It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, multiple aides shot at Congressional baseball practice

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm worried also that he may not make it. Early on they said he would make a full recovery. I think Trump even said so in his statement.

Now critical condition after surgery.

Just seeing now that the Congressmen will be having the baseball game tomorrow as scheduled.
edit on 14-6-2017 by EchoesInTime because: sp

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I'm probably gonna get axed for trolling, but I gotta:

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

where the heck have you been for the last few decades for crying out loud??? fox news has been number one when it comes to lies, rumors and words!!! alex jones is just a hate filled wacko who constantly talks about the revolution!! who knows, maybe it was the conservative rhetoic that pushed this guy over the edge, ya know, a feeling of the need to defend oneself from the impending doom!
a reply to: dawnstar
If a civil war does start both sides are going to lose, badly.

I wasn't sure which one of these to post in response, so # it I'll just use em both.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Do you (or does anyone) know who was shot first?

I am wondering if we can rule out whether Steve Scalise was specifically targeted.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
This is exactly what you get when you have loose tongued democrats inciting people. The democrat party should apologize to America, admit they lost the election and pledge to stop making accusations without having the facts to back them up.....otherwise the next logical step is that retaliation will start to happen.

How old are you?

You just come off as someone way too young to be on the internet by yourself

link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Just seeing now that the Congressman will be having the baseball game tomorrow as scheduled.

I read that, too, and thought it was a premature decision.

link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I am wondering if we can rule out whether Steve Scalise was specifically targeted.

Based on congressmen's statements the shooter wasn't even 100% sure it was congressmen out there, he walked up and asked. He asked if they were Dem or Republican. He didn't ask who specifically was out there. So I doubt Scalise was specifically targetted, he just wanted to shoot Republicans.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Those details haven't been released

At the end of the video you can see Scalise laying in the field alone

Scary video

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Based on congressmen's statements the shooter wasn't even 100% sure it was congressmen out there, he walked up and asked. He asked if they were Dem or Republican. He didn't ask who specifically was out there. So I doubt Scalise was specifically targetted, he just wanted to shoot Republicans.

If that statement is credible. If Scalise was targeted for a political hit...I am not sure I trust that statement.

ETA: Also, Hodgkinson may have just asked the question to make it seem more random.
edit on 14-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Mental illness diagnoses are a bit more clear cut than the intentionally loose language of the Constitution. And like I said above, the only way you can be diagnosed with a mental illness against your will is if you're found to be a threat to yourself or others in a court of law. And the only way that happens is if you're brought to court by a family member.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
A 66 yo wacko won't be the catalyst to start a civil war.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Just seeing now that the Congressman will be having the baseball game tomorrow as scheduled.

I like the decision just as I was happy to see the concert for Manchester go forward the day after the London Bridge attack.

The bastards have to know that no matter what, they're not going to win.

link   

No, I am sure that they want to put up a strong front and let people know that they will not cower in fear.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

If that statement is credible. If Scalise was targeted for a political hit...I am not sure I trust that statement.

The guy walked up and asked one of the congressmen whether it was Dems or Republicans out there. To my knowledge that congressman is the only one he spoke to. Without someone else to corroborate it, who is to say? But what reason do you have to believe the congressman who stated that was lying?

Sorry I don't know which congressman said that, I'm sure it would be easy to find in the numerous articles.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Not at all.

Actually, he might serve the opposite purpose and bring back a certain level of civility in Congress.

link   

I'm worried also that he may not make it. Early on they said he would make a full recovery. I think Trump even said so in his statement.

Now critical condition after surgery.

Just seeing now that the Congressmen will be having the baseball game tomorrow as scheduled.

That's odd because one of the Congressmen said he was awake for the whole thing like they didn't put him under general anesthesia, only local.

Maybe he's spiking a fever. I hope he's OK.

link   

Here you go;

Only video I've seen yet

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That would be why he still had the right to own a firearm.

link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

No! I am not a MURDERER. Apparently, the right have some morals the left don't.

That is not how your post reads..."They drew first blood, going to war" etc... This means you are ready to go on the offence against 150 million liberals...

How would anything outside of defending oneself be anything other than murder, and there is no "defense" in your post.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: fleabit

Not at all.

Actually, he might serve the opposite purpose and bring back a certain level of civility in Congress.

Not by himself, no.

But if there are others moved to copy him ... all it takes is to move it forward to the level where people begin to retaliate.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

None, so far.

If Scalise dies though...I will probably question a lot and take nothing at face value.

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join