It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Got A New Puppy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hello everyone. You may have seen a post of mine a few weeks back about putting down our beloved 17 year old, Maggie. Well, I got up Sunday morning and decided we need another dog around. ATS, meet Emme (Em-ee).

She's a standard Labradoodle. Should get up to 50-60lbs, so she has lots of growing to do. I think I'm in love.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Oh my gosh, so cute!!!! Thank you for making my morning

Enjoy your new edition.

edit on 26-4-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Sorry for your loss i have gone through it one of the hardest things i have had to do shes a beauty i'm sure you will get lots of joy from her.

We have a plaque up in our house that says "a home without a dog is just a house" very true i think

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: nickovthenorth

I totally agree. I forgot how crazy it is to have an energetic puppy around though. Good thing we have three kids to wear her out!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Haha yeah true dat...we got another German Shepherd pup around 6 months after having our first put to sleep (she lasted until 15 so a good run for the breed) still sharp as a tack too but her body just couldn't cope anymore.

Like you i had totally forgot how demanding having a pup around is but its fun all the same

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
While you never forget the ones you've lost, it is so wonderful that your heart has room to love another.

She is SO CUTE!!!! I want to cuddle her!!!

Congratulations on your new puppy!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

enjoy the puppy breath. It doesn't last long, but it's a wonderful part of dogs.
Enjoy your new best friend.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Oh My goodness!

What a cute little dog!

*is going ;AWWWWWWW!*

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hey Emme!

Glad you opened up your home to a new addition. She will not replace Maggie, but I am sure she'll be a new, great friend to the kids and you! Best of luck keeping her from the wife's bras, or your socks (we got a pup a few months back after putting down DG [he's my avatar] and those are his go-to chew toys) and wishing y'all many years of shared happiness!

RIP Maggie

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Oh how cute! May you have many years of laughter and love with your new edition to the family!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Watch old episodes of the dog whisperer.. teaches you to dominance train your dog. Crazy easy, crazy effective.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
She will never replace the one you lost, but that's the beauty of a pet -- they don't have to. All they have to do is snuggle up beside the old memories and keep them company. It helps ease the ache and grows a new warm spot in your heart.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Godspeed Maggie. She lived a long and I am sure happy life. As will that little bundle in the picture. It makes me smile every time I see a happy puppy. Can almost see that tail wagging.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
im a dog lunatic....so approve of this thread.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Grats on your new pup! Too cute and I don't think I'm bias either having a half lab as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm certain Maggie made it ALL the way back to Heaven, as ALL dogs go to Heaven, and She'll get a 'charge' each time that You think about Her and She'll use this energy, Her next trip.. Real beautiful if You think about it.

Have fun on the walks.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't expect this much love for my little pup. Dogs are amazing. I've been pretty down lately.

I lost my father last month and then a few weeks later, lost my Maggie. We've been dealing with my father's estate, kids activities, work, preparing for a move and we have all been pretty stressed.

With Emme being around now, it's like a fog has lifted. She puts a smile on my face and just gives me such a positive attitude. It's amazing the effect dogs can have in one's life.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

What a good looking pup, and what white looking carpet. Remember, they learn to scratch at the door in about 4 weeks.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Don't get me started on the white carpet, lol. We are living in a temporary house until our move. She is actually doing quite well with potty training. She usually barks to let us know.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Love it OP! My family got a mini goldendoodle a few months ago. She is all black and absolutely filled that void left in our hearts when our 10 year old pug suddenly passed 2 years ago. She should get about 25-30 lbs but at 4 months old she is already 20 lbs! So it looks like it might be closer to the 30 side which Im fine with.

We've got her house broke for the most part, crate trained and also bought a wireless fence (not the underground fence) that she has recently just picked up. Such smart dogs!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join