It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former C.I.A. Chief Tells of Concern Over Possible Russia Ties to Trump Campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
NYT

Mr. Brennan, the former C.I.A. director, said Tuesday that he became concerned last year that the Russian government was trying to influence members of the Trump campaign to act — wittingly or unwittingly — on Moscow’s behalf.

“I encountered and am aware of information and intelligence that revealed contacts and interactions between Russian officials and U.S. persons involved in the Trump campaign that I was concerned about because of known Russian efforts to suborn such individuals,” Mr. Brennan told lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee.
Continue reading the main story

“It raised questions in my mind about whether Russia was able to gain the cooperation of those individuals,” he said, adding that he did not know whether the Russian efforts were successful.

He added, “I don’t know whether such collusion existed.”

It was the first time he publicly acknowledged that he was concerned about possible ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.

He said he left office in January with many unanswered questions about the Russian influence operation. Intelligence officials have said that Russia tried to tip the election toward Mr. Trump.

Mr. Brennan became so concerned last summer about signs of Russian election meddling that he held urgent, classified briefings for eight senior members of Congress, speaking with some of them over secure phone lines while they were on recess. In those conversations, he told lawmakers there was evidence that Russia was specifically working to elect Mr. Trump as president.

I watched the initial part of Brennan's testimony before going out to lunch. I hope before anyone screams fake news people will stop for a few minutes and think about the fact that much of what's been reported through leaks, sources etc... has fleshed out as truth either through Trump's own mouth or Twitter account or during a press conference or interview or through testimony on Capitol Hill.

Some things to keep in mind:

Congress, the Administration (or portions of) as well as the intelligence community accepts as reality that Russia interfered in the US election.

No one has said that there is concrete proof that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia to interfere with the 2016 election.

Mike Flynn is under both, his own investigation as well as the probe into possible collusion between the Trump Campaign and Russia.

Subpoenas have been issued to collect memo's of several different members of the intelligence community and I believe now also the DOJ. No one has denied the existence of any memo's.

We are still at possible. No one is pretending otherwise. I'm not lying to you. You are safe... for now.

pos·si·ble
ˈpäsəb(ə)l/
adjective
adjective: possible

able to be done; within the power or capacity of someone or something.
"surely it's not possible for a man to live so long?"
synonyms: feasible, practicable, practical, viable, within the bounds/realms of possibility, attainable, achievable, workable; informaldoable
"it's not possible to check the figures"
able to happen although not certain to; denoting a fact, event, or situation that may or may not occur or be so.
"a new theory emerged about the possible cause of the plane crash"
synonyms: conceivable, plausible, imaginable, believable, likely, potential, probable, credible
"a possible reason for his disappearance"
antonyms: unlikely
able to be or become; potential.

+4 more 
posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ok, so where's the evidence?....

Edit :
Surely there should be some by now. What with all these sources.

But there's not, just speculation and musings from leftist appointees and political operatives.

Exactly the same thing the left claims when Clinton's criminal enterprises are brought up.

Funny how that works isn't it?
edit on 23-5-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Could/would Mike Flynn or any other persons found to be working with the Russians during the campaign be charged with treason?

Is that possible?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Still none. Probably 100 threads on this subject and still none.

Safe from the start and still safe as kali has confirmed for us (as if anyone needed confirmation)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I just want to know the truth. I have my own set of beliefs but I want the truth to be exposed, the American people deserve it.

link   
And like everyone else, Brennan offered no factual evidence. In fact when asked, he said I don't deal in evidence, I deal in intelligence. Ok, well then, please present the intelligence. But of course he his behind "oh well its classified" . If they were any kind of serious about actually presenting their alleged facts, people with authority would be stepping all over themselves to declassify it.

It strikes me how most people who continue to cling to this circus do not see it is nothing more than theatrics to distract from global events. The impending end of our currency hegemony, the continue encroachment of rival powers within our traditional spheres of influence, the growing world war.

In any case, I don't expect this to get anywhere beyond the nightly press entertainment.

link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

He added, “I don’t know whether such collusion existed.”

There isn't any.
They couldn't keep it secret this long if there was.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Being collected or in possession of Congress I would imagine.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'll be critical, I think there is a valid concern for any kind of possible collusion.

I just don't believe this russian collaboration narrative. Not after what I've seen throughout this campaign and election season.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I have no idea. We don't know the extent of what Flynn did yet. We know that he didn't disclose his lobbying for Turkey and met undisclosed with Kisslyak.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The United States is a loser on so many levels. We have North Korea thumbing their nose at us. We can't get our Healthcare System together. We give the Russians great power over our mainstream media and election processes. Our infrastructure is way behind many other countries.

A laughingstock to the world.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

It's very early into any of these investigations and a lot of material is classified. Things will come out as e go along. Do you have issues with discussing the matter as it unfolds?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
The United States is a loser on so many levels. We have North Korea thumbing their nose at us. We can't get our Healthcare System together. We give the Russians great power over our mainstream media and election processes. Our infrastructure is way behind many other countries.

A laughingstock to the world.

Then you should move...
I'll pay your ticket to Pyongyang...I'm sure they'll love you.

-Chris

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We're to trust CIA people, whose job is to overthrow foreign governments, rig elections, murder people, assassinate people, run drugs, run guns, fabricate intelligence to justify imperialist wars that cause mass death & destruction, blow up babies via drone strikes, create & support Islamic terrorism cells, maintain the continuity of the international drug supply chain racket, spy etc, and lie to the everyone including the American public as needed to 'protect' those operations???

The bitch of working as part of the most dishonest institution in the American experience is, well, you're a subversively murderous liar by profession.

And I hate liars.
edit on 23-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime

Could/would Mike Flynn or any other persons found to be working with the Russians during the campaign be charged with treason?

Is that possible?

Nope.
www.law.cornell.edu...

But advocating the overthrow of the government is gonna get some of these assholes in hot water.
www.law.cornell.edu...
edit on 23-5-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Was this really necessary? There is nothing new being brought to the narrarive and this is only parroting the same concerns we've been hearing about since the beginning.

100 threads later and we are still safe, whew..

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Move along then.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

My only issue is a creating a new thread for every single individual who makes his testimony on the subject and their grandma. You could easily have added this to the any other dozen or so threads that pretty much cover the same exact topic.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Sounds messy. I like separation.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Meanie.

Fine, I will just make sure to call you out the next time you complain about "oh, another thread blah blah blah"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join