It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Tool released a new album

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I used to be a Tool super fan. I was introduced to them back in '99, and they were basically the soundtrack to my life up until about a year after their last album. After that, Tool pretty much fell off my musical road map. Over the years, when youtube recommends it, I sometimes click a Tool song only to find myself bored after the first few beats. Tool is one of my all time favorite bands, but they seem like a deceased legend from a distant past.

Now the rumors are increasing that Tool will eventually release another album, and I have to say I'm pretty skeptical. skeptical that this rumor is actually true but more importantly, skeptical that the band can develop something original while maintaining their filthy, sinister under/overtones that I once loved.

They will have to make an album better then any before imo, anything less, in my eyes, will be a dissapointment.

It would be interesting to see something new from them, but part of me suggests that the Tool legacy is better off left as is.

What says the ATS Tool fan?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

You know that theory that the 10.000 days album can create a supertrack when they are layered.. Pretty trippy.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

When has Tool ever released anything unoriginal? Or less than amazing?

They also tend to go 5 years or so between albums. So have some damned patience.

I got to see them last year at Voodoo Fest and I assure you, they still kick all the ass.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

This year I say. Let him finish that book first.

Meanwhile check out Puscifer:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Patience? I didn't get the impression that the OP was anxious about it, take it easy man. Still... 11 years is long overdue if you want to set the bar at 5 years between each album as a benchmark.

Adressing the OP; I would agree with you about the apprehension regarding the quality of what they're putting out on the forthcoming album. But I'm alwyas like that when a band makes a comeback, or been on a long hiatus.

According to a recent interview with the bassist, they are approximately 90 percent done with the album. Also: "Maynard James Keenan still likely has to prepare vocal melodies and lyrics". So there... ample evidence that it'll take a year or two more until we hear anything, at least.

edit on 28/6/17 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

Wow, I feel old.

Has it really been 11 years?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

When has Tool ever released anything unoriginal? Or less than amazing?

They also tend to go 5 years or so between albums. So have some damned patience.

I got to see them last year at Voodoo Fest and I assure you, they still kick all the ass.

Tool has always released original stuff, but Ill say that their last album wasnt as good as their previous ones.

And its not about patience. I hopped off the Tool train long ago. I was actually suggesting that they shouldn't release another album..

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
TOOOL!!!! 🤘

Sorry bout that..

anywho, I'm not really into having "favorites" but Tool and pretty much any offshoot from them to be anywhere from Good to Amazing.
I just recently saw them in "Detroit" and paid too much extra due to scalpers and my desire to have a good seat in the pavilion, but let me tell you it was worth every penny ... and I just did it again for A Perfect Cirlce.

To me, Tool has only gotten better. Lateralis changed my life, and 10,000 is arguably better! Many do not agree with me, but to me they have only progressed forward, maybe even up and out of the stratosphere...

As far as the new album is concerned... the only reason I have not decided 100% that it's a troll and never going to happen is that supposedly they are contractually obligated to release another ... so there's that.

With all the hype tho... Maynard can't fart without people freaking out in the media .. there's no way this album will be received well by anyone but the Die hards.. they can't win by Not putting out an album, and I doubt they will win when/if they do..

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if it is announced / released in accordance to some sort of numerology, or occult significant dates ... because why not ? No seecret Danny is pretty deep into that stuff...

Maynard is a huge part of that band but honestly I just want to hear those 3 dudes jam... that rhythm section is out of this world !!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Droogie

Patience? I didn't get the impression that the OP was anxious about it, take it easy man. Still... 11 years is long overdue if you want to set the bar at 5 years between each album as a benchmark.

Adressing the OP; I would agree with you about the apprehension regarding the quality of what they're putting out on the forthcoming album. But I'm alwyas like that when a band makes a comeback, or been on a long hiatus.

According to a recent interview with the bassist, they are approximately 90 percent done with the album. Also: "Maynard James Keenan still likely has to prepare vocal melodies and lyrics". So there... ample evidence that it'll take a year or two more until we hear anything, at least.

Agree with all your points

And that's why I'm skeptical...They've been gone so long that this feels like a "comeback."

....even though they're still touring and headlining shows

oh well...thats Tool

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Haha, yeah... I know what you mean. Been feeling a lot like that this past year.

Back to Tool; they've been touring a lot these past years, wonder if they'll even find the time or have the energy to record the damn thing when the time comes. Hope so..

AND, I hear A Perfect Circle will release their album sometime this year... hm, what will Maynard be up when that's done?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

err...the book was finished a while ago..

or... is there another book?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You've got me there. But then again, who knows. This guy is a walking mystery.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've found that I've been able to grow with Tool through out the years. I am one of those guys where I hear a band and then the following years, their sound or substance has changed and I go "What the hell man! This isn't ...... These punks sold out!". Tool isn't one of those bands. They seemed to have gone the direction of my essence. Or... Maybe I'm finally just getting musically older in a way where when bands change, I can appreciate the newer stuff. Dunno...

But for Tool, they seemed to have gotten deeper as each album comes out. Maybe they're just progressing more on that sound that drew me in - in the first place. The lyrics are great but I've stopped trying to decipher the meanings a long time ago. It's the sound that really captivates me along with the lul of his voice. It's a Floyd type thing where every component of the band just meshes together, including the singer. I don't know many bands where even the singers voice just fits in perfectly to the music. Hell, I can't even count them on one hand.

Now I do hear not this year but maaaaaybe next year. I'm also kind of going off of how Maynard cycles between his band's shows. This year was APC and last year was Puscifer so next year... Tool? Here's to hoping. I need some new vibes and soon! My spirit is wearing kind of thin without something of sound and essence to latch on to.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
While you wait, perhaps listen to some old King Crimson, Genesis, or ELP. Not the mainstream stuff, the first 2-3 albums from each...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Or anything Steve Wilson related 🤘

Also, Tool brought "The Once and Future Band" on tour this summer... really good.
Check me out.

a reply to: Lab4Us

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh man, Tool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sings to the soul.

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

There's a good chance i'd buy their album. Tool is a kick # band!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I check weekly for tool updates and new.
I've been listening to them since the early 90's.
And still do when I need some artistic motivation.
Their stop motion actually was my inspiration to start one of my own.
Been working on the models for close to 6 months now.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Sir. Look into Puscifer stuff. Manord James Keenan (sp) is still doing stuff.he is my hero. My favorite, and always will be.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I for one cannot wait until they release a new album, I finally saw them in concert back at the beginning of June and was absolutely blown away by how amazing a performance they put on and the laser light show with it was so damn cool. For me personally my favorite albums are Lateralus and 10,000 Days, but I had never heard the hidden track that Solve posted but as expected its great, TOOL seems to have such deep meaning in their lyrics and are up there with Pink Floyd for one of the best bands.

Do you guys remember the name of a song it may have been on Undertow where it has like a guy crying about being abducted by aliens or something in the background, bloody trippy either way!

My two favorite songs:

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join