It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the most unfathomable genius of all time?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
What I am about to write is potentially the most important thread I have ever written. I do not claim this thread represents “the end of the journey needed to discover truth”, but rather that I am getting close.

All I need to do is:
1) Analyse two separate quotations
2) Ask a question
3) Justify why I did the first two

All you need to do is:
1) Agree I am justified
2) Help answer

The Two Quotes

1) “The unexamined life is not worth living”

Meaning: the thinking entity has value

2) “I know one thing; that I know nothing”

Meaning: this source is trustworthy

The Question

Who can the above two quotes be attributed to?

My Justification for Asking

Anyone can narrow it down to two individuals.

Help Answer

I can only clarify anything from THIS point onward. If you are lost, do basic research. Everything above follows logically. Only what needs to be written has been written, anything unnecessary has been omitted. I am not being cryptic or mysterious. I believe both quotes come from the same person. If you give me a good reason to answer “The Question”. I will be happy to clarify or elaborate on ANYTHING in this thread.

Let us continue to seek truth to the best of our ability!

edit on 30/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Whoever invented this "Social Justice" PSYOP. Effing brilliant!!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost
What I am about to write is potentially the most important thread I have ever written. I do not claim this thread represents “the end of the journey needed to discover truth”, but rather that I am getting close.

All I need to do is:
1) Analyse two separate quotations
2) Ask a question
3) Justify why I did the first two

All you need to do is:
1) Agree I am justified
2) Help answer

The Two Quotes

1) “The unexamined life is not worth living”

Meaning: the thinking entity has value

2) “I know one thing; that I know nothing”

Meaning: this source is trustworthy

The Question

Who can the above two quotes be attributed to?

My Justification for Asking

Anyone can narrow it down to two individuals.

Help Answer

I can only clarify anything from THIS point onward. If you are lost, do basic research. Everything above follows logically. Only what needs to be written has been written, anything unnecessary has been omitted. I am not being cryptic or mysterious. I believe both quotes come from the same person. If you give me a good reason to answer “The Question”. I will be happy to clarify or elaborate on ANYTHING in this thread.

Let us continue to seek truth to the best of our ability!

That is Socrates.

Well... technically Plato.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would venture to say, apart from Jesus Christ and King Solomon in the Bible, that Isaac Newton without a doubt would meet the criteria to your question in the title.

Of course he was a known person. Who knows how many other geniuses were born in far away places who never had the opportunity or the education to shine. I am sure there would be many others.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: XeloE

I've always said, if Jesus really existed, and was "real", he would have known that we think with our brains rather than our "hearts" (as he's quoted in the Bible). And that bit right there, if he'd have went around speaking that to the masses they would likely have executed him for that alone!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Who is the most unfathomable genius of all time?

Trick question cause time ain't over.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
" I do not claim this thread represents “the end of the journey needed to discover truth”, but rather that I am getting close. "~Dark Ghost

Q:Who is the most unfathomable genius of all time?

A: Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj. Born in 1897 until 1981. He had hardly an formal education but was Master of the Universe. He was an incarnation of The God of Sorrow. The destroyer of Egos. His teachings were based only on the Truth. What is termed as "I AM". He solves the riddle of the entire mystery of universe and his words carry a power to them as if the Universe itself is talking to itself about the nature of consciousness and its source, Awareness.

There can only be one truth. Consciousness, says Maharaj, is the beguiling, bewitching Maya, the most magnificent fraud ever! This enchanting sense of presence is only a sense, a concept, an illusion which comes upon the Manifest Absolute All Pervading Supreme True Reality, which is our real being, and like an unwelcome guest who takes over the household so insidiously that the host is lulled into a sense of false security and well-being. This sense of being alive — being present — is so intoxicating that one is enchanted by the manifestation that it presents. One gets so involved in the spectacle that one rarely cares to find out if the spectacle really exists or is merely a vision, a hallucination, a dream, a mirage. One sees the tree and is so enchanted by it that one forgets that the tree is nothing other than the growth of the seed which is the true source of it. The aim of his is genuis toseek the source, the seed. The teaching is simple. You are not the body or the mind.

P.S. ( The Secret to the Universe is that the electron lasts 100 Billion Trillion Years) The body mind vehicle Ghost we think we are contains 4 Billion Trillion electrons.The eternal spark within us is beyond time and space and there for validates what Lord Nisargadatta says. All of us at our source are not God but rather the God of God itself, The Absolute always even now. But the illusion of time and space gives rise to separate objects and the body mind machine gives rise to the ego which obscures the truth. You were never born, You Are and always will be the unborn immortal awareness. All universes and every single possible universe that could be made are born within you not you in them.

Think about the Big Bang for a second....... " Wisdom is knowing that I am nothing, Love is knowing that I am everything, between those two my life moves"`~Lord Nisargadatta Maharaj (Incarnation of the God of Sorrow)

Who am I is the axe?, to cut off the ego.
edit on 30-4-2017 by Thiaoouba Prophecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Firstly, not only do I fully agree that you're justified to this, but I feel that the thread and information to come of that list alone is a super valuable piece to gathering reflection.

For me, the two people that fill the quotes best, are: Leonardo DaVinci & Nikola Tesla.

I look forward to reading this thread... S + F!

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
People still trying to play here ?

Who is the most unfathomable genius of all time ?

It's unknowable.

