It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps new tweet-fest: 'Dumb as a rock Mika', Joe, Van Susteren, NBC, Comcast, Fake News, Trudeau.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

"Our international influence is waning by the day."
Evidence please.

"Our government is gridlocked with one party in control(This one boggles my mind but the GOP apparently doesnt know it has to govern)."

What exactly is gridlocked? ACA repeal? It took obama until december of 2009 to get it passed with a supermajority.

"Instead of filling positions with people that know what they are doing Trump and the GOP are picking loyalty over competency."
Normally I'd agree with you here, but as the leaks have shown, loyalty is probably worth more to the agenda than competence at this point in time. Hopefully as the rats, left from obama, vacate DC there are more competent and loyal people to put in place.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yes. As I said, the image you're trying to paint is a lie.

Not trying to paint an image just pointing out that they are members of the public and as such should not to singled out for attack by the President of their country in a public arena regardless of the job they do or things they say , such twitter tirades debase the Presidency and just invite more criticism.

JFK on the press.
"It's an invaluable arm of the Presidency , it's a check on what's going on in the administration"

If the President was more Presidential perhaps he wouldn't draw such criticism. , as it is he comes across as a thin skinned bully.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They're public figures. Trump is a member of the public too, he shouldn't be attacked either, should he?

Now, I'm not going to say that what trump said was a good thing to say. However, to act like it's beyond the pale for a president to insult a public figure is absurd.

"If the President was more Presidential perhaps he wouldn't draw such criticism."
Yes, he should do presidential things... like spy on journalists and threaten their careers, diddle white house interns, use the IRS against democratic citizens and those who criticize him. Yes That's what he should do. SMDH. If joe/mika said what they've said about trump, about obama, they could look forward to years of audits and harassment from the IRS and any other regulatory body that oversaw the industry. Joe should be thanking his lucky stars he just has to deal with a couple tweets.

JFK was adored by the press for a good portion of the first part of his presidency. I'm not surprised he had nice things to say about them. But like I said, later in his presidency he became very secretive and controlling about press access.
edit on 2-7-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Trump is a member of the public too, he shouldn't be attacked either, should he?

Trump was a member of the public when he was just a billionaire property developer but now he is Commander in Chief and leader of the free world so No he isn't a member of the public anymore.
As the leader of a country he is open to attack and criticism , it's part of the job and as a leader he should rise above it not demean himself by sinking to the gutter and propagating more of it.

Now, I'm not going to say that what trump said was a good thing to say. However, to act like it's beyond the pale for a president to insult a public figure is absurd.

What is absurd is that people defend a man who regularly spews forth such bile , he is damaging the standing of your country whether you can see it or not , the world is laughing at your President and that isn't a good thing.

JFK was adored by the press for a good portion of the first part of his presidency.

I think that video shows the face of a President who was hurt by the things being written about him but understood that the freedom to say such things was / is a part of a healthy democracy.

edit on 2-7-2017 by gortex because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   

"Trump was a member of the public when he was just a billionaire property developer but now he is Commander in Chief and leader of the free world so No he isn't a member of the public anymore."

Wait, does he not live here, pay taxes here, and work here? That's the standard you set forth.

"As the leader of a country he is open to attack and criticism"

I agree, all public figures are. Even joe and mika.

"it's part of the job and as a leader he should rise above it not demean himself by sinking to the gutter and propagating more of it."

Agree to disagree. Who plays the role of checking the press? Everyone, including the president.

"the world is laughing at your President and that isn't a good thing."

We hear this line about every republican president. It really gets old. It has literally no meaning.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Dfairlite

LOL. the intellectual dishonesty is at an all time high with you guys, isn't it?

Pretending public figures are simply "members of the public" is asinine. Sure, it's technically a true statement, but the image you're trying to invoke is a lie.

It seems the left don't like it when they are constantly attacked... One wonders why they relentlessly attack others if it is so upsetting for them to recieve the same in return.

Perhaps they have got used to having control of the bully pulpit and haven't quite come to terms with the fact that game is up.

Its cute that a fan of trump thinks is opinion on the left matters to anybody but trumptards, but keep up the good works, at least trump might be proud.

Even cuter that a lefty thinks their outdated views are in any way relevant.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Speaking of bad facelifts, I was more surprised to see Greta Van Susteren take a job with MSNBC than to see her leaving MSNBC!

Anyway, The more Trump throws Twitter fits, the closer to home the investigations are getting.

What investigations?

Sure is funny how an entirely corrupt media can say and do whatever and create fear and strife...and people expect him too bow down and kiss their feet.

I marvel at the IQ level of the "educated" who believe he needs to act differently in this world full of lies.....trust me when i say he is at least 10 years ahead and sees things in a way you likely never will.

And he has re-inforcements coming....ALOT of them.....

