It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the UK etc about to start having their first suicide bombers?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The intelligence convinced Scotland Yard they needed to go in fast and hard to carry out arrests.

That means they feared there was some kind of threat that needed to be contained - a threat that required a large team of the most highly-trained available officers.

They fired CS gas canisters into the building, smashing holes in the top front window.

The 21-year-old woman who was shot is not one of those under arrest - but has been described by police as one of the "subjects" - security services speak for someone at the heart of an operation.

Are the UK etc about to start having their first suicide bombers?

There has been a sudden upturn in the numbers of women now being arrested for possible terrorist actions and the lady who was shot in Willsden in London was considered to be one of the main 'subjects', there were also other young women and another also in Kent arrested on the same day. Now as it stands they are just arrested and are suspects but I fear that this sudden change in tact with women being at the forefront may be the possible start of suicide bombs as seen in Somali etc.

Sadly its a perfect hiding in plain sight way to attack, women in more overall Islamic dress are now common place and the Somali women wear a very loose fitting over all garment that is perfect to hide a vest. We have had our beheadings so now do they feel its open enough to mount a bombing campaign?

Women have been widely used in the Middle east to perform these things as have children so when you see the number of possibly radical women being detained its a real possibility. If nothing else it shows the widening strength the Radicals believe they have now and if one was to happen then it would almost certainly cement it as a regular act based upon a growing confidence.

Of course I fully expect all the usual subjects to play the 'in the scope of it' game but tell that to the relatives of the Westminster tragedy. And please see the use of the word radicals before I get the annoying 'tar them with one brush' UTTER NONSENSE.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
we've already had several.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mclaneinc

Your 10 years out of date.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Been there done that.

Our durka durkas have moved on to cars now, do try to keep up.
edit on 2-5-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Yes I understand what you are saying but that was random males, the network of how they use females and children is far more frequent and easier to achieve, looking for a Middle east / Asian man with a rucksack is a lot easier, women etc would be able to easily walk openly with very little clue they have any bomb on.

That's my point, I should have made it clearer about what I was trying to point out, my mistake.

A network of women would be a shocking NEW tactic...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Not in the way I was pointing out, should have made it clearer...Bloody excema driving me mad...

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Second apology of the day, I didn't make it clear as to my point, yes we have had a few males but the introduction of females as they are used throughout the middle east would be a nightmare that is very hard to see coming.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I can only echo what as already been said...they have switched to cars and blades this in my opinion is much worse bombs as bomb making equipment can be tracked and monitored you cant monitor every hire car or kitchen knife.

Edit to add. Op I see you have clarified your meaning

edit on 2-5-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

In that case you may be correct but hopefully not as i think that would be tipping point for many Brits.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Aye there called politicians.

We have had halfwits willing to die in the name of there cause since time immemorial.

Nothing new to see here, fact is terrorism was far more prevalent back in the 70s and 80s than it is today.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Aye, it used to be semtex and machine guns. Blowing up shopping centres. Now its cars and knives. We are really scared!

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Cultural enrichment. Imagine how boring Europe would be without it

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It's the future for most countries and the present for many.

Mass shootings, stabbings and bomb-vests have the same outcomes...casualties and no trials.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if a bomb is concealed in a man's shoe, a baby's buggy or under a woman's dress, truth be told a bomber could run about with a device above his head screaming bang... We've already failed by then.

We stop them in preparation. I'd go as far as saying we've only heard about about 10% of thwarted attacks via MSN.

When we hear of an attack our services have already failed us, it's that simple.

That's why the nature of terrorism within the recent months is different, without getting into the argument of definition I'll just say that it's debatable on whether it's true terrorism.

Because I could crazy, kill a dozen people and claim I did it for ISIS... It doesn't make it fact. Hence why intelligence services run about like headless chickens trying to piece together motive and possible links with terrorist organisations.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The answer to your question is 'no' for various reasons.

Not that that will stop you sitting in your house going on about terrorism on ATS as you seem to like to do, and being joined in your preoccupations by the anti-islam/foreigner/immigrant brigade.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

This is what happens when our respective gooberments meddle in the affairs of other nations where they have no good reason to be or do so other than political and financial gain.

It's what happens when people are forced to live in abject poverty in supposed first world nations whilst the few wield power from high above without care for anyone other than themselves.

It's not going to get better before it gets a lot worse both financially and sociologically, and a lot of it is by design else TPTB would do something about it other than wage proxy conflicts around the globe whilst allowing religious intolerance and fundamentalist organisations to spread like a disease amungst the nations of the world, and all the wile the super rich get richer and our politicians scream austerity from the rooftops.

I think we need the aliens to turn up and unite humanity behind a common goal else we really do seem doomed to our own destruction in one manner or another.

edit on 2-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I'm sorry, at no point in the article you linked to can I see any references to suicide bombers, but you even put that as the link title - what's the point in blatant lying?

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

It's the future for most countries and the present for many.

I'm willing to bet...one can prevent such a scenario...with hard and strict immigration policies. Alas...it's too little too late for France, UK,Germany, Sweden and the like...but be sure of one thing...there will be no terror bombings in say...Poland or Hungary.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc

...may be the possible start of suicide bombs as seen in Somali etc...

You're quite a few years too late to that particular party. The last major suicide bomb attack involved four coordinated attacks against the London transport system in 2005.

Prior to that, the IRA (and various offshoots) have been bombing the hell out of London for years, though not suicide bombs. If you want to include accidental suicide bombings, then Edward O'Brien blew himself up on a London bus as he was transporting a bomb.

Let's just hope the jihadis never learn from the IRA and their ilk, who have a long history of effective attacks against high-value targets. The 1996 Manchester attack used a 1.5 tonne bomb driven into the heart of the city and the people responsible still managed to get away. Johnny Jihadi is a complete pussy by comparison.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
a reply to: andy06shake

Aye, it used to be semtex and machine guns. Blowing up shopping centres. Now its cars and knives. We are really scared!

Don't forget the mortar attacks (we've had a few of those, including an attack on Downing Street that came within about 30m of killing the entire Cabinet - incredibly impressive when you consider that it was staged and left to fire automatically without any chance to dial it in) and the RPGs they were firing at the MI6 building. They did like to mix it up a little with their methods of mayhem.

posted on May, 3 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
mate there are more stabbings in glasgow by 15 year old bams in one day than there are stabbings by muslim extremists in the whole UK

do you not remember the IRA ?

edit on 3-5-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join