It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood only offers Abortions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Well...here is the video produced by a pro-life group.

I am personally pro-choice, but I understand corruption. Why are we as taxpayers funding this organization that is questionably nothing but an abortion provider? From what I have seen online, this reminds me of a personal story. Many years ago without doing any research, my wife suggested we donate to PETA...and we did. Later on I discovered the violent, repulsive actions of this group and have regretted donating. Live and learn I guess.

Is Planned Parenthood the same? 500 million in tax payer dollars sure gives a business a reason to lie, especially on top of the agenda that abortion is a good thing.

This video makes me wonder.

+3 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

RE: Why are we as taxpayers funding this organization

The right doesn't like their tax dollars going to abortion clinics. Some on the left don't like their tax dollars going to bombs used to kill pregnant Arab women in the ME. It all balances out in the end.

+4 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well when you call locations that don't offer the full gamut of services, they're going to tell you that they don't offer the full gamut of services.

Novel concept for some folks, but that's how most places work.

Planned parenthood offers prenatal services, among other services. Planned parenthood does not offer all services at all locations.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I guess that is one way to look at it. Just curious...how many pregnant Arabs have we killed? I'll simply assume zero until you enlighten me. A link would be nice also.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Well when you call locations that don't offer the full gamut of services, they're going to tell you that they don't offer the full gamut of services.

Novel concept for some folks, but that's how most places work.

Planned parenthood offers prenatal services, among other services. Planned parenthood does not offer all services at all locations.

So...some locations only offer abortion services? I wasn't aware of that and PP doesn't seem to point that out while begging for their funding.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
So they're a pro-abortion group?

I didnt occur to me until more recent times that there is pro-choice, and then there is pro-abortion.

I've 'always' argued people that dont support either pro-life or pro-choice (or things like dropping bombs on people) shouldn't be forced to pay taxes towards such, but that's a bit complicated a discussion for this juncture.
edit on 3-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
NOTE: I'm not against PP for abortion services. I'm questioning if we are being lied to in their effort to retain funding. Again...I"m 100% pro-choice.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
So they're a pro-abortion group?

I didnt occur to me until more recent times that there is pro-choice, and then there is pro-abortion.

I've 'always' argued people that dont support either or (or things like dropping bombs on people) shouldn't be forced to pay taxes towards such, but that's a bit complicated a discussion for this juncture.

I think that is part of the problem. Pro-choice and pro-life are both valid views depending upon your morals, values, etc. Pro-abortion would either be evil or for profit (I believe). The latter isn't something I would support.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I've been accused of being on the right FAR more than I've been accused of being on the left, but of all the places my tax dollars are wasted, this one I support!
If give up most of the other tax funded sinkholes before this.

Abortions should be free and available in every wall Mart, next to the bath rooms.
There are already too many loser, useless people wandering the planet sucking up resources and being in the way. If someone doesn't want to go through with producing another unloved unfunded welfare sucking miscreant, give them the option!

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Planned parenthood also doesn't claim to offer the full range of services at all locations. At least so far as I know they've never said that.

If you're that concerned about it, you can get the number of times each service they offer was provided to somebody. They don't exactly hide it, despite what selectively edited video after selectively edited video attempts to portray it as.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

I guess that is one way to look at it. Just curious...how many pregnant Arabs have we killed? I'll simply assume zero until you enlighten me. A link would be nice also.

According to some of the pro-abortion arguments I've noted (in this very website), up until just about the day the water breaks, there's no 'baby', it isnt a living 'thing' until its born. We'll just skip past the ordeal of a debate that stems from 'what about premature born infants'....

We do know the wars/embargoes we start around the world kill all manner of children (up towards a million per decade, for many decades in a row now) so I'd stick with that approach to the larger issue of the War Machine.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

According to the Pentagon only 5 people have officially been killed by bombings in the ME. But according to some estimates it is as high as 4 million. Who knows what the truth actually is.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

According to some of the pro-abortion arguments I've noted (in this very website), up until just about the day the water breaks, there's no 'baby', it isnt a living 'thing' until its born. We'll just skip past the ordeal of a debate that stems from 'what about premature born infants'....

