It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump armada sent to deter Kim can't shoot down his missiles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The way the term false flag gets thrown around so recklessly is sickening..

How exactly is this a false flag?

I mean by the standards being set here when dirty johnny threw that stink bomb in the school bathroom he should have been sent to Guantanamo..i mean it wasn't a real fart...

Obviously a false flag if no one actually "blew up" the bathroom....

Sigh...

Respectfully,
~meathead
edit on 26-4-2017 by Mike Stivic because: post cut off fixed

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hopefully the major shortcomings of the SLQ-32 system found after the USS Stark incident have actually been addressed. If not, people may be in for a shock if things get nasty.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Just sharing the story the OP was referring too. I found about 3-4 similar stories on CNN and MSNBC and such.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

Implying Trump and the US military are bumbling incompetent fools who are incapable pf shooting down missiles is fake news.

S Korea has Terminal High-Altitude Area Defense system, or THAAD.

And we do not know the full capaibilty of the assets assigned to the area.

Loose lips sink ships.

The US military started moving parts of the controversial THAAD anti-missile defense system to a deployment site in South Korea on Wednesday amid high tensions over North Korea's missile and nuclear programs

www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 26-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-4-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If the enemy thinks you are weak they will expose themselves. Perception is reality. My guess is there is much more than meets the eye.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Is that operational yet?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Lol, its the ultimate showdown. The Presidential Retard vs The Supreme Retard.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Implying Trump and the US military are bumbling incompetent fools who are incapable pf shooting down missiles is fake news.

Loose lips sink ships.

The US military started moving parts of the controversial THAAD anti-missile defense system to a deployment site in South Korea on Wednesday amid high tensions over North Korea's missile and nuclear programs

Calm down mr. deny.....I never implied anything, just asked an honest question about what thousands of our men in uniform are running into when they park off the coast of N Korea. Is THAAD even operational yet ? Do I know the workings of our military tech....hell NO....that's why I was concerned about the Bloomberg story.....you know, deny ignorance by asking questions.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
No one has said the real reason we can not shoot down NK missile... The blow up within a few seconds after launch and so yes we do not have anything that quick to shoot them down first.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
Do I know the workings of our military tech....hell NO....that's why I was concerned about the Bloomberg story.....you know, deny ignorance by asking questions.

Logically would you think that we have nothing to protect our ships from missile attacks?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
Do I know the workings of our military tech....hell NO....that's why I was concerned about the Bloomberg story.....you know, deny ignorance by asking questions.

Logically would you think that we have nothing to protect our ships from missile attacks?

Maybe you should read the Bloomberg article and then read Zaphod's answers about those systems you're referring to.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Loose lips sink ships.

Yeah sounds like the Very Fake News is hoping lil Kimmy shoots at our boys, telling them we can't shoot down their missiles.

The Left's treason never stops and knows no bounds.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
You Also have to remember that ships in a battle setting don't bunch up together like you've been seeing on the news, they spread out, and way out in the open seas its like trying to target a needle in a haystack. Doubt NK has that sophistication yet.

The ships in a Carrier Strike Group vary, but their entire mission is to protect the carrier, so yes, their normal formation has them what most would call "bunched up." A typical Carrier Strike group has four Arleigh Burke class destroyers, one Ticonderoga class cruiser, a fast attack, i.e.: armed, supply ship, an undisclosed number of fast attack subs, and other ships that may join or break away from the Strike Group "command" as needs change. The Burkes and the cruiser all have the Aegis defense system.

The idea that the only way to shoot down a ballistic missile is with another ballistic missile is false. The US Navy has some tricks and countermeasures up its sleeve that, should push come to shove, would pretty well guarantee an abject defeat and humiliation of the Koreans. A very real problem is that if these systems are used, they therefore can become disclosed. The US wants to avoid that and so far, in the operations in Iraq and other places, the US has essentially avoided trotting out "the good stuff" because the US was not really existentially threatened by any opposition forces there. So there was no need. But if N. Korea actually could hit Seattle or Honolulu or San Fran, that situation would change.

The Bottom Line here is that we here on ATS have no real idea of the capabilities of the US military. There are some of us who think we do, like perhaps myself, but I'm not convinced we really know what is going on. But I'm not particularly concerned. The US Navy doesn't need us to teach it how to perform its job. All we really get to do is sit back in our armchairs and watch.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I've come to recognize zaphod as an invaluable resource to ATS, whenever he takes the time to respond I am grateful.

Every time I have fact checked him I end up thinking to myself what a useless endeavor,
He hasn't lied once,always keeps his answers concise and to the point, and above all else when he does give his opinion he makes sure to separate that part of the post from his technical assessment.

My father worked for Sikorsky for forty years, but he doesn't have the ability to relay that information in anything but technogarble..its frustrating..but zaph takes the time to break it down..

/cheers zaphod !

Seriously I am less concerned about going to war with north Korea than a late frost harming my garden..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

They were addressed almost immediately after.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

I know. I was correcting the story, not you.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Trumps armada is there to bomb the ever living life out of kim if he launches a missile.... not to shoot it down.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think the language in the article is referring to the fact that you want to intercept a ballistic missile in it's boost phase, not in it's terminal phase.

Obviously, this claim's syntax applies to the fact the "armata" itself (possibly) can't shoot down a ballistic missile. It was never configured that way, rather the task force will rely upon other assets in the local theatre to catch the missile in boost phase.

It's likely to be a turkey shoot, imo.

Picture a giant live fire drill that runs until there is nobody left to accept surrender on NK's behalf.

edit on 26-4-2017 by FlyingFox because: Location, location, location...

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

i find my self questioning the motives of the people who published your OP source

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If you believe the airborne laser prototypes got canned because the tech is unfeasible, I wouldn't count on it.

www.army-technology.com/features/featurewill-darpas-airborne-laser-succeed-where-boeings-yal-1-failed-4376518/

www.army-technology.com...

edit on 26-4-2017 by FlyingFox because: I think they call that "going dark"...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join