It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Trump lose the USS Carl Vinson??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think Trump was just being a utter moron.

The ships had to head that way anyway so Trump just figures he will say he is sending his armada to North Korea to try and scare Korea into backing down.

This is really shocking if you think about it, the President kicked off talk of all out war over what was at best negligence and at worst a out right lie.

It baffles me that some Americans tolerate this.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The media jumped the gun. They are heading to Korea, but they weren't scheduled to until after they finished their exercise.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Surely that isn't a serious question. Why would the President know if a battle group was heading to Korea? Uh maybe bc he sent them there? That's what Presidents do, you know. He instructs the SECNAV to move the group after consulting with SECDEF.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I saw the interviews with Mattis and Trump. They lied to the American people then to cause fear and diversion. No info would be better than a lie.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

apparently now on their way to South Korea and expecting to hang about for a while

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: MOMof3
No one is governing or protecting the American people from terror of nukes and ISIS and Chicago. I'm hoping there are some lower level patriots who are trying to do their job. Hug your kids.

Maybe Trump should open the borders to ISIS in Chicargo then let North Korea drop and nuke on the city, Detriot too! Then thats a few US problems sorted

gee...as much as you sound so enthused to kill off a lot of poor black people, I don't think the military would do what you said.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I Think Zaphods probably right although I still think a little of my options 3) :cautious of reaction from china; and 4) :disinfo was at play here. the press over here in blighty definitely implied the armada was on route to Korea a while ago.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: crazyewok

No one is governing or protecting the American people from terror of nukes and ISIS and Chicago. I'm hoping there are some lower level patriots who are trying to do their job. Hug your kids.

Maybe Trump should open the borders to ISIS in Chicargo then let North Korea drop and nuke on the city, Detriot too! Then thats a few US problems sorted

gee...as much as you sound so enthused to kill off a lot of poor black people, I don't think the military would do what you said.

Ahhh Humour and sarcasm something that is generally lost on the left.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The REAL question you should all be asking is whether or not we just witnessed a beta test for the finished Philadelphia Experiment . Or, can you worm hole a whole fleet thousands of miles from one local to another?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The media jumped the gun. They are heading to Korea, but they weren't scheduled to until after they finished their exercise.

Yes the only ones who nearly started a war with NK are the MSM with there fake news bs. The one with the fleet movement was completely bs too. They ae the real danger.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

I saw the interviews with Mattis and Trump. They lied to the American people then to cause fear and diversion. No info would be better than a lie.

Really? So it's now the government's job to keep you real-time informed of the actual location and activities of every single battlegroup and unit lest you think they have somehow been misplaced on the globe and are struggling through uncharted waters?

I don't recall anyone being this worried about it under any other president, not Obama, not Bush (the idiot king), not Clinton, Bush, not Reagan (who was senile and a dangerous cowboy all at once) ...

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Yule C Mann

So instead of the media screwing up a report on military deployments, like they always do, we should jump to that conclusion?

(post by AndyMayhew removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: urbanfox

Alternative fact ?
Sailing away from = sailing to.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Some will insist upon twisting things all out of proportion, won't they?

Carl Vinson is exactly where it's supposed to be. Headed north as ordered. SecDef Mattis and Pres. Trump are aware of where it is, Mattis down to the yard, Trump more generally.

The media screwed up by not practising due diligence and fact checking. If I can figure out what's going on with a ten minute google search...

Blame the President if you must, call him a liar if you will, the media can share a heaping helping of blame for the stupidity running rampant on this story.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The media screwed up by not practising due diligence and fact checking.

Quoted for truth here. The press has cut so many corners lately that I am pretty certain they don't have much in the way of editorial/fact checking/proofreading on board anymore. If you know what to look for, you can spot the stupidest errors in most major newspapers and press sources.

Things like a person's name in a photo caption not matching the written name in the story and other things just as stupid.

The KC Star wrote a caption for the players in a top 10 rated basketball team at one of the local universities and couldn't be fussed to make sure they had the right players to match with the ones in the picture.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

you forgot this deflection, Trump used "air quotes" when he said headed towards NK.

and when

Defense Secretary James Mattis told reporters at a briefing last week that the Carl Vinson was being deployed off the Korean Peninsula "because that’s where we thought it was most prudent to have her at this time.

he meant eventually.
the media was twisting things out of proportions. since you know, there's always been ambiguity when a US Naval ship is making maneuvers to show a show of force or presence, its not always there at the exact time...

there you go.

oh, and

“The president said that we have an armada going towards the peninsula. That’s a fact, it happened,” Spicer said. But then Spicer corrected himself, noting that it had not in fact happened. “It is happening, rather,” he said.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
1) deliberate misinformation from WashPo
2) deliberate misinformation from WashPo
3) deliberate misinformation from WashPo
4) deliberate misinformation from WashPo

Here are your answers.....

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: MOMof3

We used to say the lunatics are running the asylum. Looks like that's the situation in Washington.

NAFTA should be an interesting project for him. Lol.
Saw him talking about that yesterday during his buy American hire American "rally".
So he passed on R&R of Obama care due to a funny lack of interest by his own party.
Tax reform can't happen until we do health care. And of course we have a government shut down looming on the horizon making any work impossible. They can't get to tax reform with or without health care until the fall and nothing will get settle before the break making trump the first president without a major piece of legislation accomplished in his first year.
There's no organization there.

If you're definition of being organized includes rushing a broken healthcare bill into law WITHOUT ACTUALLY READING whats in the bill then I'll stick with the zero organization option.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: urbanfox

At this point, I am convinced that anything coming out of the Washington Post or the New York Times is written in a way to discredit, mock, or upend the Trump presidency.

They care not what their disinformation, convoluted reporting, and outright lies could do to our country's security....they just want to stick it to Trump in any way they can.

I have grown to despise the corporate media and their lackeys. Despicable bunch of hate mongers that would sooner see our country fall apart than allow Trump to be seen as the man that gets the job done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join