It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Isn't 'Free'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Lots of people on ATS the last few days wanting to give people 'free' stuff. There has been the universal income people, the free health care people and of course the free university people to name a few.

The problem is none of these things are FREE they are in fact Government helping themselves to what is in MY wallet and yours. Now you might not care because you are on the receiving end of all this free stuff and don't have anything to lose, but you are stealing from my family and jeopardizing my future and that of my children.

Basically freebie people want to change the rules I have played with my entire life and change them to legally steal from you and I using the Government to legitimize this theft.

If someone holds me up on the street I have the right to defend myself. Shouldn't I be able to use that same force to defend myself vs. the freebie thieves?

I saw someone in another thread use this self-defense argument to justify the shooting of a Congressman playing softball.

I am not rich, but I am comfortable and that is not by accident. I worked my whole life to make it that way.

I'm tired of people thinking they have the right to give my stuff away.

edit on 2017/6/15 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Lots of people on ATS the last few days wanting to give people 'free' stuff. There has been the universal income people, the free health care people and of course the free university people to name a few.

The problem is none of these things are FREE they are in fact Government helping themselves to what is in MY wallet and yours. Now you might not care because you are on the receiving end of all this free stuff and don't have anything to lose, but you are stealing from my family and jeopardizing my future and that of my children.

Basically freebie people want to change the rules I have played with my entire life and change them to legally steal from you and I using the Government to legitimize this theft.

If someone holds me up on the street I have the right to defend myself. Shouldn't I be able to use that same force to defend myself vs. the freebie thieves?

I saw someone in another thread use this self-defense argument to justify the shooting of a Congressman playing softball.

I am not rich, but I am comfortable and that is not by accident. I worked my whole life to make it that way.

I'm tired of people thinking they have the right to give my stuff away.

Well my dear, this is sort of like the ET/ALIENS line of thought. They are tired of people cashing in on what was stolen from them and creating even greater income disparity.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I get it. My paycheck tells me every week. Have you ever thought which is the greater between corporate welfare and social welfare?

link   
Even if it is free to you....do you need it even if it is free.

link   
And the more that participate in this entitlement (each individual one), your cost of taxes will skyrocket, when they run out of other people's money, they will come after all of yours for the next group wanting free this and that. Some in these free programs have no legal right to be here, but have their hands out...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Liberalism is legalized thievery.

That's one of many reasons why I hold leftists in very low regard...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well said Metallicus, hard work pays off in this world, always has.

Life has never been about free and easy.. throughout time humanity has been disciplined and worked their collective asses off too establish a comfortable life.

I dont understand this mentality of people who expect hand outs and life to be a walk in the park...who do not feel pride and seek a sense of self establishment.

Rather have the government become a parent figure to them and stablize their little worlds.

When greed and laziness become one witin the collective, things will never turn out well..

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's funny to see the Trumpettes whine about "free things" when those "free things" are the best way to make this nation great again. Investing in the education and health of the general populace should be priorities of any nation.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Dream on. Tell that to the millions that worked hard all their lives only to wind up in a early grave. Most of the people are nothing but wage slaves their parents were that way and their children will also wind up that way. That's how it is in the real world.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
It's funny to see the Trumpettes whine about "free things" when those "free things" are the best way to make this nation great again. Investing in the education and health of the general populace should be priorities of any nation.

You are completely wrong as usual.

The way to make America great again it to invest in yourself.

Not have others do it for you.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Dream on. Tell that to the millions that worked hard all their lives only to wind up in a early grave. Most of the people are nothing but wage slaves their parents were that way and their children will also wind up that way. That's how it is in the real world.

I retired at 50 after working hard my whole life.

I still earn residual income from my investments and businesses.

Once your passive income exceeds expenses you win at life.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I retired at 50 after working hard my whole life.

I still earn residual income from my investments and businesses.

Once your passive income exceeds expenses you win at life.

