It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Tony Blair plan to step in after Corbyn resigns on 8th June 2017

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Does Tony Blair plan to step in after Corbyn resigns after a collapse in the Labour vote on 8th June 2017

It is my firm belief (and I have been a labour voter all my life) that Corbyn will have a disastrous election on 8th June and Labour will lose many seats because the party is out of touch with the people and what the people want. Also because the Labour party were for remaining in the EU!

Is it likely that Tony Blair will re-enter the political spectrum and run for leadership of the Labour party? And could he win?

What a surprise that would be!

I actually like Tony Blair although he has made some mistakes during his terms as PM. He has also some successes, namely NI!

(post by Pandaram removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Does Tony Blair plan to step in after Corbyn resigns after a collapse in the Labour vote on 8th June 2017

It is my firm belief (and I have been a labour voter all my life) that Corbyn will have a disastrous election on 8th June and Labour will lose many seats because the party is out of touch with the people and what the people want. Also because the Labour party were for remaining in the EU!

Is it likely that Tony Blair will re-enter the political spectrum and run for leadership of the Labour party? And could he win?

I actually like Tony Blair although he has made some mistakes during his terms as PM. He has also some successes, namely NI!

Oh and don't forget the war crimes...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I detest the lying war criminal and he, along with his little click, have destroyed the Labour Party. He is the Establishment unfortunately and will provide no alternative to a Conservative Government.

I wouldn't say Corbyn is out of touch, he is very much the opposite, but with the Establishment having very much embedded themselves in the Labour Party, he is fighting from within as well as from without the party.

I fear they will receive a massive backlash due to the bias of the MSM, so we will have at least 5 years more of cuts, cuts, cuts, whilst the top 5 percent continue to get richer off the back of us.

I will never vote Labour as long as the likes of Blair are running the party, so this will be my first vote for Labour since 2001 and probably my last for another few elections.
edit on 1/5/17 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
No.. stop smoking wackybacky you old fruit.
We shall see if this old fruit is wacky. By the way I don't put that # in my body!

www.theguardian.com...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

He isn't an MP or leader of a party so No.
Tony Blair will not be making a political comeback , he knows how much he is hated by the majority of the UK.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Which Labour Party? As far as I can see, Corbyn's allies and masters have got a lock on the structure of the national party, as it is currently organised.
If the Parliamentary Party don't like that, their best option is to detach themselves from the national party, resign the official whip, and adopt a new leader from amongst themselves.

As for Blair- who is going to resign their seat so that Blair can stand and get back in the Commons?

edit on 1-5-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
I detest the lying war criminal and he, along with his little click, has destroyed the Labour Party. He is the Establishment unfortunately and will provide no alternative to a Conservative Government.

I wouldn't say Corbyn is out of touch, he is very much the opposite, but with the Establishment having very much embedded themselves in the Labour Party, he is fighting from within as well as from without the party.

I fear they will receive a massive backlash due to the bias of the MSM, so we will have at least 5 years more of cuts, cuts, cuts, whilst the top 5 percent continue to get richer off the back of us.

I will never vote Labour as long as the likes of Blair are running the party, so this will be my first vote for Labour since 2001 and probably my last for another few elections.
My that is harsh! Corbyn is history and the labour vote on 8 June will collapse as a result. All the people I know from all backgrounds and political persuasions won't be voting for him, particularly Labour voters who have said they won't even vote! He screwed!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He isn't an MP or leader of a party so No.
Tony Blair will not be making a political comeback , he knows how much he is hated by the majority of the UK.
Only time will tell! But I do see him taking some political role in the future, whatever, that is!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Which Labour Party? As far as I can see, Corbyn's allies and masters have got a lock on the structure of the national party, as it is currently organised.
If the Parliamentary Party don't like that, their best option is to detach themselves from the national party, resign the official whip, and adopt a new leader from amongst themselves.

As for Blair- who is going to resign their seat so that Blair can stand and get back in the Commons?

Who knows but don't be surprised to hear of it after June 8th!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
No. He won't step in if (and when) Corbyn resigns.

Nothing is certain for the future, but for Blair to make run at Labour leadership he will have to be an MP. He's not standing in the forthcoming election, so it'll be impossible for him to "step in" if Corbyn resigns.

I think New Labour did a lot of good under Blair. Blair made the awful Iraq mistake, but that's with hindsight. Blair controlled the centre ground, thus New Labour was electable and had a good run at government. Replacing Blair with Brown was a disaster IMHO.

Labour need to recast themselves. The current lurch to the left under Corbyn makes them unelectable as British politics is about control of the centre ground. While some people try to paint the Tories as "right wing", they do that out of habit - the Scottish nationalists use the term "Tory" to describe the English as a point of division (i.e. "... the English are Tories, we're Scottish and look who rules us"). In fact, the Conservatives have been sitting in the centre for some time and the current Prime Minister, Mrs May, will keep them there. Unless Labour move towards the centre ground they will be doomed to fizzle and die.