According to the Supreme court ruling a woman has a right to choose how her body is being used which includes cutting the umbilical cord. I'm not a woman so I do not know what it would be like not to have rights over my own body. But I imagine I would be pretty pissed if someone stopped me from making a decision about my own body.

Besides, I think we need smaller government. Government controlling woman's body is BIG government.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Okay, so rip 8.75 month old infants out of wombs and chop them up and turn them into compost because 'its a womans body'.

Got it!

Drugs that give people pleasure though, BAN EM LOCK PEOPLE UP FOR HAVING THEM YEAH!!!!!

That last bit there, you can claim to not support the War On Drugs but until the liberals go full foaming at the mouth over it (like they ALWAYS have for pro-choice/pro-abortion), until they refuse to vote for Democrat's that maintain it just the same as the Republicant's, I declare their "support" to be a FARCE.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

RE: Why are we as taxpayers funding this organization

The right doesn't like their tax dollars going to abortion clinics. Some on the left don't like their tax dollars going to bombs used to kill pregnant Arab women in the ME. It all balances out in the end.

Quick quiz:

One of these is a federal responsibility per the Constitution and federal revenue is mandated to cover them:

1) Health Services
2) Military

Also as WeAre pointed out, the numbers are not equivalent. When we have bombed and killed 1,375,000 pregnancies per year for 40 years it'll 'balance out.'

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

But we have to maintain that many abortions per year so that we'll continue to 'need' a million illegal aliens per year to prevent our population from turning towards an annual decline (which IS a disaster scenario for Social Security [assuming everyone pays into it]).

I better get some more sleep now, I'm feeling extra diabolical suddenly...

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

This video is biased propaganda. After David Daleidan fiasco, it's best not to trust any anti-choice video that gets posted to the internet. That crew has no standards when it comes to lying to promote their agenda.
edit on 3-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

According to the Supreme court ruling a woman has a right to choose how her body is being used which includes cutting the umbilical cord.

Citation please. My understanding is that the SCOTUS said a woman could not be prevented from seeking out medical services in early pregnancy. The SCOTUS also recognized that the states have a compelling interest in preserving the life of the child and may regulate the abortion procedure within their jurisdictions.

I'm not a woman so I do not know what it would be like not to have rights over my own body. But I imagine I would be pretty pissed if someone stopped me from making a decision about my own body.

Most decisions have consequences, e.g. having unprotected sex. Other people (like the unborn) should not be punished for poor decision making skills.

Besides, I think we need smaller government. Government controlling woman's body is BIG government.

Regulating medical procedures is a state's business, not the federal government's Voila, smaller government.

Consensus!

link   
Just because planned Parenthood stops getting our tax dollars, does not mean they will stop letting women go in and get birth control and abortions and receive care for other conditions.

They are supposed to be a nonprofit organization, and they have been making massive profits, the last few years. They don't NEED our tax money. If we stop giving them money they won't die and go away, they just won't make as big of a profit, which isn't a bad thing.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I've been accused of being on the right FAR more than I've been accused of being on the left, but of all the places my tax dollars are wasted, this one I support!
If give up most of the other tax funded sinkholes before this.

Abortions should be free and available in every wall Mart, next to the bath rooms.
There are already too many loser, useless people wandering the planet sucking up resources and being in the way. If someone doesn't want to go through with producing another unloved unfunded welfare sucking miscreant, give them the option!

Would you concede that useless eaters have been increasingly gaining ground, due to the increasing technological advances that were brought about in part, on the backs of the working poor?

Benjamin Franklin comes to mind.

I hear brain surgeons maybe receiving the useless eater label soon.

I am pro-choice and pro-humanity.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join