It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy things Children Say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
a reply to: veracity

What's creepy is that you sleep with your kid.

dang, i feel sorry for your kids if you have any

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

kewl, i dont think real aliens look like ET, but I sure hope they do

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The only thing creepy about it is that you interpreted it to be creepy.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

This "modern parenting" is sick. You keep them infants forever, which is why they can't function in the workplace as adults.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

it is very sad that you believe that. I hope when you do have children your views will change.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

it is very sad that you believe that. I hope when you do have children your views will change.

I'm in my 50's and retired. My children are all successful because I didn't baby them. I made them responsible for themselves at a young age.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

im glad that your children are successful, as are many people's children. I really doubt that you can attribute that to your lack of sleeping with them.

I can see now that you are just the judgmental type, blathering with no possible scientific proof to prove your lame point.

Its true that your judgements are sick and its even more sad that its coming from someone with age and more supposed maturity

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You've just shown me exactly how mature you are.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

This "modern parenting" is sick. You keep them infants forever, which is why they can't function in the workplace as adults.

I don't know if I'd equate co-sleeping with keeping the kids infants forever. Some kids (and by extension, their moms) simply sleep better at night when they are in the same room with their little one.

My oldest co-slept until he was about 2 (almost 3) because it was literally the only way I could get any sleep. Nothing creepy about it, it was just a matter of survival and sanity. Fortunately my other two were much better sleepers. There was no difference in how I was parenting my younger two, they were simply different kids with different needs.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

studies have shown you are actually backwards on this, adults that seek more comforting "babying" later in life didn't get enough of it as a child, while children who get plenty of that attention end up wanting/needing far less of it later in life, so that would mean your children are not strong because of you rather its in spite of you.

and really you brought the immaturity into the thread by veering offtopic for the sole purpose of judging and insulting another's parenting methods, did you welcome parenting advice when you went through it? so if you can raise your kids how you want to can't the ones you criticized here? else hypocrit.

back on topic now,
this thread idea has its roots in a reddit thread that reached over 14000 comments, it's a pretty good read www.reddit.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"I've made a list of things I want for Christmas"

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

My brother's son, when he was 4, once said something weird to him.

They were walking to a nearby park for the first time, and on the way back his son turned round to him out of the blue and said "I do miss the trains that used to come through here.".

He pressed him for more, and just said he missed the trains a lot. Now, there's no sign of any train tracks, etc. there - so he looked into it and there were trains there - about 100 years ago.

That was weird.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: youcanttellthepeople

that is really cool, also cool that you didnt just disregard it, you researched it.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I have read many of these in the past, and agree they can be quite unsettling! Never had one quite like that myself, though. Your case, wow! Perhaps consider some prayer against whatever was trying to influence her? Order whatever out? She's not giving in, which is good, but still, a child is so vulnerable to that, if parents aren't careful.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

What nonsense! A child sleeping in the same bed as a parent isn't about "modern parenting"; it's just something that some kids do. I have five, two grow, three teens, and all, at one time or another, were in bed with me. When small, thy can get scared, and want parental company, and there is NOTHING wrong with that. On the contrary, it shows them they can depend on their parents for protection. For a while, when living with my own parents, and my daughter, we shared a room. So what? She's successful, doing very well at her work, raising her own children, etc.

The creepy thing is that you assume something creepy about a parent and child sleeping in the same place.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Thas very scary, it remind me of a time I saw my Father stand close to my chair after death. It is deep a memory and I never forget. It still hard for my self to sit in that same chair der and to this day.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I have read many of these in the past, and agree they can be quite unsettling! Never had one quite like that myself, though. Your case, wow! Perhaps consider some prayer against whatever was trying to influence her? Order whatever out? She's not giving in, which is good, but still, a child is so vulnerable to that, if parents aren't careful.

Thanks.