What may be more interesting (and possible) is for the Lib Dems to develop meaningful policies that push them into the vacuum Labour are leaving. This may happen once Brexit is exorcised.

If Labour is reduced as some polls are suggesting, then this may be a sign that their time has been, and gone.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

Oh and don't forget the war crimes...
Red herring comes to mind here. The Labour party post 8th June will be in such disarray that they will welcome Tony back into the fold!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Labour will be out of government for a lot longer if that snake takes the helm.
I'm shocked you publicly endorse the sly #.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
No. He won't step in if (and when) Corbyn resigns.

Nothing is certain for the future, but for Blair to make run at Labour leadership he will have to be an MP. He's not standing in the forthcoming election, so it'll be impossible for him to "step in" if Corbyn resigns.

I think New Labour did a lot of good under Blair. Blair made the awful Iraq mistake, but that's with hindsight. Blair controlled the centre ground, thus New Labour was electable and had a good run at government. Replacing Blair with Brown was a disaster IMHO.

Labour need to recast themselves. The current lurch to the left under Corbyn makes them unelectable as British politics is about control of the centre ground. While some people try to paint the Tories as "right wing", they do that out of habit - the Scottish nationalists use the term "Tory" to describe the English as a point of division (i.e. "... the English are Tories, we're Scottish and look who rules us"). In fact, the Conservatives have been sitting in the centre for some time and the current Prime Minister, Mrs May, will keep them there. Unless Labour move towards the centre ground they will be doomed to fizzle and die.

What may be more interesting (and possible) is for the Lib Dems to develop meaningful policies that push them into the vacuum Labour are leaving. This may happen once Brexit is exorcised.

If Labour is reduced as some polls are suggesting, then this may be a sign that their time has been, and gone.
I actually that he will step back into the political arena, wouldn't expect him to run for the leadership immediately but it might happen later. We will just have to see. The Labour party is in a mess and those in the party are both blind and stupid to follow Corbyn over the cliff!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Labour will be out of government for a lot longer if that snake takes the helm.
I'm shocked you publicly endorse the sly #.
It wont be down to him that Labour will be destroyed but down to the party's BREXIT stance and its current leader. Corbyn is the worst thing to happen to the Labour party and Labour will be lucky to get 200 seats. This will be the largest Tory victory in UK history and Labour ruined and may never recover!

His policies for the election are pure bribery and he is not electable! My opinion maybe be controversial but whats new. However, we cant be right all the time, can we.
edit on 1-5-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

He won't be returning to front line politics but he announced at the end of last year that he was going to set up his own Think Tank .... shame he didn't think before he followed Bush into disaster.

This is not about my returning to the front line of politics. I have made it abundantly clear that this is not possible. However, I care about my country and the world my children and grandchildren will grow up in; and want to play at least a small part in contributing to the debate about the future of both.
www.tonyblairoffice.org...

I was a Blair supporter and voted for him in 97 , the minimum wage and FOI legislation were big moves forward but his willingness to jump into bed with Bush and lie to the population of this country to take us into an illegal war showed me the folly of that decision.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

He won't be returning to front line politics but he announced at the end of last year that he was going to set up his own Think Tank .... shame he didn't think before he followed Bush into disaster.

This is not about my returning to the front line of politics. I have made it abundantly clear that this is not possible. However, I care about my country and the world my children and grandchildren will grow up in; and want to play at least a small part in contributing to the debate about the future of both.
www.tonyblairoffice.org...

I was a Blair supporter and voted for him in 97 , the minimum wage and FOI legislation were big moves forward but his willingness to jump into bed with Bush and lie to the population of this country to take us into an illegal war showed me the folly of that decision.
His position may have or may change come 8th June 2017 because like he says he cares!

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have made it abundantly clear that this is not possible.

Labour will be looking for a new leader post the election but it won't be Blair , his statement rules that out.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
They would never let him blair his trumpet again.

The cycle of Leadership, i.e., politicians has to end, for the corruption becomes so rife, so glariing, to continue would pop the illusion bubble citizens dwell in. They have to change out the false front politicos or people would revolt.

Bush, Bush, Blair, Obama, Clinton, etc.

Fading into obscurity is required, blaming them for all the evil, par for the course. Now carry on the same as before.

"The King is dead, long live the King!"

Look at Trump for instance, Americans thought he was finally going to bring 'change', lol.

Meet the new Boss, same as the Old Boss. --The Who, British Rock Group
edit on 1-5-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Given the fact that Blair is not standing for election in a seat, he can't replace Corbyn. Moreover, the man is not respected much at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join