It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals table bills to legalize pot, clamp down on impaired driving

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The Liberal government has tabled legislation to end the prohibition on pot and regulate it for recreational use, checking off a major campaign promise from the 2015 campaign. The legislation allows people to possess up to 30 grams of dried or fresh cannabis and sets the minimum at 18 years of age, though provinces can set a higher legal age. Consumers can grow up to four plants at home or buy from a licensed retailer. Dried and fresh cannabis and cannabis oil will be available first, with edible products to become available later, according to information provided to reporters by Health Canada.

Liberals table legislation to legalize pot by July 2018

Well, in the words of my son, "Dad, we won the war on drugs!"

edit on 13-4-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: Need props, eh?

edit on 13-4-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/13/2017 by semperfortis because: Use the Exact Headline

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thankfully in America we're doubling down on these heinous monsters who smoke the devil's weed. 50 years to life for first time possession and life without parole afterwards should do the trick. Just be thankful you don't have the unenviable task of filling a million empty private prison cells by 2020 like us righteous god fearing Americans!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Thankfully in America we're doubling down on these heinous monsters who smoke the devil's weed. 50 years to life for first time possession and life without parole afterwards should do the trick. Just be thankful you don't have the unenviable task of filling a million empty private prison cells by 2020 like us righteous god fearing Americans!

Precisely, and we can thank God for president Donald Trump that had the divine inspiration to appoint a true Patriot like Jeff Sessions as attorney General, to rid the Home land of this scourge against the American way of life.
edit on 13-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You guys are too stressed, you probably need a joint

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
About time, at my age i shouldent have to go visit some shady dude to get my mood adjustment medication.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

The Liberal government has tabled legislation to end the prohibition on pot and regulate it for recreational use, checking off a major campaign promise from the 2015 campaign. The legislation allows people to possess up to 30 grams of dried or fresh cannabis and sets the minimum at 18 years of age, though provinces can set a higher legal age. Consumers can grow up to four plants at home or buy from a licensed retailer. Dried and fresh cannabis and cannabis oil will be available first, with edible products to become available later, according to information provided to reporters by Health Canada.

Only conservatives are against pot in the US.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Also why do I think if there were any further inspection of this you would find either ,

A: this guy is the most conservative liberal in Canada..aka the hillary clinton of Canada..

B: he is in a very red district and was lobbied by local conservative groups..

There is always more to the story with all of this right wing garbage propaganda..

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

We have a Conservative leadership candidate who states that she will undo any legalization measures if she is elected.
Ha, ha, good luck getting elected!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The liberals call me a conservative, and the conservatives call me a liberal.

All I want is to eliminate all but about ten laws so we can experience this "Freedom" thing everyone keeps talking about!

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hey everyone by table he actually means put the bill forward to be voted on next year.. not tabled it like as in postponed it..

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Also why do I think if there were any further inspection of this you would find either ,
A: this guy is the most conservative liberal in Canada..aka the hillary clinton of Canada..
B: he is in a very red district and was lobbied by local conservative groups..
There is always more to the story with all of this right wing garbage propaganda..

OK...got you...yes, table means put forward in this context. Clarification made in title.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

The liberals call me a conservative, and the conservatives call me a liberal.

All I want is to eliminate all but about ten laws so we can experience this "Freedom" thing everyone keeps talking about!

No question..

We have 300 years of laws on the books , half for horrible reasons in the first place and no one ever cleans out the trash.

Just like tax law, you have centuries of bs loopholes that hurt countless people on a daily basis..

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Fantastic, more legislation, more regulation, and more taxes. Thank you Trudeau, The Liberal government, and especially the state-run television service for bringing us the good news.
edit on 13|4|17 by Words because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

Fantastic, more legislation and more taxes. Thank you Trudeau, The Liberal government, and especially the state-run television service for bringing us the good news.

Notice you can also grow your own? What's to complain about? Chill Dude!
I think the most important part of this legislation is that pot users will no longer be criminals. For some, crossing that line is not a helpful step in life. Certainly, getting popped isn't.
(ps...I watched it on CTV)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
You guys are too stressed, you probably need a joint

Sarcasm is hard to spot on the interwebs. Just having a little fun with the right winged ones.

But the US is a long way from decriminalization and Sessions wants to take away states rights....some Republican eh?

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Good job Canada. I wish we were heading in that direction still, but alas Trump has put Sessions in charge and he has turned around and brought more drug warriors on board. The rest of the world is moving towards acceptance, Canada is straight up legalizing it, and the US wants to return to the 1980's...

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Notice you can also grow your own? What's to complain about? Chill Dude!
I think the most important part of this legislation is that pot users will no longer be criminals. For some, crossing that line is not a helpful step in life. Certainly, getting popped isn't.
(ps...I watched it on CTV)

What's to complain about? Taxes and regulation. I can grow any plant I want already. The notion that I should be punished by the government for growing particular plants is nonsensical. Marijuana should be decriminalized, yes, but we should go one step further and remove every government fingers from the proverbial pie.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

You are asking for a pipe dream. The government, any government, will tax legal products. You can't get away from them and they are a necessary part of life to make your government function. Regulations are also important. Who wants to be buying pot that could have been sprayed with harmful chemicals? I know I don't want that.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
That's cool, but the war isn't won yet, as it's just a bill. I hope that it gets signed into law for you guys.

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Actually, I think it is about being against stupid, stoned idiotic people who literally force you to take their drugs secondhand, even if you don't do drugs, by smoking it in common public spaces and places.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join