It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel Halt returns to Rendlesham: "something extraordinary happened here.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

but why fabricate a story of this magnitude do you think knowing as I mentioned the potential damage it would do to their careers?

Sorry if I didn't make my point clear.

What I was alluding to is that one or more of the 'fab-four' are/were not putting their career at risk.

They were under orders (or implanted with false memories) to put out this UFO story. A story with conflicting testimonies. Perhaps done to cover up something else. Something that is so important that the truth cannot even be told today.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

a very X-Files type answer my friend. And I am not being critical. Would you have any further comment about what that "something else" cover up might entail?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
Rendlesham has always fascinated me. Here is a case with credible eyewitnesses, physical evidence (the trees that were broken off, right where they should have been), and what would seem to be a coverup by both the MOD and the Army. I for one think it was a probe. A small craft sent down from a mother ship to check out the air base. Wasn't there also some talk of the nukes going offline at the time this happened? I'm saying it's probably extraterrestrial.

I to also think it was a probe.

I have posted on previous Rendlesham Forest threads on what i and three others witnessed on 24th December 1980 ( two days before Rendlesham ). A probe fits the bill perfectly.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Halt did describe the light he saw as looking something like an eye as it meandered through the forest. Probe would make sense.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
In the far future they may do time machine test at that location.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

In the far future they may do time machine test at that location.

Maybe that's what it was..

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091

a very X-Files type answer my friend. And I am not being critical. Would you have any further comment about what that "something else" cover up might entail?

Well data! I probably know a lot more than your average ATS member on this case but there is also a lot I don't know about it. So trying to answer that question without speculating is impossible. However I think that's probably what you are asking me to do. This is not going to be short. But here goes. (I haven't even posted this in my own Rendlesham thread ). It is very X-Files and remember it is just a theory.

This is based on the history of the Suffolk area (radar and many other technologies have been developed and tested that corner of England) and the time the incident took place. It was also a period when non-lethal weapons were being looked into, the Soviets were employing the Duga over the horizon radar and developing anti-satellite technology (amongst other weaponry).

In the mid-1970s the US was developing a Space Shuttle and the Soviets were developing the Buran Shuttle. In the Politburo a guy called Mstislav Keldysh had convinced the then Soviet Premier Leonid Brezhnev that the Space Shuttle was actually an attack spacecraft and was going to be used in a pre-emptive strike to 'nuke' Moscow.

In Dec of 1980 US diplomats were still being held hostage in Iran. In Poland the Solidarity movement was threatening to destabilize the government there. Now it's always a cliche that this was the height of the Cold War. But with Reagan about to enter office and his anti-Soviet rhetoric plus the Europeans agreeing to accept Pershing & Cruise nuclear missiles on their land ,things were very twitchy. A lot of secret things were going on behind the scenes. You can even dig some of this out from documents released..(An example : UK laser and non-nuclear electro-magnetic pulse weapons).

Oh and the first time the Space Shuttle would be rolled out onto the tarmac was due on what day? December 29th 1980.

Remember Brezhnev believed that this was coming to bomb him into oblivion. There were also rumours in the early days of the story about the 'comets' being important and that perhaps a Soviet satellite had been attacked and even brought down. Soviet and Royal Navy warships on patrol off the coast of Suffolk and there was talk of something being taken away on a C-5 transport from Bentwaters just after the incident.

So I would postulate that military experiments were going on in the Suffolk area with some very exotic technologies being used at a time (Christmas) when the bases nearby would be operating at a minimum. Possibly to 'protect' the Space Shuttle and maybe to interfere with Soviet satellites. There were also natural celestial events that occurred over the Christmas period and this may have alerted the base.Then the Bentwaters airmen stumbled upon this.

I know that may upset some of the people who believe it was an alien spacecraft. But that's why I think it was just military and intel boys playing with their expensive toys. They possibly caused a potential international incident but it has been covered up with a UFO story.