They also pay taxes so nothing will be free for them. They are getting their investment in the government back in the form of healthcare and education. In some ways you are no different than those wanting free stuff you made some investments like they did in the government and now you are living off other peoples work. Earning money without really working for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ok so you won the game, and I congratulate you for it. However, some of us are twenty years behind you, and are still in the game. We need time to succeed. You know what would be helpful?? If I did not have to get billed $40,000 for a handful of X-rays at the hospital from a car accident in 2011, and the 9 nights I was in the hospital ran $78,000 . Then there were thousands of dollars of other misc expenses. It came out the total stay to be about $125,000 dollars AFTER the insurance adjusted it from the initial $250,000. Granted I had some complicated surgeries due to my injuries, but those were all billed separately by the individual physicians involved. Only the Hospital stuff was $125,000. I had a 10,000 deductible. I thanked God that was covered by my Auto insurance limits, which was only the PIP, and had a limit o $10,000!!

It was nice that I had insurance through work.

Honest question though, do you think its more important to spend $600,000,000,000 per anum conquering the world and keeping it under our influence, or take just a bit of it and invest it in the health of the citizens of the United States of America? Serious line of inquiry here. Do you think this country could do with half the defense budget, and maybe split the other $300,000,000,000 between Healthcare, Education, advancing renewable energy research and technology, and maybe housing assistance???

I mean clearly we have at least $300,000,000,000 to lay waste to societies across the globe still. Do you feel if they slashed the budget in half for defense, how would you allocate the savings I guess is my question.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You are completely wrong as usual.

Not have others do it for you.

How does one teach oneself to read? How to do math? These things are taught with the help of outside sources. Like this sentence of yours.

For this to be correct shouldn't it be "is to invest in yourself" not "it to invest in yourself"? Looks like you need to reteach yourself grammar.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

So, no one is stopping you from buying health insurance or auto insurance or home insurance if you want it? Also, if you didn't have to pay all the damn taxes you would have way more money to save.

I worked 30+ years and saved excess 'labor' I didn't need to live on so I would have income later. Also, after 15+ years in corporate America I decided to leverage the skills I learned and opened my first business.

A wise man once said you won't get rich working for someone else.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

How does one teach oneself?

In my case I worked minimum wage internships to get the skills and experience I needed to succeed. My first internship was for Chase bank in Manhattan. I made 3.35 an hour.

Looks like you need to reteach yourself grammar.

Seriously? I made a typo.
edit on 2017/6/16 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

In my case I worked minimum wage internships to get the skills and experience I needed to succeed. My first internship was for Chase bank in Manhattan. I made 3.35 an hour.

So you didn't teach yourself jack #. Internship means someone else taught you the job. You taught yourself LOL how pathetic.
edit on 2720000005830America/ChicagoFri, 16 Jun 2017 00:32:58 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

So you didn't teach yourself jack #. Internship means someone else taught you the job. You taught yourself LOL how pathetic.

I WORKED to learn from someone else. It's called taking personal responsibility.

You wouldn't understand.

No one paid me.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I think the point is he made an effort to go out and learn, instead of expecting someone to come around and offer to teach him.

It's called initiative.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Even you, with your business, would feel the pain of an extra $10,000 bill. You may be successful, but I know you are not a millionaire. You dont just drop 10k and be like "eh, well, # happens".

But, can I ask again, how would you allocate $300,000,000,000 savings from slashing the defense bill in half? Let us ignore the why and how of it and just tell me how you feel it could be directed for the benefit of America for Americans.

See the thing is, most of the developed world has Universal Health care, and even many developing nations. They may have some issues here and there, like EVERY institution that exists on Earth, but for the most part it works everywhere else. If we killed the insurance industry and adopted a similar model, why would it not work??? A universal, Canada, Australia, Europe type health system is the only way I could support and agree to mandatory payments. And in just such a system, maybe it will not cost $40,000 for a handful of X-ray, $9,000 for the anesthesia, etc.. etc..

Nobody is saying its free. But many people probably spend more on telecom subscriptions and cell phone/internet bill a month than they would for the price of Universal health care.

I wish you could remember that you were not always in the position you were in, and that you no doubt have met plenty of wonderful people during your journey towards success who had to suffer hard times due to medical problems they could not afford.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join