It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Symba...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

He has weight management issues. He is a whopping 35 pounds and needs to lose around 15 pounds to be at his goal weight. How'd he get so..um...heavy? The article doesn't say...but it does say why he's up for adoption:

The 6-year-old cat recently lost his home when his former owner went into a nursing facility that doesn't allow pets.

Here's the good news: Symba had the tremendous good fortune to wind up at Humane Rescue Alliance. There, staff have found themselves completely charmed by this supremely big boy, who is "very sweet, loves people, LOVES to be petted," said Williams.

Symba's is not fond of exercise though. Here's part of his exercise routine :

This fat cat of Washington is currently healthy, but needs to lose some 15 pounds in order to stay that way — even if, like so many of us, he feels a little reluctant to do so.

He's looking for a home I guess...

So HRA is looking for an adopter who has a huge heart, along with the discipline to keep Symba to a pretty strict diet and exercise regimen.

"As much as we love Symba, as cute as he is, his obesity is serious," said Williams. "He really needs to lose the weight to live a good life."

Just found this and thought he was adorable and funny! Never knew that a cat could have weight issues ... I wonder how he got that large?

Thanks,
blend57

source

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
You need to cut off his lasagna quota.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

He's huge!

15 lbs? That's all?!?

Edit - honestly.......look at that first pic again. Lol.

edit on 16-6-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
jafo1973

Yeah..that is to reach his weight goal of 20 pounds. I think he would still need to lose a few more afterwards though..lol.

Mousygretchen

Lasagna is worth it! Besides, Garfield never got that fat from it... I don't think??

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

What a charming fellow. That first picture makes me smile

But damn, he's big! Too much of that good good.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I've had huge cats but they weren't fat. I have seen a couple of really fat cats and they were diabetic and did not live long healthy lives.

There could be a reason for his obesity. Hope he gets the life he deserves and the medical answers. I doubt seriously that their exercise is going to be the answer.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I've got one little, frenetic meatball that we've been trying to put on a diet forever!

She should weigh in under 10, but she's about 13. She has lost weight. When we had our hyperthyroid kitty, she got so big she couldn't clean herself properly.

The problem is that she is very bossy and steals food from the other cats even though we ration it out and feed them separately. I've never seen a cat eat so fast! And she just horns right in on the others' meals.

Getting a cat to lose weight can be a huge challenge unless it's an only cat because with multiples, you are juggling everyone's different dietary needs and feeding preferences, who will and won't eat in a closed off room, for example. Who does and doesn't eat fast ...

I would think they'd keep this guy isolated and on a diet until he slims down some before adopting him out though.
edit on 17-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join