I can't prove this beyond reasonable doubt. That's just me speculating to answer your question.

edit on 27/5/17 by mirageman because: tidy up

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I appreciate your very thorough answer MM, and I say this as a fan. Because you like me and so many others share a passionate interest in this particular high profile case.
I just like hearing everybody's own take on this, nothing more.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing. I always wondered what was your theory behind this case. You're a voice of reason on these boards

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Well said sir. As the years go by the people involved keep putting thier foots in thier mouths and contradicting themselves. It's made a whole farce to one of the very best UFO cases of all time.
edit on 27-5-2017 by ziplock9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

After seeing very recent events between Nick Pope and members associated with the incident.
I have to say I think they are all frauds including Nick, any credibility this case had has been destroyed.
I'm out.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BullwinkleKicksButt

The whole case is like a badly written reality TV show starring four main characters; Chuck, John, Jim and Larry. Allegiances are continually shifting and certain characters have 'jumped the shark' with their stories on a number of occasions. Other characters come and go but it still feels like someone is controlling it all in the background. Especially with the 4 main players.

I was not sure about Nick Pope's recent involvement. But it takes just one peek at FB. It becomes obvious that the toxicity of the case has risen to the surface yet again. I will not repeat much of it here. Other than to confirm Peter Robbins has announced that he has severed all ties with his "Left at East Gate" co-author, Larry Warren. Specifically because of a number of fabrications made by Warren about his involvement at Rendlesham and his recent threats of aggression to various people. There is a very public squabble going on in a number of places on the web other than FB. But I don't feel it's appropriate to repeat much of it here.

There still remains a core of a story if you are prepared to peel away the mythological layers added on over the years. But I can also understand why people don't persist with it. Maybe that's the way someone planned it it be?
edit on 28/5/17 by mirageman because: edit

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
There still remains a core of a story if you are prepared to peel away the mythological layers added on over the years. But I can also understand why people don't persist with it. Maybe that's the way someone planned it it be?

”I was held up for a while but was allowed out in the area and that is where I met up with Halts party.”

“I was told by Halt when I met up with them that something landed the third night and by Bustinza also.”

”He never said what landed just something landed he then pointed up in the sky and showed me the blue lights that were flying around. As we watched them that’s when we saw one of them beam lights inside the [weapons] storage area and the radio traffic went nuts.”

”I was with Halt and we could see the beams of light going down into the [weapons storage] area and we could hear everything going on inside the area as it was happening. We couldn’t see the area but we could see the lights going down in the area and could hear what was going on. ”

”After that something then appeared in the distance which is what Bustinza and I went after.”

”We both could see it and it was white yellow red and blue.”

”Bustinza and I were running together and he fell down and I kept running. As I was getting close to it all of a sudden it was gone and I was just standing in the field. I don’t know what happened.

Bustinza told me he was knocked down and held down afterwards he stated he could not stand up until after whatever it was, was gone and I was standing alone in the field.

Halts party was behind us several hundred yards.”

“There was some missing time. I.e. I got very close to something and then it was gone and I have no idea what happened in between”

John Burroughs, old Rendlesham forum, somewhere around 2010 (before the 30th anniversary conference)

“We did see the object again. It was hovering low, like moving up-and-down anywhere from 10-to-20 feet -- back up, back down, back up. There was a red light on top and there were several blue lights on the bottom. But there was also like … rainbow lights on top, several other colors of light. … It was a tremendous size. It even surprised me that it was able to fit into the clearing. A tremendous size -- and I use the word 'tremendous' carefully. It was a round, circular shape. I hate to say like a ‘plate’, but it was thicker at the center than it was at the edge.”

"It was gone in a flash, almost like it just disappeared. When it left, we were hit by a cold blast of wind which blew toward us for 5-or-10 seconds. … It was a really scary feeling. … I was just frozen in place at first … my life actually passed in front of my eyes."

