It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All My Secrets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This one thing that I do made me think of this. I have been doing it since I was five years old.

So I figured if I was going to talk about this one thing that I do in secret I might as well think of a few more things that I do that nobody knows about and tell you guys about them too.

As you guys can see I have been a member here for a few years, and if you are one of the types that look into someone's previous post history to gather a little more information about that person....well you will find that I (intentionally) try to leave out personal details about myself in my posts.

But you know what? It doesn't matter because they know what they want no matter my rights, so what I'm about to tell you "they" already know anyways.

Okay I'm sure you guys are thinking shut the hell up and get on with it, and I will after a few more sentences. I want this thread to be about not just my own secrets but a place where you can share one or more of yours.

Okay here goes. When I was five I plucked my thumb on my right hand on the opposite side of my fingernail in about the middle with a needle on accident. The needle was on a syringe I found on the side of the road amongst many others on my way home from school.

The secret is...I have been picking at the spot where I plucked with my opposing forefinger ever since. I keep a callus there.

I feel somewhat strange for admitting this to you guys not because I know you or at least most of you are ever bit as strange as me if not stranger than me.....but because I have never ever ever told this to another living soul. I have been picking at my thumb in that spot with my opposing forefinger since I was five years old leaving a callus. I know if I stop the callus will go away but yet there it is. I'm in my thirties.

Another secret is, I pick my nose. Now I'm sure a lot of people pick their nose but I pick it a lot. I pick my nose vigorously when no one is looking. I roll the booger between my fingers kind of just enjoying the feeling of it, (I guess kind of like Chinese stress balls ) while no one is paying attention. I then flick it inconspicuously.

I love classical music. I never tell anyone this. I listen to classical music on my to and from work and every other chance I get to when alone.

Now I feel like I'm risking some sort of psychological profile. That's another secret of mine I'm paranoid.

Lastly, I'm content. Another secret of mine is that I'm deep down happy and content.

I feel so vulnerable now!

Let's see if you have the guts to tell us one or a few of your secrets. If not you can always pick on my OP

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I don´t often pick buggers, even less often while driving, but when I do, I wait for oncoming vehicles to pass me, so they don´t have to see it. But only if it´s itching.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I pick my nose vigorously when no one is looking.

If we ever meet at an ATS gathering, don't be surprised when I don't shake hands.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   
But will you remember in time?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I knew a person that did exactly what you describe with your boogers. Do you also blow your nose into the bare palms of your hands, rub them together and then wipe them on your britches? Are you from Arkansas? Have you ever lived in Malvern and worked in Gum Springs?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT
That´s disgusting.

Sekret Machines....
edit on 16-4-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yes it is. The person disgusted me every work night for 6 years.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Seeing as no one else has shared any secrets with you so far;

When I was young I used to use a magnifying glass to burn ants.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Seeing as no one else has shared any secrets with you so far;

Then you need (better) glasses...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

When I was a kid, my parents made a cake. Naturally, I got my hopes high. But the cake cooked all wrong, so they threw it away. I was pretty disappointed. So when night came, I silently went to the garbage bin, and ate all of the cake, like a stupid racoon.

Luckily for me I didn't catch anything, I didn't get sick that day. But it could have been worst.

edit on 16-4-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

He was also a thief.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

I don´t often pick buggers, even less often while driving, but when I do, I wait for oncoming vehicles to pass me, so they don´t have to see it. But only if it´s itching.

Everybody does that.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne
good, then I feel better the next time I´ll do it.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I twirl my mouse ever faster in a widening circle, until it distracts me from boring content. I become aware of the moment and pull out...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
All right, ill bite.

This ones kinda embarrassing. I need to sleep with the hall light on.
34 years old and still scared of the dark!
Yet I work in an underground mine, where its pitch black everywhere your cap lamp isn't pointed.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Darkness is a fear which most (diurnal) animals share. Alot of things can hide in the dark. Fear of the dark is a survival instinct which kept mankind alive in a time when wolves and stuff roamed around at night.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Last time I shared secrets I ended up in jail.

Not falling for that again!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Yeah, but there's lights all over the cars, loader, pinner, cutter.....
I had to be on the unit by myself often and I'd go where there were no machines and turn my cap light off, just to see how dark it was. I don't think many people realize how much light there really is when they say it's dark. Go several miles underground and turn off the light.
That's dark.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

First, everyone picks their nose, despite what some might say. As long as you don't eat the booger, I have no problem with it. I don't pick as much as I used to because I began using saline nasal spray to avoid infections and it works.

A couple of secrets of mine, I routinely talk to myself when alone. During these times will often use the most despicable language and then laugh at myself. If anyone was to ever bug my house or car, they would think I'm absolutely insane.

Another secret, on some level I secretly wish for tragedy. I don't know why and I feel bad about it. When tragedies occur I feel horrible for the victims, but also find some level of enjoyment in them, otherwise, why would I get so wrapped up in them? An example, when the first reports of a shooting appear, on some level I want it to be terrorism and not something more mundane. I don't understand this desire, and frankly, it's one of the things I like the least about myself.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Another secret, on some level I secretly wish for tragedy. I don't know why and I feel bad about it. When tragedies occur I feel horrible for the victims, but also find some level of enjoyment in them, otherwise, why would I get so wrapped up in them? An example, when the first reports of a shooting appear, on some level I want it to be terrorism and not something more mundane. I don't understand this desire, and frankly, it's one of the things I like the least about myself.

Ditto, and i thought i was the only one

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join