It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange was right. Arab states want Al-Jazeera shut down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The Saudis, The UAE, Bahrain, and Egypt want Al Jazeera shut down now.
the link

Assange and his tweet about the one "nuclear weapon" Qatar had in Al Jazeera seems to be coming to the forefront.
They can only use it once according to Assange.
Things are getting interesting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
All these tin pot autocracies want the media shut down, especially when it does not push their message.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Of course they want them shut down they are one of the most unbiased news sources, I have them on Facebook and the amount of articles they published about the Saudis and their shady ways is in the hundreds.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Of course they want them shut down they are one of the most unbiased news sources, I have them on Facebook and the amount of articles they published about the Saudis and their shady ways is in the hundreds.

Surely to christ mate, your not going to try and have us beleive the MSM is an example bias free, and therefore independant, reporting are you?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

The article link you posted explains in better detail what seems to be going on.. S&F and thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Qatar will never give into this list of demands.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

The article link you posted explains in better detail what seems to be going on.. S&F and thanks for posting

Hey, just finished a 12 hour shift. I would love to get more in depth, but more importantly, I wanted to show what the Western media put out there for the consumption and evaluation of ATS combined

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Al Jazeera needs to release the dirt.

I want to see the international # storm

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

There are open and fair elections in Qatar too right? The Qataris, Turks and Saudi Arabia are the main ultimate sources of instability in the region. Iran Is minor league compared to them, and they do tons as well. The sooner oil becomes a nonfactor, the better.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: paraphi

There are open and fair elections in Qatar too right? The Qataris, Turks and Saudi Arabia are the main ultimate sources of instability in the region. Iran Is minor league compared to them, and they do tons as well. The sooner oil becomes a nonfactor, the better.

Better not hold your breath for oil becoming a non factor, it won't happen in your lifetime. Qatar is sitting on a 8 trillion dollar offshore nat gas field. Money still makes this world go round.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Surely to christ mate, your not going to try and have us beleive the MSM is an example bias free, and therefore independant, reporting are you?

Well, I wouldn't consider them to be main stream. They started off small and grew. But, just take a look at their middle East articles and you'll see what I mean.
For such a large media company they are very unbiased. Although lately they have been leaning to the left a little.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZaneDog

Qatar will never give into this list of demands.

I think that's the point. This might be to set up a pretext for invasion.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Here is a thought....... What if the Saudi Oil wells have run out?

That would mean the death of there country.

So to save off collaspe they are going to sieze Qatars Oil.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

They have taken their own measures to make sure they can segway into another economy. And I am sure it does involve invasion. But, they have enough oil to run their country for the next 150 years in reserve.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

They have taken their own measures to make sure they can segway into another economy. And I am sure it does involve invasion. But, they have enough oil to run their country for the next 150 years in reserve.

Well, they say they do. I'm not convinced. But whether they do or not, Qatar's gas fields make them a prime target, and they're too small to put up much of a fight.

I strongly suspect that there are discussions going on between Riyadh and Washington, to make sure the US troops at that Qatari base stay out of whatever fight is being set up.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

It's the best thing out of the ME this century. Take it away and what else is there ?

Saudis want controlled media and real journalists flogged in streets. Western media won't miss the competition. Al Jazeera is a mirror and ugliness hates its own reflection. The ugly countries wants to hide their cruelties from themselves as well as the wide world. We all know suppression when we see it

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavilThere are open and fair elections in Qatar too right?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but no there are not.

Qatar is ruled by an absolute monarch. There is an partially elected Legislative Council. People may think Al Jazeera is "free", but the domestic media is highly controlled.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Well, they say they do. I'm not convinced. But whether they do or not, Qatar's gas fields make them a prime target, and they're too small to put up much of a fight.

I strongly suspect that there are discussions going on between Riyadh and Washington, to make sure the US troops at that Qatari base stay out of whatever fight is being set up.

They are one of the top spenders for renewable resources. They have put in billion upon billions into solar farms, and are planning on spending large amounts of money on the newest nuclear powered facilities.
They want to keep their oil for one thing, and one thing only, exporting oil at their will to hold power. As their reserves grow, their power grows.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That's interesting.

I kinda have to laugh at Saudi Arabia asking any country to stop supporting terrorism, since they are effectively the nation that engages in the most support of terrorist organisations across the middle east and abroad.

And Al Jazeera isn't any more or less of a propaganda tool then RT, or any of the American MSM outlets etc.

Considering the largest Middle Eastern US base is in Qatar, I'm surprised Rex and Donald haven't been more vocal in supporting negotiations that are fair and sensible.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Now we know which outlet merits a little more attention from us. Thanks for the tip, Saudi Arabia!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join