It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director James Comey Testified Under Oath That Trump Didn't Obstruct Investigations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Title changed to fit.
Original title:
"BREAKING: FBI Director James Comey Testified Under Oath May 3rd That The Trump Administration Doesn’t Obstruct Investigations"

Former FBI Director James Comey testified under Senate oath May 3rd that the Trump administration had not pressured his agency to halt any investigation for political purposes.d J. Trump, and exposing for what it is a new political witch hunt Wednesday by enemies within the president’s own Justice Department.

Just in case you think the above statement is fabricated, there is video proof that Comey testified under oath, May 3rd, before the Senate Judiciary Committee, that he has NOT been pressured to stop any investigations.
You know, actual proof of him saying this, under oath, unlike the half baked propaganda being spewed by MSM recently.
Here is the video, skip to about 30 sec in.

So either Comey lied under oath or this whole BS narrative being pushed is just agenda driven propaganda.

Transcript

“So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?” asked Sen. Hirono of Comey during the question-and-answer period of his testimony. “In theory, yes,” replied Comey.

Hirono pressed: “Has it happened?”

Comey said, “Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that – without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason. That would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.”

GotNews

ETA: The conversation between Comey and Trump that the supposed memo is about took place on Feb 14th according to CNN.

The conversation on February 14 was "more Flynn focused," not about the overall Russia investigation or the other associates under scrutiny.

CNN
edit on 5 18 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Fixed, nvm.

+18 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

So now what is everyone going to scream about next?

What's the next half baked, fabricated leak that will gain traction and dominate the MSFM?

+17 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Good find!

COMEY:
Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that -- without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don't see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I'm talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason, that would be a very big deal. It's not happened in my experience.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Wasn't that before the little private chat in the Oval Office which would negate the earlier statement?
edit on 18-5-2017 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

No, the testimony was on May 3. The Oval Office meeting was in February.

+11 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Wasn't that before the little private chat in the Oval Office which would negate the earlier statement?

Well, according to CNN, the conversation took place Feb 14th.

So it is HIGHLY relevant.

The conversation on February 14 was "more Flynn focused," not about the overall Russia investigation or the other associates under scrutiny.

CNN

+8 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Dastardly TPTB liberal democrat BS to attempt to discredit TRUMPTEGRITY! Boy TPTB are very unhappy that TRUMPY is the POTUS! The TRUMPINATOR is the best thing that has happened to the US since RR and gives hope for US folk. He will do his best to deliver on what he states!

Its TRUMPTASTIC for the US. Hope we in the UK have a new Labour leadership/team appear once CORBYNASTER has resigned on 8 June 2017! One which acts on the wishes of the people and its voters!

GO TRUMPY GO!

+6 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Good find! Those dates are a huge factor as well.

S+F

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
So the entire GOP are pathological liars. All these lies to destroy one woman and our country to hand over to the Bear Kingdom and rich corporations. I feel sick for the American children and our defenders, volunteer soldiers.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
If Trump threatened Comey, that would have been illegal and he would have been impeached.

+11 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Title changed to fit.
Original title:
"BREAKING: FBI Director James Comey Testified Under Oath May 3rd That The Trump Administration Doesn’t Obstruct Investigations"

Former FBI Director James Comey testified under Senate oath May 3rd that the Trump administration had not pressured his agency to halt any investigation for political purposes.d J. Trump, and exposing for what it is a new political witch hunt Wednesday by enemies within the president’s own Justice Department.

Just in case you think the above statement is fabricated, there is video proof that Comey testified under oath, May 3rd, before the Senate Judiciary Committee, that he has NOT been pressured to stop any investigations.
You know, actual proof of him saying this, under oath, unlike the half baked propaganda being spewed by MSM recently.
Here is the video, skip to about 30 sec in.

So either Comey lied under oath or this whole BS narrative being pushed is just agenda driven propaganda.

Transcript

“So if the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?” asked Sen. Hirono of Comey during the question-and-answer period of his testimony. “In theory, yes,” replied Comey.

Hirono pressed: “Has it happened?”

Comey said, “Not in my experience. Because it would be a big deal to tell the FBI to stop doing something that – without an appropriate purpose. I mean where oftentimes they give us opinions that we don’t see a case there and so you ought to stop investing resources in it. But I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason. That would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.”

GotNews

ETA: The conversation between Comey and Trump that the supposed memo is about took place on Feb 14th according to CNN.

CNN

Ouch....cant wait to see the backpedaling and crazy shenanigans that begin now.

Someone really needs to hold the witch hunters accountable and make them pay back the wasted taxpayer dollars spent on this junk.

Just because I am awaiting the quenching floodgates:

edit on 5/18/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
So the entire GOP are pathological liars. All these lies to destroy one woman and our country to hand over to the Bear Kingdom and rich corporations. I feel sick for the American children and our defenders, volunteer soldiers.

It makes me sick how everything is twisted to fit a political agenda.

ETA: By many, on BOTH sides.

+25 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I understand the constant let down is hard, I'm sure the next Trump scandal involving anonymous sources the MSM tells you about will lead to Trumps impeachment. Don't lose faith.

+18 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

That woman destroyed herself, you can only hide things so long before someone does their job behind you and finds out what you were doing wrong.

In all fairness, GOP/DNC, etc. They all lie, tell half-truths and worry about only themselves. Don't be fooled for once minute that there is such a thing as "An Honest politician".

Bankers, Politicians, and lawyers, all known for being compulsive pathological liars. This should be common knowledge.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
There is one 'out' for the propagandists(and Comey if he changes the story) with Comey's statement under oath - he was asked about the DoJ, not Trump.
That said, it would be highly unusual for him to be asked that question and not reveal the Trump conversation if he thought it was a big concern, given the DoJ reports to the President.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I am just going to assume he's guilty of obstruction of justice because I'm a Democrat. A least I'm honest.

+15 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Just flipped to CBS this morning and they are still pushing the Comey memo crap.

Journalism is dead, RIP

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I am just going to assume he's guilty of obstruction of justice because I'm a Democrat. A least I'm honest.

I have actually come to enjoy your posts recently.

Keep up the honest 'work'.

+5 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

unfortunately it destroys your integrity. guilty until proven innocent is not how our justice system is supposed to function nor is it american. im sure one day youll look back as many of us do, myself included, and shake your head at your younger self.

edit: and maybe its just a quip to be funny, hard to tell through text. if so cheers.
edit on 18-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join