Adrian Bustinza to Ray Boeche, 1983

”But what I will say is Halt talked about the C-5 for the first time when we were filming strange but true.”

”Halt said one of the things they came in to check was the codes in hot row.... That was what he stated and I can say no more on that.”

“The only thing I know is Halt said the beams effected the codes on the munitions... ”

John Burroughs, old Rendlesham forum, somewhere around 2010 (before the 30th anniversary conference)

Red herrings anyone? Yes please!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My parents ran the pub in Tunstall, just outside Bentwaters, in the mid 1980s. I was a teenager and often drank in other pubs in the area. Our pub, The Green Man, was frequented by Bentwaters officers for a time, and we even had one stay with us (we also did bed and breakfast). I often wandered through the woods. And up to the perimeter fence to photograph A10s and visiting fighters.

But I only heard about the Bentwaters case, a few years after I moved away. Even though it happened just a couple of years before we moved there.

If something had really happened, would it really have been unknown to the locals? And never spoken about? The only people who saw it were some US servicemen, and none of their comrades spoke about it after? Not one person in the local community ever even heard about it? Because, I am sure if they had, it would still have been the subject of conversation, especially amongst teenagers, a couple of years later?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

It could well be that nothing much really did happen other than a number of US troops trespassing on Her Majesty's territory and that alone may be the reason for keeping things quiet. Most US servicemen would be on rostered tours of duty. So very few, if any, that were there in 1980 would be left on the bases by the mid 1980s. Perhaps the rumour mill had been well and truly closed down by then as well? Or maybe you just didn't come into contact with anyone who knew anything about the incident?

There is enough evidence to conclusively prove that a number of airmen were involved in incidents that involved them leaving the base including Halt's memo and tape. The story broke publicly in the UK during October 1983 with the News of the World front page headline "UFO Lands in Suffolk and that's Official". That's when I heard about it. A number of local people did report seeing things over that Christmas 1980 period as well. Gerry Harris is probably one of the best known local witnesses. Brenda Butler was involved very early on as well investigating the case. Remember as well that this was the 1980s and things like social media were decades away.

edit on 28/5/17 by mirageman because: typo

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

One minute in an interview they're buddies with Larry, Bustinza and Burroughs are talking about what Bustinza and Larry saw together, and now they're all at each others throats.
According to Burroughs, Halt is full of crap, Larry is full of crap, and Nick is talking about a whole heap of rubbish unrelated to the incident.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yep....Cabansag, Battram, Chandler, Buran, Ball and Nevels have spoken only rarely. Englund and Tamplin have never officially gone on record anywhere. It's almost exclusively the Fab Four...... Or if you're Jim Penniston the Fab 100.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Larry responds to Nick Pope's attack.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yep- but he presents absolutely nothing but his word as evidence. He's been taking legal action for years against people and nothing has ever transpired. There is a slim chance he was out off on the periphery of things at Rendlesham.

In recent times his credibility is falling apart because of spurious claims he was friends of many famous people and that he worked in the music business for years. He was even a boyfriend to May Pang according to Larry. He claims all these things in that video as well.....

He has even claimed this picture is genuine of an 18 years old Larry with John Lennon in late 1980. He makes no mention of meeting Lennon in his 1997 book.

Even though he looks about twice as old as many other pictures of Larry in his late teen years.

If you want to read the whole sordid story I highly recommend Sacha's blog.

sacha-christie-infomaniachousewife.blogspot.co.uk...

Go back through her old posts. She gave Warren a roof over his head for a time and has built a huge mountain of evidence against his claims. However a lot of this is pending legal action. I do know a lot more things than I've posted here. But other than to say Warren is losing friends and credibility rapidly I think it best to leave it there.

It's nothing more than a distraction from the incident itself.

edit on 30/5/17 by mirageman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I just posted as an update.
In terms of interest in this as a genuine ufo incident, it couldn't be any lower.
Count me as a disbeliever.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join