I guess I wasnt so scared bc I have always read those "creepy things kids say" and i believe ive read 1 or 2 about the same she did. Not that its "normal" by any means but there is just nothing i can do. I have told them (shadow people or whatever) to leave out loud, and for myself, that seemed to work. If it happened more than once, I would have brought my psychic medium friend in to help. I actually did not even tell her about it...that is how "uneventful" it was in my life. I was more worried about her choking/drowning reoccuring "dreams/past death" that happened a few times a week. Even those have gone away slowly.

there is also a possible chance that I dreamed all of this, small chance tho

I also did not give a second thought to it bc in her waking earth life she is perfect...very smart and kind (would never kill me).

When I ask to talk about her dreams she clams up...so theres really nothing I can do. I do believe in reincarnation and that she may be having some flashbacks. Also, while they are young I do believe that angry spirits or (imaginary friends) can try to get them to do bad things and in their sleep may be one way...we just have to live with these seedy spirits. Im just glad we dont see them.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: T0rMenT0R

Thas very scary, it remind me of a time I saw my Father stand close to my chair after death. It is deep a memory and I never forget. It still hard for my self to sit in that same chair der and to this day.

Thank you

so after he died you saw him standing close to you? Was he scary or was it just scary that you saw him?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Why the hell not let's share my story (I've changed names of relatives just to keep it a bit more confidential)

Bit of background info. I've got two older brothers who have children but at the time of the first incident my eldest brother was the only one to have children. We lost our mother around 7 years ago back in 2010. Between losing my mother my grandmother had also passed away not long after

The first weird occurrence. My niece was very young when my mother was about and was about 5 years old when my mother passed. I heard this from my brother. One day my niece turned to my brother (this was after my mother had passed but not long after) so she says to my brother
NIECE: 'daddy I see spirits'
MY BRO: 'what do you mean'
NIECE: 'well I see a little girl she has blood on her but sings and talks to me but she speaks in a funny language. I also see other people who are scary'
MY BRO: 'are you sure you're not just pretending'
NIECE: 'No I really see them but it's ok because they won't hurt me because nanny Anne (my mum) is there and she keeps the bad people away'
MY BRO:'that's good I'm glad nanny Anne is there she will look after you'

Now this is where it gets a little more interesting. My grandfather (my mums dad) I never met as he passed away when my mum was very young and my neice had never heard of him at all before even as a family my mums dad was never really spoken about to anyone. .. we shall call him David

MY NIECE: 'nanny Anne isn't the only one who helps, great nanny Irene is also there with David'
MY BRO: 'Who is David?'
MY NIECE: 'that's great nannys boyfriend (she didn't know the word husband at the time)
MY BRO: 'how do you know who David is?'
MY NIECE: 'he told me so .. anyway nanny Anne is very happy she has lots of cats to look after she looks after the animals in heaven'

My mum was a big animal lover especially cats. A little while after going through some family pics we came across a pic of my mum and her sister as kids with their mum and dad. My niece saw the pic and pointed out who David is. Neither me or my brothers knew what he looked like.

A little smaller story. My other brothers little girl who is at the moment just turned 3 .. turned to my dad (her grandad) while she was at our house and said there was a lady sitting on the stairs watching us. When asked who she is she didn't say but said she was happy and sitting their smiling. My mother had passed away at our home and had always sat on the stairs while she used the phone

i don't know what to believe in regards to what happens to us once we pass but I believe it isn't the end of things. But until our times comes we just don't know

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Very interesting that she has a job looking after animals.

A book i just finished reading "We Dont Die" about George Anderson talked about having "jobs" on the other side. One boy (who died in a car wreck) had the job of greeting small children and animals that die.

I always wondered about animal spirits, do they have a soul. They just must. At least they transfer to the other side when they die.

I read alot of books about reincarnation, death, living, etc. Very different authors and books. They all seem to tell the same story or universal truth about death and the other side. Very cool.

No, it isnt the end of things. Our family and friends are sad when they die and we think it is the end of them. Its like they are gone on a long trip and you will not see them again in this lifetime, but you WILL reconnect again. Many people describe the other side as their real home. I am not a christian but I can see how Jesus was trying to preach that the soul lives on forever...it does. We are just in our earthsuites to learn lessons. I dont know it all, and I know i sound kooky, but I truly believe there is so much more out there we do not know.
edit on 19-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join