It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Sea: Archaeologists Discover Remains Of Egyptian Army From The Biblical Exodus

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
28 flags now for an obvious hoax.

edit on 11-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: silo13

There will be people here shortly with the tiniest of minutia to disprove this WHOLE find in one fell swoop.

I love finds like these, they just make me happier that I dedicated my life to Christ when I did. These things are happening now for the disbelievers I think. This may open a few eyes and hopefully soften a few hearts. The Bible is NOT a lie - nothing in it is.

Praise God.

I don't mean to dishearten you, you are free to hold onto your faith... But even if it was true, one true story doesn't make a whole book to be real.

CNN is a fine example of that.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I would recommend "Naked Archaeologist " (I get it off Amazon Prime..., but also on Kodi...) A great 2 year series...
Comprehensive proof that many Bible stories (old and new testaments) actually have a significant foundation in reality. I was amazed, and it is extremely well done. The premise is a Jewish archaeologist who hunts down many of the real locations and events of major Bible coverage. Really worth a look.

Note: Not as "religious" as one might think. This guy tries to show them as real people of the day, albeit with their "beliefs", he dwells more on the historical perspective using principles of archaeology.
edit on 11-5-2017 by charlyv because: content

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I read about this trail of stuff there a while back. It is real, the stuff is there. But whether it was from the exodus is not known, I guess they had a ferry at that area back then from what I read. So the artifacts may be from any event or multiple events.

I read what I read on an archeological site that talked about this area. Nothing there even referred to Moses, in fact the artifacts were from possibly five hundred years later or more than Moses. There is quite a lot of junk down in that location this refers to. They have no clue other than some evidence of a ferry there as to when and why the stuff was there.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

This references back to the fake news site "World News Daily Report" and I cannot find any academic reference to a Professor Abdel Muhammad Gader. The staff list of Faculty of Archaeology at Cairo University doesn't have that name, either.

I'd like it to be true, but I think it is fake news.

Also, the date of the remains seems a bit too recent for the Exodus.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Hoax! Really? Prove it!!??! Is there evidence of a "hoax"... there is an Egyptian Army at the bottom of a sea? There is no evidence of this? Where is the "evidence" of a hoax? I thought ATS was a science based forum. You remember science, "a search for truth"? Hoax my a**!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Hoax! Really? Prove it!!??! Is there evidence of a "hoax"... there is an Egyptian Army at the bottom of a sea? There is no evidence of this? Where is the "evidence" of a hoax? I thought ATS was a science based forum. You remember science, "a search for truth"? Hoax my a**!

Evidence is that this thread is now in the hoax bin.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
You seem to have no wonderment, of wonder, and the unknown. You seem to be set in your own belief, not open to the feelings and belief, of other beliefs. Very unscientific! How "right-wing" of you!

How? Tell me, oh "educated" one. How do the "remains" seem to be, to recent? Pray tell? Did thou not narrowly escape the sea? Wast ye narrowly cast down, with Pharaoh and his Army?..stfu! Tinhorn! You ain't got Sh*t to add.

(post by murphy22 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is a hoax that was published in World Net Daily.

Your post is hoax, as World News Daily isn't World Net Daily, snarf snarf.
worldnewsdailyreport.com...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: chr0naut
You seem to have no wonderment, of wonder, and the unknown. You seem to be set in your own belief, not open to the feelings and belief, of other beliefs. Very unscientific! How "right-wing" of you!

How? Tell me, oh "educated" one. How do the "remains" seem to be, to recent? Pray tell? Did thou not narrowly escape the sea? Wast ye narrowly cast down, with Pharaoh and his Army?..stfu! Tinhorn! You ain't got Sh*t to add.

Thank you for your endorsement of my educational background. However, if you knew me, you would find that I am fairly 'moderate with slight leftist leanings' in my political beliefs.

... and the article speaks of skeletons being dated from 1400 BC but the Exodus is conservatively dated 446 years earlier (the date assuming 12 generations of 40 years from the foundation of Solomon's Temple) but I would argue for a date perhaps as much as 150 years earlier than that.

And the clincher is that, even underwater in a highly de-oxygenated and low pH environment, animal remains (including bones) would only last a couple of hundred years at most.

The Red Sea has an average pH of 8, is stirred and oxygenated by seasonal flooding, is not particularly deep and is very temperate. To suggest that biological remains would last under there for nearly three and a half thousand years would be beyond belief.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Your post is hoax, as World News Daily isn't World Net Daily, snarf snarf.
worldnewsdailyreport.com...

I'm a CIA chat bot so I'm a hoax too.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Total hoax. If you start following the links its goes from one christian news site to another with no link to any reputable source

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Yep...and Ron Wyatt found the Ark of the Covenant and Noahs Ark too. Follow THAT trail......

Agree with you here...thanks

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I believe the Gospels, but I do not believe the Bible is inerrant. The Exodus story is completely false, one of the first lies told by Jews to make themselves feel like victims. The Jews were never enslaved in Egypt. Archeology, and ancient Egyptian record-keeping, have proven that. Therefore the Exodus never happened, and the Red Sea was never parted. The Egyptians, who kept detailed records related to things as mundane as beer sales, never even saw fit to mention something like the curses and death of the firstborn of every single Egyptian? Yeah, no. Even Jesus called Jews liars, though, and said the god they worshipped was not His Heavenly Father.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
So cool!

Over 400 different skeletons have been discovered by the team of scientists lead by Professor Abdel Muhammad Gader from the Faculty of Archaeology at Cairo University. The discovery also includes hundreds of weapons and pieces of armor, the remains of two war chariots, dispersed over an area of nearly 200 square meters. According to the archaeologists, more than 5,000 other bodies could be scattered over a wider area, which implies that it’s possibly a large army that had disappeared in this area.
source

The archaeological site is in line for further research in the following years and scientists are hopeful to recover the rest of the bodies and artifacts from what appears to be one of the most important archaeological underwater sites ever discovered.

Well, there ya go... The more science tries to disprove the bible - the more they find it's a living document.

peace

That's funny. Most libs call the constitution a "living document".

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You guys just cannot say it is a hoax and therefore it is a hoax.It works both ways people and snopes thinks all alien abductions are a hoax.This world is very bias.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Do you have a better source for this information? I'm trying to be nice, but the source provided is garbage. This very much looks like bs from what I can gather.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join