It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal loophole has the potential to change EVERYTHING.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think the war on drugs is unconstitutional and ridiculous. More importantly, marijuana has profound medical potentials for a host of illnesses and for quality of life for millions of patients.

Why is the government afraid of medical marijuana??? Simply stated, it has the potential to uproot the ENTIRE SYSTEM!!!!!

1) The DEA, FDA, Big Pharma, and Big Medical will all have to acknowledge that cannabis is a healing herb. It does not require chemical or genetic manipulation.

2) The DEA, Federal Government, and LEO will all have to acknowledge that the war on drugs is a direct violation of the supreme law of the land, which is the Bill of Rights. The 10th amendment is superior to the federal ban on marijuana.

3) Once the general public realize how oppressed they really are, the Federal Government is gonna have to change. Politicians are will need to meet a new demand for a new culture.

4) Canna-sense is obviously going to run into legal trouble, but it seems that they are prepared for that. If their showdown with the Government can be made public, their chances for success will increase greatly.

I posted this video in another thread about Jeff Sessions and his unconstitutional anti-drug policies...but I want it to become even more public.

This isn't just about marijuana. This is about the Bill of Rights. If you care at all about your basic rights, you'll share this on twitter, facebook, via email, etc. Social media and public opinion wields more power than a vote.

edit on 13-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Why is the government afraid of medical marijuana??? Simply stated, it has the potential to uproot the ENTIRE SYSTEM!!!!!

No it doesn't. There are plenty of substances which are an essential part of the medical toolkit that remain controlled.

I agree with your general philosophical point, but not your reasoning in this instance.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
For those who cant watch the video for any reason, canna-sense is an organization that has found a number of legal loop-holes which allows them to establish medical cannabis patients in any of America's 50 states, as well as deliver medical cannabis to any and all of those patients regardless of state laws. In addition to their wonderful services, they are willing to represent any and all of their patients in court (free of charge) should the LEO step out of line by arresting/harassing legally protected medical cannabis patients.
edit on 13-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added paranthetical clause

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

But cannabis is the poster boy for a very broad spectrum of issues. Its not just about the medical system. Its about personal liberties, industry, economy, states rights. On top of that, it is a very public issue. So it has quite a bit of potential.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
These are the exact same laws that Obama and the democrat majority failed to change or even address.

These are not " Session's unconstitutional anti-drug policies".

Sessions has absolutely no power to make or change laws. His duty is to enforce the laws passed by congress and signed by presidents.

How come nobody mentions the fact that the Trump administration plans to completely gut and defund the propagandist wing of the failed war on drugs?

Trump intends to cut the Office of National Drug Control Policy funding by 95%.

That would mean no more of this crap:

edit on 13-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
While I disagree that medical marijuana could uproot the entire system, it is ridiculous that it is illegal in so many states.

I mean, seriously. It's just a scapegoat now.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

If Trump can sign an EO telling the IRS to allow churches to get involved in politics without losing their tax exemption, why can Trump sign an EO telling Sessions to chill the F out?

Sessions doesn't have to go after medical cannabis. The 10th amendment doesn't even give him the right to do so, but when has that ever stopped the government?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I think the war on drugs is unconstitutional and ridiculous. More importantly, marijuana has profound medical potentials for a host of illnesses and for quality of life for millions of patients.

1) The DEA, FDA, Big Pharma, and Big Medical will all have to acknowledge that cannabis is a healing herb. It does not require chemical or genetic manipulation.

2) The DEA, Federal Government, and LEO will all have to acknowledge that the war on drugs is a direct violation of the supreme law of the land, which is the Bill of Rights. The 10th amendment is superior to the federal ban on marijuana.

3) Once the general public realize how oppressed they really are, the Federal Government is gonna have to change. Politicians are will need to meet a new demand for a new culture.

4) Canna-sense is obviously going to run into legal trouble, but it seems that they are prepared for that. If their showdown with the Government can be made public, their chances for success will increase greatly.

I posted this video in another thread about Jeff Sessions and his unconstitutional anti-drug policies...but I want it to become even more public.

This isn't just about marijuana. This is about the Bill of Rights. If you care at all about your basic rights, you'll share this on twitter, facebook, via email, etc. Social media and public opinion wields more power than a vote.

Before liberals the constitution granted us PROPERTY RIGHTS and those property rights are now long gone due to the income tax and drug laws.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TauOmicron

I think anytime someone has the power to legally challenge the Federal Government, they have power to change a lot.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Well, that's true, but the effects of what medical marijuana can do seem to be limited. For many of the health benefits it has, there are already effective synthesized medicines.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

There are Crohn's patients who have successfully managed their disease cannabis alone. The synthesized immunosuppressants used for Crohn's have some very nasty side effects.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Very few people have Crohn's disease, and out of those, even fewer suffer those side effects. The effects of legalizing medical marijuana are positive, but ultimately limited.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TauOmicron

Very few people have Crohn's disease, and out of those, even fewer suffer those side effects. The effects of legalizing medical marijuana are positive, but ultimately limited.

Perhaps only limited by your knowledge on the subject ?

I would suggest learning a little more about just how many uses and benefits this plant actually has.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I know very well that medical marijuana has many uses, hence why I do support legalizing it.

I'm simply stating that it might not have the far-reaching effects that the original poster implied.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You should see how many patients all over the US would be eligible for a California medical ID card. Cancer, arthritis, chronic nausea, chronic pain, MS, Crohns, and many other conditions are all legally treatable with medical cannabis. This has so much potential. Keep in mind that patients in all 50 states have the right to apply for a California medical cannabis card under the Compassionate Use Act, and that's how Cannasense works.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Right, but a lot of those already have effective treatments. Honestly, this is great, but there are so many other important issues that would have more far-reaching effects.

For example Obama/Trumpcare, abortion, etc.

The healing properties of medical marijuana are limited, and a lot of them have been synthesized in other drugs already.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I disagree. So many of our medical problems are rooted in chronic inflammation, which is a direct result of poor diet, lack of exercise and stress. People aren't going to rush to clean up their diets and get more exercise, but they would be more willing to smoke a little weed...especially if they're part of the millennial generation. On top of that, marijuana really tends to make people think out of the box. Its part of the dopamine reaction, so we're looking at a potential chain reaction here. Cannabis is a much more effective and affordable alternative to many synthetic and toxic rx drugs. People are going to love the freedom and accessibility to such treatments, and the whole time, the Feds are going to have their thumps up their undersides, as the culture continues to change.

The Obama/Trump Care is driven by the cost of medical care. Canna-Care can offer a cheaper and more effective alternative, thereby undermining the entire Crony-capitalist system.

Abortion is a 10th amendment issue, just as cannabis is. If the 10th amendment is upheld in one case, it is more likely to be upheld in the other case.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

It has the potential the render many expensive pharmaceutical drugs obsolete.

A friend of mine takes cbd oil to stop her seizures, it's the only thing that works. In her case the medical establishment have no answers. Another friend uses it to help chronic fatigue, again it's the only thing that works. They are just 2 of many anecdotal stories I could offer. I have read countless testimonials on the subject and I agree with the OP there is the potential to open up a huge can of worms here.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Oh really? The 'general public' doesn't even exist in the eyes of the wealthy and powerful (read big business) and they control the government entirely.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

They only control the government because the not enough people in the general public know or even care about their rights. I think that will change eventually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join