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Edumakated

Tell you like it is huh?

No fear of reprisal?

Ok.

If this continues, the Constitution is dead. History is an excellent teacher. It is a really scary time to be alive, you just don't know it yet. Imagine the US like North Korea and Russia combined.

How exactly is Trump tweeting going to kill the constitution? You progressives don't seem to care about the constitution until you aren't in charge.

They are in shock..concussed.

The media keeps them in that constant state and they lap it up like Christians used to do with end time preachers.

And they believe they have "progressed".

This just might be the saddest most depressed group of non-insightful people in world history all things considerered....

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why do you think Trump keeps Tweeting divisive things? He says he doesn't like the media but he gives them all the ammo they ask for. Trump loves the attention the media gives him, that's why he keeps saying things he knows they will cover.

There's no such thing as bad PR in Trump's mind as long as all eyes are on him. He's a narcissist and is not fit to represent millions of people when he only cares about himself.

They would be just as rabid with or without the tweets and frankly things may be WORSE in the world without it.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I think the days of holding different standards to our leaders is over.

In America maybe but I think the rest of us freeworlders still expect a certain standard from our leaders , pants on fire lies don't meet that standard.

How unprogressive of you.....anyone should be able to act and speak as they wish.

Dam you left seem more like conservatives everyday.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Of course he gets triggered, but he's triggering the media even more.

It's really great entertainment.

This election cycle is damn sure entertaining

I wouldnt call the weakening of our nation very entertaining. Damn right scary that all it took was a #ty false populist to pull the wool over the eyes of a bunch of "woke" people.

Sorry as an outsider its hard not to laugh at the dumb # trump and is fans say or do, sorry man

You would hang out with Trump all day...and are just mad cause he durps better than you.

Face it you live this man DEEPLY.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Of course he gets triggered, but he's triggering the media even more.

It's really great entertainment.

This election cycle is damn sure entertaining

I wouldnt call the weakening of our nation very entertaining. Damn right scary that all it took was a #ty false populist to pull the wool over the eyes of a bunch of "woke" people.

Sorry as an outsider its hard not to laugh at the dumb # trump and is fans say or do, sorry man

You would hang out with Trump all day...and are just mad cause he durps better than you.

Face it you live this man DEEPLY.

Why would i be mad, and why would i want to hang out with a geriatric clown?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

LOL. the intellectual dishonesty is at an all time high with you guys, isn't it?

Pretending public figures are simply "members of the public" is asinine. Sure, it's technically a true statement, but the image you're trying to invoke is a lie.

It seems the left don't like it when they are constantly attacked... One wonders why they relentlessly attack others if it is so upsetting for them to recieve the same in return.

Perhaps they have got used to having control of the bully pulpit and haven't quite come to terms with the fact that game is up.

Its cute that a fan of trump thinks is opinion on the left matters to anybody but trumptards, but keep up the good works, at least trump might be proud.

Even cuter that a lefty thinks their outdated views are in any way relevant.

Says the trumptard, yea like i say everyday, cause trump got elected, does not change the fact that he an idiot, and is trunmptards are low iq voters.

But thanks for reminding all of us.

DA man is da best

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I love it. Give them hell Donald. It's time America got payback from the lying media from all those years promoting war.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

What investigations?

The one that Mueller is heading up and the 2 Congressional committees.

trust me when i say he is at least 10 years ahead and sees things in a way you likely never will.

No. I don't trust you.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Actually, more white college grads voted for trump than did for Hillary by a 4 point margin. But don't let that ruin your fantasy world.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have to comment on this. HOW are you fellow conspiracy theorists not seeing how Trump seems to promote Fox News but condemn CNN as fake news??? Trump is so anti-establishment, but watches fox and friends????? Clearly many of you ATSers and other trump supporters are riding this b.s.alt-right hero train way too far. Yea... trump is "exposing" bad news and policies while giving support to bad news and policies that support him. I understand the average joe-sshmoe not seeing such bias, but it's a shame that some ATSers are blind too. I usually do not comment on daily political drivel but some of you seem incapable of seeing trump's bias and lack of professionalism. At least Hillary Clinton could elegantly explain her would-be globalist policies and agendas in a beautifull bull shi!t platter.
edit on 2-7-2017 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

LOL, don't worry, we have plenty of ATS posters, Twitter users, and reddit users to remind us of faux news bias. Afterall, they were only 72% negative about trump during his first hundred days.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'm more worried about trump imploding the real issues and genuinely good ideas and/or conspiracies of the alt-right. He only seems to help push a very duelistic political and social environment.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The Don is more worried about being seen on Twitter than running the country. Sad!

There's something to be said about professionalism and Trump isn't the one to say it. Obviously.

You all thought it was so cool when Obama or Hillary did it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join