It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

previously unseen "tassie tiger(& pups) " photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 3 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Hey guys, Still a new topic novice, so go easy if i'm not quite following protocol. :-)
I came across this article in 1 of my news feeds regarding a tasmanian woman who recently rediscovered she possessed an old photo of our mysterious alleged extinct tassie tiger. I for one thought it great as I'd never seen 1 photographed with pups. I had a quick search here & don't think anyone has posted about it, so....well have a looksy.
O.K. my logic was twofold. Encourage greatly any (hopefully recent-ish) reported sightings of this unique creature. Especially relish hearing of those on mainland Australia....more specificly South Australia.
Cheers enjoy
p.s. the link is from ABC news site. (think i have to state that.)
fotsy

LINK

edit on 3-5-2017 by fotsyfots because: tried fixing link

edit on 3/5/2017 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Fixed link

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

I wonder if the " tasmanian woman" is a swirling dervish in bed. Calling anyone a tasmanian woman is interesting just in itself.

btw, very good post.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Great pic. Too bad it's 1920's and not 1990's but great pic nonetheless.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

It looks more like a dog nose than a cat nose.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

They are such strange creatures. I think that's why they are always in the back of my mind. I'm still holding out for that lone track to be found.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I hit the link to the story about the Night Parrot. They were thought to be extinct, but these birdwatchers heard 5 or 6 of them calling at night and got a photo of one flying the next morning! Proof that they are not extinct.
That gives hope for the Thylacine still being around.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I love it.

The night parrot!

Sounds like something that creeps into your bedroom at night and steals ones Willy.

edit on 3-5-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: Grammar

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: butcherguy

I love it.

The night parrot!

Sounds like something that creeps into your bedroom at night and stills ones Willy.

The story describes them as like a chubby parakeet. They are active at night, but I think the willies are safe... I think.....

Here is a link to the Night Parrot story.
edit on b000000312017-05-03T09:20:07-05:0009America/ChicagoWed, 03 May 2017 09:20:07 -0500900000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
The jaws are very impressive, something of a land shark.
Perhaps there is a small colony still out there somewhere in the dense scrub of the southwest

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Last Tasmanian tiger bit cameraman

The museum is displaying witness accounts, remembered by Fleay's daughter Rosemary, that recall him being bitten after two warning 'yawns' from the tiger.

"The animal managed to get behind him and bite him on the buttocks," curator David Maynard said. "He had fair warning and he got what was coming to him."

The museum still receives reports of sightings at least monthly but Mr Maynard said there is no credible evidence the animal survives.

They were slow-growing, producing few young, and the last wild tiger was killed in 1930.

"At best they lived in the wild until 1950," David said. "The last one probably died in the wild alone and unknown.

"The road kill in Tasmania is exceptional - 293,000 animals a year - and not one of them in the last 50 years has been a thylacine."

The last official Tasmanian tigerdied 7 September 1936, at the Beaumaris Zoo in Hobart.  

I am an escapee from Van Diemens Land, I remember many varied stories of sightings and uneventful expeditions to find the elusive Thylacine. The possibilities of existence in the dense bush of South West Tasmania or PNG, 81years after the last one in captivity is very unlikely.

edit on 3-5-2017 by aliensanonymous because: Two-Heads

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I wonder if the " tasmanian woman" is a swirling dervish in bed. Calling anyone a tasmanian woman is interesting just in itself.

btw, very good post.

Strange comment.
There are a lot of women in Tasmania so they are all Tasmanian women.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

btw, very good post.

Eh?

A woman from Canada is called a Canadian woman.
A woman from India is called an Indian woman.
a woman from Tasmania is called a Tasmanian woman.

Shall I go on until you get it.........

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

That's what I was hoping, too.

Great photos though.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

I still reside in Tas and yes the roadkill of native animals here is disturbing with fresh kills on virtually every road every day, possums and 'hoppers' almost exclusively the victims. Following that fact, the most likely place to find a tiger if they're still about would have to be flattened on the road or a logging track and that has not happened or not been reported at least and I doubt such a find would be kept quiet.

I mentioned the southwest because I believe that's about the only part of the island where they could possibly go un-noticed and not be exposed to vehicles. Not holding out much hope for their survival but that scrub from the Lyell Hwy down to the southern ocean is a place they 'could' go virtually unseen for decades and we still get occasional sightings near that region - Lake St Clair/ Lake King William area for example and that scrub is formidable.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum

I still reside in Tas and yes the roadkill of native animals here is disturbing with fresh kills on virtually every road every day, possums and 'hoppers' almost exclusively the victims. Following that fact, the most likely place to find a tiger if they're still about would have to be flattened on the road or a logging track and that has not happened or not been reported at least and I doubt such a find would be kept quiet.

I mentioned the southwest because I believe that's about the only part of the island where they could possibly go un-noticed and not be exposed to vehicles. Not holding out much hope for their survival but that scrub from the Lyell Hwy down to the southern ocean is a place they 'could' go virtually unseen for decades and we still get occasional sightings near that region - Lake St Clair/ Lake King William area for example and that scrub is formidable.

Just realised I did not imbed my links as news articles. Doh.

The speed and amount of logging trucks in certain areas would definatley have flatened one out by now. If they where still about, I agree.

I grew up in the far southeast and explored remote areas, caves, abandoned mills a fair bit. The southern most municipality in Australia, actually, or as we called it then the assh#$le of the nation. Plenty of "feral" humans (in a nice way), had Tassie Devils in the backyard. But never a sight nor sound of a Thylacine. Would love to get back and explore the southwest in a 4wd. I haven't been back for too long, dying to get down there, see some family and my magical island home. Sob.

edit on 18-5-2017 by aliensanonymous because: My second head got the better of me.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

btw, very good post.

Strange comment.
There are a lot of women in Tasmania so they are all Tasmanian women.

Some Tasmanian women are given the moniker "bush pig's". Half women, half beast these creatures are not very elusive, easy to spot loud and brash. But extremly hostile and dangerous in their native enviroment.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What would be the U.S. equivalent to the so called bush pig?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Odd looking little critter. It looks super feral. I'm glad this thread was bumped or I would have missed it.
Good find.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Suppose in the U.S. you could have the T.T.T Trailer Trash Tramp or Troll or Wild Boar/Hog. In Canada it would be a Swamp Donkey. Australian slang for women is "Sheila". I rather like Sasquatch Sheila.

An extremely unattractive female. Origin: The Australian bushpig is the American "equivalent" of a wild boar.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
Suppose in the U.S. you could have the T.T.T Trailer Trash Tramp or Troll or Wild Boar/Hog. In Canada it would be a Swamp Donkey. Australian slang for women is "Sheila". I rather like Sasquatch Sheila.

An extremely unattractive female. Origin: The Australian bushpig is the American "equivalent" of a wild boar.

Curses to them thar " swamp donkey's"........the sighting of just their name caused me to nostrilise a good mouthful of my nescafe !!
Ha, if Canada gets to be heading to be over-run by these, pass the hat around to spot my airfare over & face me to the general direction of the sw.onkey's. Sure bet I'd attract the worst one of the pride(?).....for I am a dead set magnet for the like & unfortunately have a dysfunctional,wrecked past history full of evidence of such.
I believe it may be a curse !!
carry on regardless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join