It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Unmanned Aircraft Systems Test Facility Sherman Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Searching the FCC experimental database, I came across this request from Boeing for experimental frequencies needed for drone testing.

The buildings show up as far back as 1995, so I'm assuming this facility isn't a secret.

FCC letter

Purpose of Operation

The purpose of the experimental license is to test radio frequency (RF) components that will be integrated into the UAS. These components include a command and control uplink and downlink system used to control the UAS; a video telemetry system that will allow a ground station to view a video stream from the UAS; and a telemetry system that will provide measurements from the UAS.

Test Description The video telemetry system will be operated at a remote test site in Sherman, Texas. The configuration includes a ground station and a small UAS. The ground station transmits command and control uplink signals to the UAS and receives telemetry and video data from the UAS. The UAS transmits command and control downlink data, telemetry and video data to the ground station. There will be no actual flight testing during this test.

google maps

FYI the facility to the east is MEMC, a silicon wafer facility shut down in 2011. Anyway, not Boeing related.
edit on 5-5-2017 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Has this always being a Boeing facility?

The main building looks like a house. Paperwork request is from 2014 bu GE has the same "facility" in 1995

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just found this too. The former CIQ at MEMC (which is directly to the east of the Boeing facility) is now the Vice President of Information Technology, Business and Supply Chain Systems at The Boeing Company.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Looks like it was or is owned by Texas Instruments

edit on 0431215201731America/ChicagoSat, 06 May 2017 15:04:21 -0500Sat, 06 May 2017 15:04:21 -050004 by nepatitan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nepatitan

Back in the day, Texas Instruments had a systems group that did military contracts. That is they weren't just a semiconductor company.

I think the MEMC and Boeing connection could be as simple as the guy met some Boeing folk at the local watering hole or diner. At one employer, we didn't have a cafeteria but the company next door had one open to the public.

Anyway, good research on your part. Since the place isn't all that remote, with luck some local will see the thread someday and chime in.

I'm not really sure why I never played with the FCC experimental database much in the past. I'm finding much UAS data. (Hint: coming attractions. )
edit on 6-5-2017 by gariac because: typo

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Good to hear this, because I live very near this place. I worked at TI in the late 70's and my son worked at MEMC in the early 2000's. My hubby and I have seen weird stuff flying overhead for the past 2 years. Never know...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: du Pelican Blanc
Good to hear this, because I live very near this place. I worked at TI in the late 70's and my son worked at MEMC in the early 2000's. My hubby and I have seen weird stuff flying overhead for the past 2 years. Never know...

Keep a camera with a good lens nearby 👍
edit on 5/11/2017 by weavty1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I live there....so

When the city voted the ok.....for Texas Instruments, the city didn't know they would burn all the waste from all the surrounding cities there. In 1994 or so....
Now I see tr3b's at night over their facility come to think of it......see em at night with my gen 3 pvs-14.....

new topics

top topics

join