It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More land & more life on the flat earth: worlds beyond the poles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

You know you can buy these things called telescopes?
You can use them to look into the sky and see these other things called satellites.
You can see these objects called satellites moving exactly where they're supposed to be.
You can also use these telescopes to see other things called planets.
You can see that these planets are also spheroids.
You can also see the moon wobble if you really want to.
Add into that things like geometry to measure the difference in angle of the sun relative to the earth.

And that's just a few things off the top of my head.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So when Sputnik was launched and everybody in the US went completely out of their minds in rabid paranoia, that was in actuality a conspiracy perpetrated by both the US and USSR military's as a joint operation?

We seem to be working very well together on the ISS and in Antarctica?

Maybe the real question is if all the Russia US paranoia and propaganda is real or not and what's actually happening behind the scenes?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

So Earth is flat, based on politics. Gotcha.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

You should really watch this.

IN SEARCH OF THE EDGE is a comprehensive documentary proving, fairly conclusively, that the earth is flat!
Humorous, thought-provoking, and at once both absurdist and matter of fact, it presents a carefully constructed argument from a definite, well-researched "flat-earth" point of view, while dismissing the "global earth" doctrine as little more than an elaborate hoax.

The film is comprised of the conventional documentary mix of elements, including interviews with experts, stock footage, still photographs and animation, and is woven together with the story of Andrea Barns, a Canadian woman who devoted her life to convincing the world that the earth is flat.

This is an essential lesson in media literacy for a generation plugged into television. Provoke critical thinking in your students and help them to become aware of the devices used in documentary media; the history of scientific paradigms; and their own willingness to take things at face value.

edit on 8-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
21st century - Humans attempt to return to the Dark Ages.

it's funny how none of you brought up the point made in the OP about the quotes about flat earth on the Illuminati Card game card and what they may have been eluding to but you immediately go into full blown rage childish attack mode over the mentioning of flat earth.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The real conspiracy is the Universe is Round, not Flat like NASA claims, but people are always diverted from the bigger picture of the scams. Wake up you sheep, ITS ROUND.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

Strawman

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Actual video of Shambhala, inside the Hollow Earth!!!!

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well, for starters I never claimed I believed in flat earth, and I also put this in Skunkworks...

So before you go pointing fingers and calling others stupid why don't you open your eyes and read a line or 2 before jumping to ignorant conclusions?

Hah.

Hard failure on the zealots part.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Seriously?! A card game?

I guess we're all really numbers because the game of Poker says so. I certainly know who the Joker is.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

So now you question the validity of the Illuminati Card game?

Apparently you have never looked into it.

Why don't you tell me the year they were made and why that's relevant??

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And you saw sputnik?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

To what degree to you find arrogance acceptable in society?

People don't entertain the idea because you should be cognitively sound enough AS AN INDIVIDUAL to find it's round.

If I argue the moon is made of cheese, what degree must you take me seriously? You've never been to the moon. You've never tasted the moon. You cannot prove it isn't cheese, and it is, I have undeniable proof, there are holes in it's surface.

This is the argument you're angry no one takes seriously.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
it's funny how none of you brought up the point made in the OP about the quotes about flat earth on the Illuminati Card game card...

"Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. Dumb, dumbdumbdumb, dumb, dumbdumbdumbdumbdumb." - Five Nation Army

link   
teehee

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You made a thread with "Flat" in the name, sir, on the fence or not, that isn't being open minded, that's ignorance. The world isn't just round, it's obviously round. That is the issue. Your ability to find middle ground is.
edit on 8-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

It's a card game. Just like pokemon cards or football cards.

Scary!
edit on 852017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have physically stood on both poles.

I have seen the ISS (among other things) through my own telescope.

I have seen the curvature of the Earth while seated in military aircraft.

Short of physically going into space (which is certainly on the to do list), I have seen nothing that makes me doubt the known...all with my own eyes.

Granted, I haven't actually done all the math on my own, as;
A) I don't have the patience to do it all from scratch.
B) To go further than the already established is possibly beyond my personal skill level.
edit on 8-5-2017 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I never made an argument for flat earth.

Please, with your responses don't tell me about arrogance.

You probably read the title and assumed I made an argument for flat earth (when honestly I have no idea if the earth is flat or round or pear shaped or not).

Also... what relevance does the statement on the Illuminati Card game card have to the questions posed in my OP?

Oh right, you don't care I am stupid and arrogant and you don't have to read my OP because it has flat earth in the title.

Gotcha.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

We seem to be working very well together on the ISS

Because the astronauts are seperated from certain death by a few inches all the time , they have to work together at all times , and they cannot but personal gain first.

This is why i believe a expensive space progarm is a good thing , so we can learn we are not that different from one and another and we need each other to achieve great things.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join