It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway to ban Face Coverings in Schools

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Prime Minister has just released a statement that agreement has been reached on forbidding face coverings in all levels of school in Norway:

This rule will apply to every school from kindergarten to university, and private schools. This is in agreement between the Arbeiderpartiet, KrF, Senterpartiet and Venstre, so it is pretty universal and certain it will pass. They also agreed to make it easier to get temporary work permits for asylum seekers to combat poverty/hopelessness. Hopefully some more good news toward integration and happiness!

The best thing about this is that it is not singling out religion or trying to persecute a group, as it applies to balaclavas (finlandshette), costume masks, niqab, any face covering. It is about psychology. The Education Ministry believes that face coverings on teachers will hinder communication and connection to the students, and students will become ostracised and be seen as different.

This is absolutely true. Even infants recognise faces early, and in studies it has been proven that abstract faces (2 dots, dash and a line for mouth) will elicit a response from babies. Reading the face is a necessary part of communication development.

Ministry of Education accepts that before termination/expulsion for violation, there is to be dialogue on the matter. The Ministry believes that clothing covering part of the face can not be regarded as such a serious breach that a person should be terminated. So it sounds like not a very serious, unenforceable matter. They also implied that this effects so few people that it is more of a political move than meaningful.

The Student Union believes this will lead to students having to choose between higher education or religion, and would lead to trouble! I have to agree. The only cure for extremism is education/exposure that shows people that we are all human. If a youth is forced to choose between liberal education and traditional religion, they will likely not want to disappoint their parents. And if they are wearing a face covering, their parents are very conservative. A more likely outcome is that they resent the system that discriminates against their parent's choice.

So there has to be a balance, between culture and psychology. It is a catch-22 though. If you want someone to see that secularism is the answer, they need to be exposed to it. And in order to be exposed to it they need to be dressed secularly. Hmm. Where do they turn then? Islamic educator? If we turn people away we may end up making the problem worse.

Note that this is not about 'headscarves' or anything, just face covering, so I fully support it. But people are still calling to ban anything religious everywhere because they want to live in a fascist state where adults are told what to wear!

Aftenposten

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Good, give some freedoms to this poor disadvantage females, they have not need to cover their entire face.

This is Sharia bull crap and that is the part of Islam that should be banned from all civilized countries in the world, this nothing but degrading to females.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
But what about Zoro School or Lucha libre School.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Lucky enough it's Norway.

Zorro Schools and Lucha Libre schools are in Spain and Mexico.

So they are safe... for now.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Nice way to tackle the religion of peace without offending it.

Though I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they blew it. Literally.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
DIG!

Use It Or Lose It: The Freedom of FACIAL Expression!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Technically it's taking away freedom from women who aren't disadvantaged and want to wear what they wish, but the important part is the social development aspect.

a reply to: Shuye
More like, Scandinavians focus on the actual issue (child development) and not what people want to wear. Their religious clothes are still allowed in public, this is for schools only.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I wonder if they will ban the Pantifa.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Still I'm sure Muslims will not be happy (or cooperative) about it.

They don't bend to Western rules, as it can be seen anywhere in Sweden.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Good , it's the kind of common sense move I'd expect from a Scandinavian country , there is no place for a kid to be covered up in such away especially in schools with younger children.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I think the real catch 22 is people are fleeing the areas they came from and then trying to preform the same actions that made those places so volatile in the first place..... not that the covering of ones face will lead to a bad situation in and of itself, but the entire subjugation of women culture is inclusive of multiple practices, this being one of them, if you want to integrate into another people's culture, when in Rome.....

edit on 12-6-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No one should have to walk around wearing a mask

No one should be forced to wear a mask when they go out in public

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye
That is wholly untrue. It sounds like you have never even been to Scandinavia.
And the entire top comments are from Muslims who supported the move. Deny Ignorance!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I cant read a word of that image.

But the one thing I'm guessing that hasn't been brought up in the debates surrounding the issue is the fact that Ninja's have now effectively been banned from getting an education there.

BIGOTS!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It should banned... not just in schools but everywhere... I've even seen children as young as 5 not being able to see their Mother's face because of these Niqab things and that's going too far.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Does this apply to Ninja school?

-Chris

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

So if I haven't been in Sweden, what am I missing?

Cultural enrichment?

The reformation of Islam in Scandinavia?

I know there are some good Muslim minorities, have met them myself many times... But it is the other noisy minority that will not accept these new laws above theirs. And they will burn a school just to prove a point, just like they also do.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There’s no verse in the Quran telling woman to cover their faces.

So GOOD, this is a nutty Wahhabi cult thing…THEY SHOULD BAN IT.

And countries have every right to ban it!

In-fact before nutty Erdogan got in the Turks use to ban it

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
btw people…THIS IS NOT IN ANY SHARIA!

It’s a Wahhabi and cultural carry over

You don’t see this in any other countries but Saudi Arabia or Wahhabi influenced countries like Pakistan and Afghanistan

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I'm seeing you guys going nuts lately about defending Sharia Law from all the abuses against women, children, etc, and the other barbarisms of Islam.

So I'll keep challenging you lot to make a nice thread detailing the in's and out's of this stuff for the rest of us.

And until one of you finally rise to the challenge (of effectively defending this ideology you're so obsessed with defending assuming it can effectively be defended) then you'll keep giving us the impression it cant effectively be defended.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join