It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologists set up huge tent next to Grenfell Tower to ‘heal’ victims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
SOURCE

Just when you thought the Grenfell tower tragedy couldn't be anymore depressing.... Xenu.

A journalist at the scene said, ‘Everyone who’s approached them has told them to f*** off.’

Members of the controversial Scientology religion have set up a huge tent near Grenfell Tower – allegedly to ‘heal’ victims.

Devotees of the religion were seen handing out leaflets and offering massages in the wake of the disaster.

The tents had slogans saying ‘communication’ and ‘conflicts’ – and appeared over the weekend in the area near the tower.

People in the area were disgusted, describing the members of the controversial religion as ‘vultures’ who are ‘trying to capitalise on people’s heartbreak’.

It should be noted that Scientology's membership has declined steadfastly in the wake of Leah Remini and Going Clear. Scientology watchers (mostly comprised of defectors) have reported that the number of Scientologists in the world today is somewhere around 50,000. They recently built a new facility in Ireland, although the yellow vans and tents look new.

The responses on Twitter have been appropriate:

Germaine Arnold
@germainearnold
Can't believe these scientology goons are recruiting next to Grenfell Tower. Vultures #grenfelltower
10:22 AM - 18 Jun 2017

The Rooty's Tweeties
@Rootbrian_
#scientology get out of the damn way LEECHES! RT @DawnHFoster: The Scientologists are not very popular at Grenfell
2:50 PM - 18 Jun 2017

Clau Dio
@CGLmedianews
Really??? #Scientologists have a tent close to #GrenfellTower to "heal". People approach them to tell "f**k off!" dailym.ai...
9:07 AM - 19 Jun 2017

The church did manage to go on the record with a statement about their presence at the Grenfell tower:

A spokesman for the Church said volunteer ministers have simply been there to lend a hand to those who lost people in the fire.

“We have worked with hundreds of other people in many ways, doing whatever was needed to somehow lend a hand to help the survivors and those who lost loved ones.

“We have sorted mounds of donated clothes, toys and boxed them up, and then transported several tons of such boxes to storage facilities for distribution later, when the survivors and displaced have homes to live in,” they told Mail Online.

The church said “99 per cent” of the response has been positive and their teams were “trying to make a positive difference” on the ground.

And just for context I provide you with this to ponder:

par·a·site
ˈperəˌsīt
noun
an organism that lives in or on another organism (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the host's expense.
derogatory
a person who habitually relies on or exploits others and gives nothing in return.
synonyms: hanger-on, cadger, leech, passenger

On the plus side I would say, their idea to exploit a national tragedy has gained them a ton of negative publicity in the UK.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

aren't they the fall guys for the Elite ?

their idea to exploit a national tragedy has gained them a ton of negative publicity in the UK.

like we didn't see this coming ?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Have they properly calibrated their stress meters?? There should be plenty of stress available there for them to make proper calibrations.

#ING IDIOT SCIENTOLOGISTS! Wheres a sucker punch when you need one??

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Convert the Muslims to Scientology, thats the way to a better world.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

The church of Scientology is a blight on this world. The cold, calculated cruelty towards even their own members is appalling. Gullible and vulnerable people have devoted their lives and life savings to this nonsense, only to be continually harassed and stalked when they begin to question.
Makes my blood boil.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: ZaneDog

Convert the Muslims to Scientology, thats the way to a better world.

I must admit that idea is creative.

It seems like Scientologists would be easier to defeat than jihadis.

edit on 6/22/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well really?
While I agree Scientology is a little scrupulous, I am inclined to think, while very silly and open to suggestion
Are the followers deserving of such hate?
Maybe a little kindness and support might even encourage those wrapped in scientologies tentacles a hand out, rather than spewing hate at them and causing their followers to retreat deeper into its poisonous doctrines
People join these society's because they feel isolated, it becomes perpetual

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Pretty sure most people will see this as tasteless opportunism. If I remember correctly, they were denied charitable status in the UK because they're identified as a cult not a religion.

If I got that wrong, im still on my first coffee and only just got up.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Clearly under the guise of aid it gives them a reason to be at all tragic events, there to siphon off all the negative energy into their E-meters...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Free massages?

They're national treasures!

link   
Scientology is dieing. This is them trying to be relevant again. They are using a tragedy to get free air time on tv.
Pay them no mind and they will go away.

link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Well really?
While I agree Scientology is a little scrupulous, I am inclined to think, while very silly and open to suggestion
Maybe a little kindness and support might even encourage those wrapped in scientologies tentacles a hand out, rather than spewing hate at them and causing their followers to retreat deeper into its poisonous doctrines

I'm a strong purveyor of the truth. I believe the best way to combat untruth is with truth.

I know they say they are there to lend a 'helping hand.' But this is the oldest trick in their book, and they have a lot of dirty tricks.

I feel no sympathy for any Scientologists who may have been heckled for their presence in London, even if they believe that they are doing the right thing.

The community spoke, they didn't like Scientology. So tough sh!t.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Parasites love a carcass.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This stunt is for charitie scam.. bloody scums.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

The church of Scientology is a blight on this world. The cold, calculated cruelty towards even their own members is appalling. Gullible and vulnerable people have devoted their lives and life savings to this nonsense, only to be continually harassed and stalked when they begin to question.
Makes my blood boil.

Careful, you'll start this thing called Scientologyophobia.

Lest we forget....

edit on 22/6/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
are you mad!? They would end up hybridizing int a super cult of fanatics that will start beheading people under the rational they will be reborn at the nearest birthing and will probably adopt headscarves into their uniform while praying five times a day to the sky or some other nonsense.

Scientology + Islam = bad #ing idea ...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hope they've got their licences for giving those free massages?
Would hate for them to get arrested for soliciting

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Scientologists set up huge tent next to Grenfell Tower to Exploit victims. This one thing that should be banned.

The slime bags are feasting upon traumatised people with the intent of exploiting them for their own perverted empire building.

edit on 22-6-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Well really?

I'm a strong purveyor of the truth. I believe the best way to combat untruth is with truth.

I know they say they are there to lend a 'helping hand.' But this is the oldest trick in their book, and they have a lot of dirty tricks.

I feel no sympathy for any Scientologists who may have been heckled for their presence in London, even if they believe that they are doing the right thing.

The community spoke, they didn't like Scientology. So tough sh!t.

No you are just an arrogant selfish tossa who's self righteousness will probably make people become scientologists

Hate breeds hate

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

No you are just an arrogant selfish tossa who's self righteousness will probably make people become scientologists

Hate breeds hate

If hate breeds hate, then when does that say about you when you lob unnecessary insults at me?

I don't hate anyone. And I stand by my statement that truth is the best remedy for untruth.

If the people want to believe in Xenu that's fine, but the organization should have limits. I cannot say whether I think what they did in London should be illegal, but I can say that it was in very poor taste and met with the appropriate response from those who were actually there to lend a helping 'xenu-free' hand.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join