TIME is relative to the observer.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

But, what if the point is to debate who each of us individually provide 1st thought to when the parameters are given. Hell, to put a statistical fact to opinion is undeniably inaccurate. But there is insight to be gained from knowing who influences us as we mingle debate from all these obscure corners of brains working behind these forums at ATS. Maybe the influence of another has a trickling affect onto another's existence?

The point is... if one has steered the list into something that is to be better than, or an orderly list that must be made of debate... than the entire premise of expanding information and knowledge is put to a halt. What you say is completely accurate, but I fail to see where facts are to be derived from debate of opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

But.

Unfathomable means:

not able to be fathomed, or completely understood; incomprehensible:

www.dictionary.com...

Game over man.

Game over.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I do read that in the title of the book... but fail to read the word in the entire thread. Which is a full testament to... not judging a book by it's cover. If the title was repeated in any way in the thread, ok, than I see your point. But, the question asked in the thread did not indicate the dictionary definition of unfathomable, did it?

So, is the added input to call one out for not relating the title to the content? Headlines are a mere bait & catch scenario... once the hook is bit on, it's up to the beholder of the journey's content to find resolve in the scenario at play. Rats are masters at this natural drawn conclusions of the brain. Wise rats see a trap a mile away, while the ones that can't see past the food being offered trigger the trap... the wise one then marks up reading into things deeper to be a victory of knowledge, as the one who went by title only suffered an early demise.

So, yes... game over. You seen the title, took the bait, and now there is no more debate to be had. The riches of knowledge await those who actually read things end to end, while removing personal influences to natural laws at play... naturally. Your cheese will be eaten by another if views of divide are practiced continuously.

Sorry... didn't mean for my 666th reply to land in your lap...
edit on 30-4-2017 by ttobban because: added comments...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

There was no debate to be had.

Time is infinite.

Even when our sun implodes on itself and consumes everything.

Time will still go on.

By that time man will surely have gone to the stars.

During that TIME science changes.

Which means the greatest have been replaced by other greatest, and so on and so on and so on.

The greatest genius of all time hasn't been born yet, and hasn't died yet to infinity.
edit on 30-4-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I would say Kim Kardashian. Here is someone who has created fame from absolutely zero talent and parlayed it into a multi-million dollar empire.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Time is removed in dimensions beyond the 3rd. The vessel I occupy will undoubtedly expire... agreed. As far as my energy... that is still debatable. There's frequency limitations to the human constructs... limits of which provide time as an element to be examined and analyzed. The limitations can be slightly varied, in even humans... providing aspects, whether it be biologically, neurologically, or even sympathetically in nature... but the title 'Genius' is often administered when abnormalities of unknown aspects surface to reality in some humans. See... genius in its own right has a multitude of meanings... there might be a mathematical genius that can't speak a word of proper language communication skills... to rank or compare is not viable, but to deny the debate of the links of such minds is premature at best.

There's a young one now that I am fascinated by... his name is Max Loughan. To witness this child, at such a young age, focused on things that even most matured minds can't relate to... is such a blessing to see that the greatest of minds is just like you said... a revolving door that doesn't stop.

edit on 30-4-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Right now, I think the most unfathomable type of genius is extreme visual-spatial. So look for someone who is an extreme example of a visual-spatial genius and you might have an answer.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Right now, I think the most unfathomable type of genius is extreme visual-spatial. So look for someone who is an extreme example of a visual-spatial genius and you might have an answer.

But you wouldnt have the answer because a visual spatial is sometimes even labeled as learning disabled! They are so out of the "norm" in testing and "average" or common learning markers that theyre neglected, overlooked, and marginalized.

One of my kids is a visual spatial. Totally written off at first as far as intelligence and ability to learn. Well, when you have average people trying to teach someone so above average, they like to pretend they are superior and its the kids problem that they cant learn in the style they are using. Step out of THAT box and you have a freakish genius on your hands..

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

That's why I say they are the most unfathomable. They are so far outside the box for most of us.

They are incapable of being fully explored or understood because most people aren't on their wavelength. They are a world unto themselves.
edit on 30-4-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Advantage

That's why I say they are the most unfathomable. They are so far outside the box for most of us.

They are incapable of being fully explored or understood because most people aren't on their wavelength. They are a world unto themselves.

I hear you.. in a very personal way. With my one daughter, she would become terrified about time and timelines and dimensional time. 8 yrs old refusing to come out of her bed crying because it terrified her. Her kind is spooky.. but in time when all of the things she contemplates... when her physical brain catches up to her mind.. holy cow. Who knows what she is capable of. I was above avg and so was the husband. All of our kids are well above average, but this one Im talking about... she is veeery different. She says things that sound really odd or bizarre.. but when she explains them youre blown away. BUT you have to ask for an explanation because she just assumes everyone thinks like she does and gets it. LOL! Her kind wont be famous I dont think.. no one would know who they are because they dont seem to like other people very much or care for the dance we all do, socially. I could see her doing something extraordinary and letting someone else take the credit because she doesnt see the value in credit or praise. Shes my little weirdo...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

There was no debate to be had.

Time is infinite.

Even when our sun implodes on itself and consumes everything.

Time will still go on.

By that time man will surely have gone to the stars.

During that TIME science changes.

Which means the greatest have been replaced by other greatest, and so on and so on and so on.

The greatest genius of all time hasn't been born yet, and hasn't died yet to infinity.

Wrong. Time is not Infinite. It is still transitory. Still a concept in the mind. The mind is impermanent. You, The Supreme Awareness consumer all time and are beyond time and space.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join