It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cruise Movies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Tom Cruise Movies

I don't remember seeing a single Tom Cruise thread since I discovered these boards in 2014. So when I searched the boards to see if there were some already made I was surprised to see 1,450 Tom Cruise threads. LOL.

Anyways... you are probably wondering why I made this thread in the "Military Projects" section. Answer is that Tom Cruise has some of the closest ties to the U.S. military out of any actor. Sure, you got folks like Clint Eastwood, Jesse Ventura and Ben Affleck who are all pretty close to the U.S. military both in their lives and their careers, but I think that Tom Cruise is probably the deepest when it comes to being close with the U.S. military.

With that being said I was wondering if anyone else thinks that perhaps some of Tom Cruise's movies were directly issued and written by military project coordinators. What I mean is... obviously some of his movies are straight up U.S. military promotional vehicles to get people to join, but usually one would think that it was just Hollywood people who made it all come together. I thought that maybe some of his movies were secretly drawn up by the U.S. military but publicly they let on like it was all the work of your average Hollywood cast and crew. Am I making sense here? I might not be getting my point across.

I want to also use this thread to say how much of a fan of Tom Cruise movies I am. I'm not obsessed or anything and I probably haven't watched even half of the movies he made, but here's a reminiscence from a casual Tom Cruise fan who remembers this ultrastar actor on the big screen pretty much all my life.

My earliest Tom Cruise memory is of course "Top Gun" a long time ago in the 1980s. I looked at the Tom Cruise career filmography at his personal website (tomcruise.com) to see what I might've forgotten and it shows the old classic movie "Legend" to his credit. I don't remember him in that movie but I do remember that movie, vaguely. Then there was "Interview With The Vampire" in the mid1990s, huge hit. Everyone I knew saw that movie and loved it. Then there was "Mission:Impossible". Thing is, I missed seeing it but the advertisement for it was all over the place. I finally saw that one years later. Then we got the 2000s, when I saw a lot of his movies. "Minority Report", "The Last Samurai", "Collateral", one of my favorites "War of the Worlds", and then... I missed a lot of his movies until I went and saw "Oblivion" alone a few years ago. I'm not accustomed to going to movies alone, but it was an awesome movie and it blew my mind. So, when I look at all those Tom Cruise movies I watched over my lifetime I can say few actors have filmed so many great movies of such high quality. I look forward to seeing "Mission:Impossible 6" and the "Mummy" soon.

Feel free to comment any thing Tom Cruise and anything about the U.S. military ties to a select group of actors. I am interested in reading your comments.

edit on 15-5-2017 by Profundity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Profundity

Tom Cruise threads with #scientology? Yeah, that is the only thing that would interest me...all the other acting stuff is just entertainment.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Although I don't like Cruise's work that much, he seems to excel in action films, which many are pro-military. Spielberg picks him regularly to star in his films.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well, I can only think of three good movies that he was in . . . Top Gun, Far and Away, and The Last Samurai.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I cant stand Tom cruise. I avoid any movie he is in. When I was young and top gun came out all the girls thought he was hot or good looking but not me never thought that one little bit. I never liked him and then the whole scientology thing made me dislike him even more. But that's just me and I don't hold any grudges against those who like him. The last film I watched him in was the last samurai and I only watched it cos it was filmed in my country and lots of my friends made the set design.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Cloudbuster because: Added extra info

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Well the same as any other honest man, I wouldnt kick tom Cruise out of bed.

They should make a movie with military cooperation about doing a plot to eliminate Kim Jong Jr.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Tom Cruise did his best work in Tropic Thunder lol

Knight and Day is a great movie.
Jack Reacher is good too.
Tom Cruise is awesome, I think.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I enjoy reading about what a d-bag Cruise is. Stories about how his coffee has to be an exact temperature and if it's not he flips his lid and fires people and goes nuts.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Not a fan of Tom Cruise the man, but there are a number of his movies that are really enjoyable, particularly some of his newer stuff, Oblivion, Edge of Tommorow, Mission Impossible (although 2 and 3 are a bit hard to watch), Jack Reacher etc etc.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89
Well, I can only think of three good movies that he was in . . . Top Gun, Far and Away, and The Last Samurai.

No, He was the best in Tropic Thunder.

Because I didn't even know it was him till the credits rolled.

(last samurai was pretty good too, didn't despise him much in that)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Well the same as any other honest man, I wouldnt kick tom Cruise out of bed.

They should make a movie with military cooperation about doing a plot to eliminate Kim Jong Jr.

Hard to smother him with your pillow if you kick him out of bed.

but I am bemused and confused by your comment lol

most honest men would not be in bed with cruise, unless it was bait for the ladies.. I remember that advert decades ago lmao

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Not a fan of Tom Cruise the man, but there are a number of his movies that are really enjoyable, particularly some of his newer stuff, Oblivion, Edge of Tommorow, Mission Impossible (although 2 and 3 are a bit hard to watch), Jack Reacher etc etc.

Agreed. I dislike the man himself, and his choice of "religion" but at the same time I hate myself for enjoying many of his movies inluding the ones listed above.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

Tom Cruise did his best work in Tropic Thunder lol

Great minds think alike haha

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

He goes the extra mile for his movies, and you can see it too.

But yeah, the dude is nuts

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

You just named some of the worst (action) movies that have been released in the last decade. Reacher may have been ok had they cast someone other than Cruise. I am a big fan of the books (and was long before the movie), and the movie just does not work. Part of what makes Reacher who he is is his size (and that is just for starts), he is 6'5" and between 220 & 260 depending on which book and that determines most of what he does. It is very hard to pass Cruise off at 5'10" much less 6'5".

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Well I haven't read the books, so it doesn't bother me, how many movies stay completely true to the books anyway? Look at The Shawshank Redemption...Red was an Irishman in the novel.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Vanilla Sky
Knight and Day
War of the Worlds

Some of my favs

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Tom Cruise is one of the most overrated actors in the world. There are some movies i would like to watch again, but i can´t, because of Tom Cruise.
And the longer he was in business, the worse the movies he made got. I think before Scientology the movies were ok to watch.

But at least we are not harrassed anymore by Tom Cruise/former USA propaganda movies!

edit on 16 5 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Kinda shocked OP that you didn't list this as his first movie. This is the first time I saw him act. I don't see a link between his acting and anything military any more than any other action movie star.
I will say however that I'm sure he got a kick back from Fruit of the Loom after this scene.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

<<   2 >>

join