It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe What You Want

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So, yeah, believe what you want, but stop inflicting your beliefs on others.

This applies to everyone...politicians, the religious and climate nuts. I don't bother anybody and I just want to be left to enjoy my life and my family so stop inflicting your dogma on other people.

I don't agree with everything people do, but I also don't go out of my way to impose my belief system on others. I might bitch about it on ATS and maybe try to change your mind, but I wouldn't try to do anything that would force you to change your life or compromise your individual freedom to make your own mistakes.

If you believe in something then be the change you want, but don't force others to deal with your priorities...you don't have that right.

Thanks.

edit on 2017/5/24 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree actually.

I might bitch about it on ATS and maybe try to change your mind...

I do that too, but even that I don't let spill into "real life"...

If we sat in the pub you wouldn't hear a word out of me about politics or religion.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't agree with everything people do, but I also don't go out of my way to impose my belief system on others. I

You just did with this thread.

o, yeah, believe what you want, but stop inflicting your beliefs on others.

I know this is a rant, but you know, You can't stop it. It's part of life. We get to hear what you have to say, you get to hear what I have to say. Listening doesn't mean accepting.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I'm much like him, but don't agree with everything he says. I just have the same way of thinking. I'm not a Left/Right guy. I just try to say my opinion to people without telling them what to do or being aggressive about it.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You don't demand change, you inspire it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

You don't demand change, you inspire it.

Unless you're a politician, then you issue your decree to change.

If it's not obeyed, you simply imprison or impoverish the peons who refuse to conform. ( for their own good of course. )

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I don't agree with everything people do, but I also don't go out of my way to impose my belief system on others.

By making this thread you did go out of your way to impose your belief system ("believe what you want, but stop inflicting your beliefs on others") on others

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

This applies to everyone...politicians, the religious and climate nuts. I don't bother anybody and I just want to be left to enjoy my life and my family so stop inflicting your dogma on other people.

I don't agree with everything people do, but I also don't go out of my way to impose my belief system on others. I might bitch about it on ATS and maybe try to change your mind, but I wouldn't try to do anything that would force you to change your life or compromise your individual freedom to make your own mistakes.

If you believe in something then be the change you want, but don't force others to deal with your priorities...you don't have that right.

Thanks.

But, this is YOU pushing your beliefs on people, expecting them to change. Hypocrite.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What if someones way of life indirectly has a negative impact on another persons way of life?

For example, a person wants the freedom to shop at walmart because of their low low prices, but that comes at a high cost to a number of other people. Businesses shut down because walmart came to town, people in the sweat shops manufacturing the products and so on.

Or on a bigger scale, what if a culture believes that the end of the world in near, so they stop thinking about the future, resources or the long term impact on their surroundings/neighbors.

I agree with you 100% that I don't like a$$hats telling me how to think or live, but I have just as much of a problem with people living as though they are the only ones that matter.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
To the two or three who jumped on this guy for "forcing his views on others" I don't see this at all. I've noticed here that sometimes someone will say something, like this guy, and others will do the literal opposite of that person's stated agenda for...some reason? Someone is always reeling a narrative that there are dictators, someone or something is being abusive or a dictator, and it seems to me like sometimes someone is just expressing frustration with an understood thing, pulling away from bull #, and just stating their case. What exact views is this guy forcing "down anyone's throat?" Seems like he's just had it with the #, my completely detached 2c..
edit on 25-5-2017 by mericks74 because: Oopa

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I agree.

Believe what you want. No one here can make policy or control freedoms of others. No one here can harm another, can control another. We're just letters displayed on a screen.

As a matter of fact, I cannot even offend anyone. No one can. Offense is something that is generated from within. It's internally derived, not externally originated.

What is absolutely mind-blowing, is what other people actually believe. It ranges from amusing to damned-scary.

But most people range from amusing to damned scary, so it makes sense.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I get what you are saying. But people only bother you because you let them. Don't let them.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Thanks.

But, this is YOU pushing your beliefs on people, expecting them to change. Hypocrite.

This may be the most idiotic thing I've seen said on ATS in a long time. The absence of belief is NOT belief. Setting a boundary to others is not imposing on someone else. I think you just proved the original posters sentiment. People who push their beliefs on others have no respect for other people's boundaries. The OP is not expecting them to change. But he is expecting other people respect his and other people's boundaries. People like you need a good punch in the nose.

edit on 25-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Wow, you're pretty damn bossy.
Here's an idea instead of telling us to shut up you just walk away and not read or listen?
You know instead of you trying to quash ideas you don't agree with.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Seems to have slipped his attention.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Oh?..
edit on 25-5-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: cynicalheathen

When did that ever happen?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Gugh
edit on 25-5-2017 by mericks74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Why do you have this fantasy he is telling some big "us" to "s# up." Or are you just fighting just to give you something to do. I'm defending a guy I don't know, but he might not be literally interested in a deliberate back and forth for fun. He might be literally meaning what he says. There's this thing on this board with people jumping on people out of some belief it's how convos go or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join