-American, anti-Constitutional cowards that they are.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Their group front was formed to wear all black and face masks as their attire specifically to spark intimidation and foment mob behavior.

Anonymity in crowds has been known to be one of the core driving aspects in violent mobs (for over 100 years since the original book ever written on "Crowd Psychology").

This movement designed by social psychologist types chose that specifically to stoke the atrocious tendencies their hyper-bigot SJW movement was already (predictably) exhibiting.

Antifa / BAMN are the militant goosestepping "Brownshirt" extension of BLM / SJW and their specific purpose is radicalization and persecution. So no sympathy for them.

So yes when someone comes in and implies what they represent is freedom of expression, you'll get your counter-privilege checked.

Okay, so these "other groups" you're talking about how do the groups compare to Antifa? Were / are they political social movements?

'Their' "attacks" you're talking about was it pure ignorant racial tribalism backwardsness (hate group extremism), or was it hardcore political ideology as well?

Note that Antifa is both political social movement and extremist hate group.

Psychology of Crowds (1895):

Le Bon held that crowds existed in three stages: submergence, contagion, and suggestion.[9] During submergence, the individuals in the crowd lose their sense of individual self and personal responsibility. This is quite heavily induced by the anonymity of the crowd.[9] Contagion refers to the propensity for individuals in a crowd to unquestioningly follow the predominant ideas and emotions of the crowd. In Le Bon's view, this effect is capable of spreading between "submerged" individuals much like a disease.[2] Suggestion refers to the period in which the ideas and emotions of the crowd are primarily drawn from a shared racial unconscious. This behavior comes from an archaic shared unconscious and is therefore uncivilized in nature. It is limited by the moral and cognitive abilities of the least capable members.[8] Le Bon believed that crowds could be a powerful force only for destruction.[9] Additionally, Le Bon and others have indicated that crowd members feel a lessened sense of legal culpability, due to the difficulty in prosecuting individual members of a mob.

Now add the effects of uniforms on observers:

The Social Significance of Clothing
When a person encounters a stranger, the person seeks clues from the stranger''s appearance which can reveal things about the stranger. One powerful clue to a person''s background is clothing. Clothing serves as a mental shortcut to identifying a persons sex, status, group membership, legitimacy, authority, and occupation. Clothing and physical appearance are very important in the initial development of social relationships. Studies have revealed that physical appearance, including clothing, is the factor most often used in developing a first impression of someone. Clothing has been found to have an even greater effect on making first impressions than does personality.

In early social interactions, clothing has a significant psychological influence on people''s perceptions. Personnel administrators who were asked to rate the competency of similar female job applicants consistently rated the women in conservative, slightly-masculine attire as the most competent. In another study, both high school students and teachers were asked to rate, pictures of female athletes, some of whom were in uniform and the others in casual street clothes, All of the athletes were perceived as being more professional, possessing higher ability, and having more team spirit when viewed in uniform. Both students and teachers, have also rated photos of students in private school-type uniforms as having higher scholastic ability.
linky

Now add the effects of militant uniforms on the wearers:

When Police Wear Military Uniforms, It Changes Their Psychology
There is, too, the other side of this relationship: how what people wear affects how they act. Military gear may harm relations between police forces and citizens not only because they signal violence but because they may, in some sense, cause more violence. The same cues that signal "army" and "conflict" to civilians may affect police officers themselves. When they "dress up" for serious engagements, for example when donning SWAT gear to respond to a riot, they no longer feel like local law enforcement anymore but like part of a broader military machine.

That perception, in turn, may well affect the types of decisions they actually make. In one early study, a take on the famous Milgram paradigm, in which women were asked to deliver electric shocks to another woman whenever she made a mistake, women who wore Ku Klux Klan uniforms delivered more shocks than those who wore nurses' uniforms. The implication was that uniforms conferred some of their connotations onto the behavior of their wearers.

Now apply all of that to an extremist hate group:

The 7 Stages of an Extremist Hate Group
Stage 1: Grouping
- They feel compelled, almost driven, to entreat others to hate as they do. Peer validation bolsters a sense of self-worth and, at the same time, prevents introspection, which reveals personal insecurities. Further, individuals who are otherwise ineffective become empowered when they join groups, which also provide anonymity and diminished accountability.

Stage 2: Defining
– Hate groups form identities through symbols, rituals, and mythologies, which enhance the members’ status and, at the same time, degrade the object of their hate. For example, skinhead groups may adopt the swastika, the iron cross, the Confederate flag, and other supremacist symbols. Group-specific symbols or clothing often differentiate hate groups. Group rituals, such as hand signals and secret greetings, further fortify members.

Stage 3: Disparaging
– Hate is the glue that binds haters to one another and to a common cause. By verbally debasing the object of their hate, haters enhance their self-image, as well as their group status. In skinhead groups, racist song lyrics and hate literature provide an environment where hate flourishes. In fact, researchers have found that the life span of aggressive impulses increases with ideation. In other words, the more often a person thinks about aggression, the greater the chance for aggressive behavior to occur.

Stage 4: Taunting
– Hate, by its nature, changes incrementally. Time cools the fire of hate, thus forcing the hater to look inward. To avoid introspection, haters use ever-increasing degrees of rhetoric and violence to maintain high levels of agitation. Tauntsand offensive gestures serve this purpose. In this stage, skinheads typically shout racial slurs from moving cars or from afar. Nazi salutes and other hand signals often accompany racial epithets.

...CONTINUED...
edit on 3-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join