It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Muscle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm more of a Nissan Pulsar kinda guy

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Haha. . . my neighbor has a Geo Storm you might be interested in. Wait, you are just kidding right? I know some people really do like one model of those old Pulsars.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

If we're talking car movies, we have to include this one:

Nah.

It had no machine guns, tyre slashers, oil slicks, bullet proof screen, rotating number plates or ejector seat like this:-

edit on 9-4-2017 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Buick Regal GNX, Trans Am 6.6, '68 Pontiac GTO hardtop and Cobra are nice. I love the V8 burble.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

Yea I was making a joke. But they really aren't that bad of a car. I learned to drive in an 88 Pulsar.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: DarkvsLight29

The Corvette seems like it has pretty decent performance. There are a few others that handle pretty well. The next gen Corvette will have some serious performance. It's going to be a mid-engine car.

Did you see the orange GT 350 in the video? I'm not sure if it's an original, but it was sharp.

The GT 350 is also a great car and look's nice in orange, i didn't watch the whole 16 minutes of your vid but their was many nice muscle cars in it.

Ps the new gen Corvette's​ do have serious performance and decent handling, think the new model has 650-700 bhp and all the modern mods plus super car Tec.
edit on 9 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
Buick Regal GNX, Trans Am 6.6, '68 Pontiac GTO hardtop and Cobra are nice. I love the V8 burble.

gnx is a turbo 6.
a true monster in 87. now you can get a nice one for 87

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

But can it kill you all by itself? I like my cars to be possessed by a demon or vengeful spirit:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

I wish I had gotten more of the Grand National on video, but there was a lunatic singing in the background the whole time. . . wasn't one of you guys was it?

I thought about adding music to the whole video, but when I listened to it, I just had to leave it alone. There were so many awesome sounds in the background and coming from the cars I recorded, I just couldn't bring myself to cover them up.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

There were so many cars. I planned to only record about 20, but ended up with nearly 100. I had to cut it way down, so I picked the ones I thought were best or most rare.

The Yenko Deuce was probably one of the most rare, or the Plymouth GTX. I only saw 1 Demon 340 and 1 Judge.

There were several Roadrunners, but I only saw 1 Super Bee.

The last few minutes of the video has an awesome blue Charger and that nice orange Super Bee.

I wonder what the die-hard Corvette fans think about them changing to a mid-engine platform for the next gen car? I think they are still going to make the standard version too. I guess it all depends on how the mid-engine version sells before they decide what to do after that.
edit on 9-4-2017 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Wasn't the GNX the fastest production car that year? If you didn't know what it was, it looks like a real sleeper. I always thought it looked like a calmed down Monte Carlo.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

There were so many cars. I planned to only record about 20, but ended up with nearly 100. I had to cut it way down, so I picked the ones I thought were best or most rare.

The Yenko Deuce was probably one of the most rare, or the Plymouth GTX. I only saw 1 Demon 340 and 1 Judge.

There were several Roadrunners, but I only saw 1 Super Bee.

The last few minutes of the video has an awesome blue Charger and that nice orange Super Bee.

I wonder what the die-hard Corvette fans think about them changing to a mid-engine platform for the next gen car? I think they are still going to make the standard version too. I guess it all depends on how the mid-engine version sells before they decide what to do after that.

Lol i don't blame you i'd try and get all the car's i could get and would have been brilliant to see them in person..I don't think the die hard Corvette fans will be completely happy with the new mid-engine setup, the same happened when jaguar made a new copy of the original E-Type at goodwood festival of speed some didn't like it just cause it's new in Tec but has the same body.. in the end everyone will have to deal with it.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: esteay812

javelins were bad, lots of people thought they were wimpy things, many people had their butts handed to them by a javelin.
was your pop's a first gen 1968 to 1970 or sec gen 1971to 74. i had a buddy that had a sec gen with a 401 that he tricked out, don't remember all that he did to it, but i remember he had to bore it 30 over and put 10:1 pistons in it. because the old man he bought it from left the hood up and the breather off.

we use to take it down to where we all use to hang out by the river. he'd wind that damn thing up to about 6 grand, dump the clutch, it would put you back through the seat. when it left the line it was raise up all four corners lurch forward and then the a@@ end would sit down and then it was all over with but the kickin and the screamin.

oh and one more movie, the original Gone In 60 Seconds.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I'd say you're right. I remember when some of them were mad about changing from the pop-up headlights to the lens cover headlights. I figured they'd really flip out about a complete platform change. Not to mention the mid-engine 'vette will probably cost way more than a standard version.

I don't think it's the first Corvette mid-engine though. I think they made one at one point, but it may have just been a concept car or maybe a race version.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

It was a '73. The thing was powerful. I'm not sure the engine size, but it was hard to keep it from spinning the tires just pulling onto the road. I like both models and I'm not sure which had better performance, but I like the looks of the '73 a little better than the first one.

I'll see your movie and raise you one more. This one isn't completely American muscle related, but it's a classic to me, lol:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I'd say you're right. I remember when some of them were mad about changing from the pop-up headlights to the lens cover headlights. I figured they'd really flip out about a complete platform change. Not to mention the mid-engine 'vette will probably cost way more than a standard version.

I don't think it's the first Corvette mid-engine though. I think they made one at one point, but it may have just been a concept car or maybe a race version.

I agree i think the other mid-engine Corvette was for racing and not for the public at the time, although I'm not completely sure it's just in my mind hearing about it a couple years ago.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

It'll definitely be different. I can't wait to see it in person though. It'll be interesting to see how it performs against the Ford GT and especially some of the more traditional supercars. Corvette always claimed supercar beating performance, but they were just different because of the front engine. I wonder if they can put out a mid-engine version that can really compete or beat the Lambos and Ferraris?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It'll definitely be different. I can't wait to see it in person though. It'll be interesting to see how it performs against the Ford GT and especially some of the more traditional supercars. Corvette always claimed supercar beating performance, but they were just different because of the front engine. I wonder if they can put out a mid-engine version that can really compete or beat the Lambos and Ferraris?

I couldn't see it beating the new Ford GT40 or Ferrari's/Lamborghini's​, the reason why is because Corvette's​ don't seem to have the handling like the others and spin the tyres trying to find grip...That said it's probably in the ball park with bhp/performance and better handling on the new one's could be a very close race between them all, i wouldn't put a bet down just yet on who'd win.
edit on 9 4 2017 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I think it could be very good at what it does, but they'll have to find a way to keep the price really low, relatively speaking. That's one of the main reasons Corvettes have been so popular, you can get crazy performance for a fraction of the cost of similarly performing supercars. Still, can't wait to see one on the road - you never really see any supercars around where I live.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Wow, there seems to be a bit of confusion about what American Muscle Cars were by some.

I hope there are enough young people around who understand, to keep them alive in collections and in our history.

The relationship between owners and their cars were much more personal and most knew how to work on them themselves. Cars may be faster now, but the personal relationship with them is gone. I'd wager most young people can't even drive a standard shift, let alone customize them in their own yard, one part at a time.

Now it's about how much money you have to pay for something you have no relationship with beyond what's missing from the bank account.

Soon it will be all electric, self driving computer controlled crap moving people around who can't even find the place to attach the charging cable too. Something very sad about that. Very sad.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join