It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blocks one of the largest US Veterans groups on Twitter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
He should block Canadians while he's at it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Byrd

I'd think that is to be expected since they are a progressive PAC who support only Dem's. What's strange about that?

If it's a personal account, there's no problem with it.

HOWEVER... it's denying them access to a government (per Trump) information source.

I think it's not honest to say he is not a friend to Veterans and not point out that this group represents only people on the Left who do not support Trump.

I dunno. I remember a rally where he promised a lot of donation money to veterans... and donated later only after he was pressured by the media (remember this one?). He seems to have no plan to address the promises he made during his campaign.

More important would be has he taken any action that is anti-Veteran while in office? I think the opposite is actually true and more important than him blocking a group that's opposed to him entirely.

This isn't about "past history", it's about the "right to government public information" and the "right to petition government." Putting his head in the sand by blocking people who disagree with him is NOT democratic government.

What were they posting that got them blocked? That's what I'd personally like to see to have an informed opinion.

No idea - but go back sometime and read Obama's Presidential Twitter feed. Nobody was blocked on the Presidential feed, and there were 8 years of really horrible things tweeted at him.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Do you think Obama actually used Twitter?
Tweeted on his own?
Read his own Twitter account?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I heard the Obama account blocked people too.

But the "notification" standards were unique.

Why should accounts be subject to Troll attacks ?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

Do you think Obama actually used Twitter?
Tweeted on his own?
Read his own Twitter account?

Yes.

I take it you didn't read his Twitter or Facebook feeds?

He's on a number of social media platforms, including Facebook and I've seen him respond occasionally during the past 8 years (I don't follow his every word.) He did separate personal from government accounts and didn't make Official Statements on his personal accounts. He was one of the most tech-savvy politicians.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden
He should block Canadians while he's at it.
Why?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I heard the Obama account blocked people too.

But the "notification" standards were unique.

Why should accounts be subject to Troll attacks ?

(one more time) If this is his PERSONAL account, he has every right to block people. HOWEVER, Trump says that this is his OFFICIAL account (as President.) Blocking people is blocking their access to government. BTW, since Trump says it's his official account, that means he can't go back and delete things.

If it was a personal account, no problem.

I know this can be a confusing issue, but the rules are in place to keep the government from denying people access to policy statements and to keep the government from erasing statements and pretending they don't exist.

If he wants to start a POTUS Twitter (actually, there is one that's been started for him by the government... the moment he was elected) and put all his policy statements there he can block anyone he likes on his private account. But if he uses his private account for government business, it becomes "government" by default and he can't block access.

You seem to be mixing the types of accounts up -- I hope this clears things up for you about the differences.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
@realDonaldTrump is Trump's personal Twitter account opened long before he was in politics.

@POTUS is the official Twitter account proprietary to the office of the President of the United States.

The leftist political action group noted in the OP was blocked by Trump's personal account, not the @POTUS one.

One more time...

...except he doesn't use the @POTUS account. He uses his own and puts out government information and policy statements on his personal account.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Yes, he's blocked people before. This is a new action and it's directed against a large Veterans' group.

Here's their Twitter announcement. Note that it's followed by other veterans and veteran groups mentioning that they've been blocked.

Votevets blocked from viewing and following Trump's Twitter

Since Trump has declared that his Twitter feed is the "official word", his action is very much against the "open government" movement and against US policy. If he put out his official presidential statements on the Presidential account that was set up for him, then yes, blocking people from his private account is no problem.

He's talked about what a friend he is to Veterans, but he isn't interested in listening. Not all the VoteVets group were against him, but his move has changed that for some.

There is a HuffPo article about this which is critical of the move.

Yeah....Im a vet...never heard of them. What is it? Some organization pushing trannys in the military?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
That is kind of like saying"Trump blocked me from Facebook"big deal some lame social it's a personal choice

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
@realDonaldTrump is Trump's personal Twitter account opened long before he was in politics.

@POTUS is the official Twitter account proprietary to the office of the President of the United States.

The leftist political action group noted in the OP was blocked by Trump's personal account, not the @POTUS one.

One more time...

...except he doesn't use the @POTUS account. He uses his own and puts out government information and policy statements on his personal account.

So?

If it's not on the official one, then no problem.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

HOWEVER... it's denying them access to a government (per Trump) information source.

this is your thread, perhaps you can explain how Trump blocking some group makes them not able to read his tweets? Do you have a different version of twitter than the rest of the planet?

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

After the screwing he and the republicans are giving us, he will not want to see the responses. That moat around the castle is getting wider and wider.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

what does your bad attitude have to do with Trump's twitter somehow not being able to be seen by some select group of people, when the rest of the world can see the tweets just fine, even if they are blocked?

Most of what your perceive as Trump and Republicans "screwing you" is just the amazingly shallow depth of character shown by those on the left. At some point, you will have to accept He's your president and the only thing you can do about it is pray your party doesn't parade out another idiot for you to vote for in 2020.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

My attitude right now is very angry. Idaho voted for Trump and republicans and promised jobs. My daughter and another family member and others are getting layed off from their jobs. While the people in charge, republicans are worshipping the anti Christ.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

the economy where I am is booming. Small businesses are popping up everywhere and jobs are plentiful.
Maybe moving away from the middle of nowhere would be an option. Or just complain and hope you get your wish and a democrat comes along and saves your town.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
So... liberal group constantly annoys POTUS on Twitter. Gets blocked. Then cries about it as if they are the victim? LMAO

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

According to your avatar you live in N.C. Any state around or south of D.C. gets money pumped into it when an election is approaching. Lucky you, and hope your goodwill toward others comes back to you. So, that's the republican plan, refugees from other states? How long can that last.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Actually, my plan is to tell others to not be complaining about no jobs when other places can't find enough workers. Texas, Montana, hell, According to Obama, you have a choice of 57 states to choose from. Just don't sit in one spot and whine until you have ventured outside of your little comfort zone. NC is loaded, so we don't really need anymore people, if you come here, you have to live in Cary for 2 years anyway, and it's expensive.

Excuses are for weak people, don't be that guy.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

People get weak when they get hungry. I am well off. I am concerned about the next gen. Trump and republicans need to start delivering to the rural America what they promised. He can't hide from that for four years.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join